How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-06-2006
Empire State of Mind

Thank you so much! I will definitely not bid on them! It's just so hard for me to tell if they are real or fake because I have never seen the authentic ones irl, only in pictures in mags or online. I will check out the store in NY and then order them from fat4.

01-06-2006
rising star

not a problem Velony, im always more than happy to help you out! it really annoys me how there are so many fakes out there at the moment!

i recently just bought myself a pair of worn grey lean beans! cannot wait to recieve them!

01-06-2006
windowshopping

Here's how you can tell tsubi fakes:

They have V's joined together on the side that sorta look like /\/\, rather than the tsubi marking which is sorta like / and \/\ on top of each other rather than looking like a straight /\/\ if you know what I mean!

They usually have the ugly black pockets on the inside (and usually these are piling)

Most tsubi fakes are worn greys (not sure why, maybe theyre easier to make?) Well they always get the wash wrong. Most fakes have a yellow-ish streak whereas the real ones dont. They are also shaped/cut differently.

If you ever get a fake, they usually stink. Smells like something mass manufactured if you get what I mean (sort of like the strong smell of supre jeans).

Their inner lining tag isn't cotton and is different to other tsubi tags.

The "tsubi" marking on the front side isnt too good quality either.

Thats all I can think of atm.
I hope that helps!

01-06-2006
V.I.P.

^Lol. I wonder why they stink?

02-06-2006
trendsetter

Thanks so uch for the info, femme_fatale!

I can't believe there are fakes out! Why fake jeans!!? Are there fakes out there of the skinny zips?

How can you tell on them?

02-06-2006
V.I.P.

^I think there are fake tsubis because some people don't feel like paying the 200+ price for these jeans.

02-06-2006
trendsetter

I know!! But jeans are about QUALITY!! I mean..it's bull---- to wear something that looks like it comes from China!!

I guess you can't trust ebay now.

02-06-2006
rising star

just_me, there are no skinny zip fakes that i know of at the moment. its just the worn grey scooter style.

ways you can spot a fake have been said in my previous post and have been repeated by femme_fatale.

i honestly dont believe the reason there are fake tsubis are because people dont want to pay $200 for a pair of jeans. sellers are listing these up on ebay and passing them off as real and i have no doubt that people have paid $100s of dollars thinking they are buying the genuine article. the fact is they are throwing all their money at something that is fake, isnt the real thing and the quality doesnt even compare. if they wanted fake tsubis, they wouldnt pay close to retail for them or bid $100s of dollars for them on ebay.
basically the sellers on ebay are buying the fake tsubis and selling them on ebay as real and making a massive profit from the unknown buyer, its wrong.

02-06-2006
Empire State of Mind

It's so disgusting and annoying. It all started with fake Sevens, then True Religions and so on and now I think there are even more fake then authentic jeans (items).I am so careful when I buy on ebay these days. Actually I don't like buying off ebay as much as I used to due to the fact that you never know for sure if you will receive authentic merchandise. I will definitely buy all of my jeans in retail stores now to be on the safer side.

02-06-2006
rising star

Velony, if you are still interested in the grey lean beans, i found some on ebay in a size 8
Item#: 9325872285
those are definately real because the feature the new tsubi tag and have the tsubi stickers on them.

02-06-2006
windowshopping

lol. Fakes are sort of like.. a way of life. haha.. there are fakes everywhere now... even with brands such as mooks, lonsdale, billabong, diesel!

Fakes are simply an easy way to make $$$ to be frank, and this is obviously in the minds of the fake-makers. Which is probably why fake tsubis have that smell - because they've been mass produced in some factory.

I really doubt skinny zips have fakes. As dotty said, its mainly the worn grey scooters for some reason... watch out as there are LOADS on ebay of these.

The other thing is - most people dont know about fake tsubis. It's not as common as LV or GUCCI and the other high end designer items that are 95% fake on ebay. I guess its the opposite for tsubi - more like 5% are fake (just a rough estimation) and most people wont suspect purchasing fake tsubis.

I have personally been a victim myself and I had originally believed the tsubis I purchased were the real deal (until I had undergone further research). It even came with the original tsubi tag (but it didnt have the price sticker on the tag, and it didnt have the original tsubi stickers on thejeans as most BNWT tsubis advertised should!)

02-06-2006
Empire State of Mind

gone_dotty, thanks for letting me know about the auction. I still want the lean beans but I don't think the 8 would fit me. I'm a 27 in most of my jeans. I also wouldn't know how to pay for this item as the seller does not seem to accept paypal.

02-06-2006
Empire State of Mind

I have another question. What style are the Courtneys? Just came across a pair on ebay. Straight or skinny leg? Thanks

02-06-2006
rising star

hi there!
The courtney jeans are a faded black wash and can either be in the style of lean beans or scooters.
does the auction state what style they are velony?

02-06-2006
rising star

Velony, if you are ever unsure about the lean bean or scooter cut, you can tell by how the TSUBI logo is written on the jeans.

On lean beans the tsubi logo is embroided in running writing like this:

Image Courtesy of ebay

On Scooters the logo is painted on like this:

image courtesy of ebay.

hoping that helps!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans, ksubi, tsubi