How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-10-2005
fashion elite

Men's Tsubi Jeans
Hey everyone, I was wondering if someone could help me locate/assist in sizing for men's Tsubi jeans. I like the dee dee style that I saw on Aloharag and I was wondering if any male members have tried them and can vouch for sizing. I am pretty skinny and wear a 28 in most jeans, but Aloharag only has these in a size 30, do you think they will be too big on me? I want them to look slim so if they are loose it will kill it for me. Thanks!

p.s. if you know any other website besides aloha that cary them for men, or any stores in NY that carry them, please let me now!

Last edited by MJCouture; 02-10-2005 at 09:37 PM.

26-10-2005
lovely but empty

I know this thread sort of died, BUT I FINALLY FOUND A PAIR OF WORN GREY LEAN BEANS IN MY SIZE ON EBAY and I just bought them. I'm soooooo excited.

27-10-2005
backstage pass

Cool!! Congratulations!! Hope you enjoy them....but you'll probably become addicted to them like me!!

31-10-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanityCrisis
Anyone know where to find Tsubi's in LA?

You can get a small selection from Satine Boutique.

Satine
8117 West Third St.
Los Angeles, CA 90048

Phone Fax
(323)655-2142 (323)655-2145

There's heaps of places that stock Tsubis in Sydney: Fat, Orson & Blake, Good Charlotte, Capital L, The Corner Shop and of course the Tsubi stores.

Also for the people in Europe, I'm pretty sure they stock Tsubis in Harrods. I vaguely remember from ages ago they had some installation there, where they got to display their artwork and collection. They probably also stock them in various high-end boutiques in Paris, considering that was one of the locations of the recent book launch.

The Tsubis you'll find online are all real. If there were fakes, you can easily tell them apart.

Sometimes their sizing is a bit off. I fit the size 12 Lean Beans and Skinnie Minnies, but am a 10 in the Ziggies/Skinny Zipz. It really depends on your body. I think you would be better off trying them on in real life and familiarising yourself with the Tsubi sizing before buying them online.

I've been steadily collecting them for years now and they're the only jeans I have and I love all of them to pieces!! I assure you, once you get a pair, you'll be addicted!!

01-11-2005
scenester

Does anybody know where in San Francisco do they carry tsubis?

01-11-2005
fashion icon

Oops!! Sorry, guys!! I'm not sure whether it was Harrods or Selfridges... But it wouldn't hurt to check them both out anyways!!

You could also try checking out the small boutiques that stock other Aussie labels such as Browns. We don't want our European friends missing out!!

02-11-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara_banana
They dont stock tsubis in europe, only Australia, New York and LA.
And i would love to add my claim to fame... my mum taught Dan Single, and thank god he thought she was a really wonderful teacher, cause i now can get into their sales ahead of everyone else!!!
Hehe Lucky You !!

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boho Addict
Does anybody know where in San Francisco do they carry tsubis?
I'm not really sure if they stock Tsubis in San Francisco...

They might (or perhaps in the future) stock it at Macy's, Nordstrom or at little boutiques but I'm not too sure about this.

If they don't have it there, you could always try ordering them from the L.A boutiques that do stock them or even from their store in N.Y.

If that doesn't work, mycatwalk.com have a selection and eBay always have a heap of Tsubis!!

Hope that helps!!

08-11-2005
fashion elite

I got my first pair of Tsubis today at the New York store. They are the washed grey Dee Dees. I was so happy when I found out they had a store here (whch I have walked by numerous times without ever looking in), because I have not seen the men's stocked anywhere. I love them so much, this may become a serious addiction. Just a word for other guys interested in them, the Dee Dees run pretty true to size. I wear a 28 in pretty much every brand of jeans, accept for APC where I take a 27, and I fit a 28 at Tsubi. They are VERY skinny though, skinnier than my APC Cures, so I would think you could go a size up or so if you wanted them a tad looser.

fashion icon

Hey MJCouture!! Congrats on your first pair!! I'm sure you WILL become addicted!! I love Tsubis on guys !!

09-11-2005
rising star

i know it is a bit late. but i am so ........... after a pair of super skinny zip now. i am wondering what is the best fit to me? i am a size 9 in lean bean. because tsubi is inconsistent with their sizing. so i want to ask you guys opinion? thx

12-11-2005
fashion icon

Yeh the sizing is pretty bodgy...

I'm a larger 10 and fit a 12 in lean beans but a ten in the skinny zips. Because the skinny zips stretch, you can probably fit into an 8 but, your best bet is to try them on in stores or something first before buying online.

13-11-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius_21
Yeh the sizing is pretty bodgy...

I'm a larger 10 and fit a 12 in lean beans but a ten in the skinny zips. Because the skinny zips stretch, you can probably fit into an 8 but, your best bet is to try them on in stores or something first before buying online.
yes, it just make ppl so confused with their sizes. i have tried it in size 8 in general pants and i can fitted it. however, it is not the best fit for me i think. i went to tsubi store recently and asked if i can order size 7. the salesgirl said they don't make it anymore. i think i should better forget it. have your super skinny zip been stretch yet? what size did you get?

13-11-2005
front row

I love my tsubies!

I actually have no idea of their name but they are the exact ones Lindsay Lohan first wore when she started sporting tsubi's. They are the grey lean beans is it? Im not sure. Got them in general pants in sydney. Been trying them on all over aus for the last two years and finally got myself a pair.

16-11-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachi
yes, it just make ppl so confused with their sizes. i have tried it in size 8 in general pants and i can fitted it. however, it is not the best fit for me i think. i went to tsubi store recently and asked if i can order size 7. the salesgirl said they don't make it anymore. i think i should better forget it. have your super skinny zip been stretch yet? what size did you get?
They might have the half sizes at smaller boutiques like Fat, The Corner Shop or Orson and Blake. I wear the skinny zipz in a ten and they've stretched a little but still look nice and fitted. Don't give up!! Maybe you can even find them on eBay!!

And to Jade, congrats on getting your first pair!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans, ksubi, tsubi