How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-07-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara_banana
Tsubi's are the BEST jeans and unlike other jeans they dont stretch!!
No there arent any fakes it they have there symbol on the back of one of the legs then they arent, there symbol is 2 + inside 2 boxes!!
And for people in Melbourne they are thinking about having a sale there, ill let you know if they are still going ahead with it! I went to the sale when they had it in Sydney and it was really crazy! there were like 4000 people! And most of the stuff was crap, but if you searched it was possible to find good stuff!
Hey I went to the Tsubi sale too! I agree it was totally crazy!! I waited for so long and I got NOTHING!! I was there since like 8am.... But my friend got like 4 pairs of tsubis...so unfair!! He was so happy about it!! (Although I shouldn't complain since I have abt 8 pairs already..just can't get enough of them!!)
And man, the guys in the line were so rough! They were AWFUL!And there were so many queue-jumpers! I went to the sale last year and it was pretty good...but this year, it seemed so hectic!It was so disorganised....I heard they were gonna have a sale in Melbourne too ...you should check the Vogue forums regularly coz theat's where they advertise their sales and stuff...

30-07-2005
windowshopping

They've restocked at mycatwalk

http://www.mycatwalk.com.au/pages/chicshop_2.html

31-07-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizkit
I'm trying to get a pair of Tsubis on ebay but I'm quite wary of the authenticity of the things on ebay. So I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if there are fake Tsubis circulating in the market. Or is there any on line store that sells men's Tsubis?
I wouldn't be too worried about fake tsubi's, I doubt there is such a thing...yet! I don't know of any stores that sell men's tsubi's, sorry!

31-07-2005
windowshopping

Do they make fake jeans too? Hard to believe!

31-07-2005
rising star

yeah..i have seen fake jeans...but not Tsubi..i hope not!

31-07-2005
backstage pass

yeah, the tsubis on eBay are all authentic (i'm pretty sure of this). It's pretty hard to make fake tsubis coz they're so distinctive. It's good to get the tsubis on ebay right now due to the influx from people selling what they got at the Tsubi sale in Sydney

31-07-2005
front row

i wear a 0/24 jeans and the website says size 8 is size 2-4 in US and they run kind of small. does anyone know the fit on these jeans?

31-07-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.fashionista
i wear a 0/24 jeans and the website says size 8 is size 2-4 in US and they run kind of small. does anyone know the fit on these jeans?
Hey there! Well, I wear size 8 tsubis, and I'm a sz2/26 in jeans.So I think you'll need to look for a size 6.There are quite a few pairs of size 6 tsubis on Ebay. If you want I can give you the measurements for my tsubis and you can compare them to your own measurements.Hope this helps!

31-07-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus_07
Hey there! Well, I wear size 8 tsubis, and I'm a sz2/26 in jeans.So I think you'll need to look for a size 6.There are quite a few pairs of size 6 tsubis on Ebay. If you want I can give you the measurements for my tsubis and you can compare them to your own measurements.Hope this helps!
please give me measurments! thank you soooo much, taurus. you r the bestest! lol.

01-08-2005
backstage pass

What style were you after?

These are the measurements for the lean bean cut (sz8): waist (13.5" across or about 34.5 cm), crotch (7.5" or about 19cm), length (41" or 104cm) This tends to be the tightest fit

These are the measurements for the skinnie minnie cut(sz8): waist (14" across or about 35.5 cm), crotch (7.5" or about 19cm), length (41" or 104cm) - very similar to lean beans

These are the measurements for the scooter cut(sz8): waist (14" across or about 36 cm), crotch (8" or about 20cm), length (41" or 104cm) - Scooters are looser than lean beans or skinnie minnies

These are the measurements for the ziggy cut (sz8): waist (14" across or about 36 cm), crotch (8" or about 20cm), length (41" or 104cm) - These are the ones with zips at the ankles that come in many different colours - very skinny jeans!

All pretty similar measurements - but sometimes the sizing is a bit off. Hope this is helpful for you!!

01-08-2005
front row

^ thanks! i am interested in the the lean bean but the mycatwalk website has 8 as the smallest. sounds like it will be a lil big. darn! does the jean sit low on the waiste? thank you soo much for all your help. you are great!

Last edited by miss.fashionista; 01-08-2005 at 11:39 PM.
01-08-2005
front row

Quote:
^ thanks! i am interested in the the lean bean but the mycatwalk website has 8 as the smallest. sounds like it will be a lil big. darn! does the jean sit low on the waiste? thank you soo much for all your help. you are great!

I would say it sits quite low.

02-08-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
It's all good! Well, the jeans do sit pretty low, but it can also depend on your body shape. Thry're low on most people though. Maybe you could fit this pair??

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....413026995&rd=1

These are skinnie minnies, but they're pretty similar anyway to the lean beans. Hope you can get a pair for yourself soon!

02-08-2005
Soviet Camaro

A lot of the men's Tsubi's I've seen come with a black bandanna, does this have a particular significance in Australia?

In SF it usually means S&M...

front row

thanks tauras! those are cute too. I'll keep it on my watch list. so cross fingers! thanks everyone!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans, ksubi, tsubi