How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-05-2006
fashion icon

^^ They used to have the skinnie minnies in the phoenix sun wash but they're an old style and are really hard to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_me
They don't seem to have any stock on mycatwalk.

Anyone know about more washes they do in the skinny zips that are not on the website?
There's so many different washes of the skinny zips available (that mycatwalk.com don't stock). Black, white, grey, purple, blue, yellow, pink, red, aqua..... You name it . There's a new wash out that I'm getting called 'charcoal'. It's a dark grey wash with black stitching and markings and they are so hot .

27-05-2006
trendsetter

I'm not that interested in coloured skinnies tbh. I just like different washes, you now..something that's a bit extra.

Hmm, my worry is the phoenix is going to make me look big, and light jeans is hard to match.

27-05-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_me
Ok thanks.

I like the way they look at the fat website, a bit silver-ish not so much at mycatwalk, which one is more true to how they look irl? I want the as a going out jean i think.
mycatwalk is more true to the colour and i suppose the way they look are more like fat (in terms of fit) because the model on mycatwalk.com can make some of the jeans look weird (she has no bum)

i think the phoenix jeans is more of a casual jeans because of the light coloured wash, not so much a going out jean which you can dress up or down. i reckon darker washes are more versatile because of the fact you have them as a going out jean and a casual jeans.

personally, the lean beans are great, no muffin top and the wash and cut is so flattering. they also arent super skinny like the skinny zips (which on the wrong budy shape can be unforgiving) i have the aged black, vintage indigo, indigo and blue monday wash in lean beans. love them all!

i hope that all helps!

Last edited by gone_dotty; 27-05-2006 at 06:50 AM.
27-05-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone_dotty
also be careful with buying tsubis on ebay. there have been many worn grey scooter fakes floating around
So any way to spot fake?!!

27-05-2006
Empire State of Mind

That is a good question and I was about to ask the same one. Anyone seen any fakes yet? If yes, how do you spot them? I can't believe that there already Tsubi fakes.

27-05-2006
rising star

Ways To Spot A Tsubi Fake
So far all i know is that the only fake tsubis that exist is the Worn Grey Scooters (im thinking this is thanks to Lindsay Lohan and all her candid photos in her grey tsubis). Any other wash of tsubi and cut, there has been no sightings of fakes...yet.

The main differenc between these fake worn grey and the real wonr grey scooters is namely the wash.

FAKE:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...FakeTsubis.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...akeTsubis2.jpg

REAL:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...RealTsubis.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...ealTsubis3.jpg

Can you notice that the fake tsubis are more of a matte/yellowy colour whereas the real tsubis are more of a grey, a streaky grey at that. there are no hints of yellowness or matte in it. its a nice streaky grey.

Also have a close look at the pockets:

FAKE: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...akeTsubis3.jpg

REAL: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...ealTsubis2.jpg

You will notice that the stitching of the back pockets on the fake tsubis form a V shape on the side of the pockets. The real ones dont have these V shapes on the side. It kind of goes straight up vertically in line with the shape of the pockets (it hard t explain and hopefully it makes sense)

Those are the main warning signs that you can detect from an eBay auction, however we all know that auctions can be misleading. Here are some warning signs that you can look out for once you have recieved the tsubis.

The denim on the fake tsubis are thinner than the real tsubis, the denim is also coarse when you wear them and will be even more coarse and thin after one wash. Real tsubis use much thicker denim

The inside lining of the pockets on fake tsubis are made of this black fabric (its like polyester as it has sheen to it) that pills (sp?) The real tsubis have a lining that is made of a thin white cotton material, not this black one!!!

Also take note of the texture of the words tsubi on the firnt coin poket and the tsubi dices on the worn grey scooters. The paint has kind of sunk in with the dneim on the real tsubis. However on the fake onces you will notice there is a rubbering texture to it and in some cases it can be scratched off.

This also may sound weird but fake tsubis, once you recieve MAY have a weird rubbery warehouse smell to them.

I hope this helps and answers our questions on how to spot a fake

28-05-2006
Empire State of Mind

gone dotty, thank you so much! How I think that almost all scooter styles are fake? That's really sad. However, I would love a pair. Do you have an idea where I can still get the scooter straight leg style in worn grey online? Mycatwalk has sold out and I don't know of any other site that carries them. Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks

28-05-2006
rising star

no problem im glad to help you
yes i do know a place you can buy worn grey scooters online, www.fat4.com

go to their shop online section, fat4 is a shop in australia and they just recently started selling some items online registered airmail is $15 AUD and the worn grey scooters are $275AUD. they ship to most countries

not all scooters on ebay are fake, you just have to be careful but buying from a trusted retailer (like fat4, mycatwalk) is the way to go if you are unsure

let me know if you end up buying a pair and how they go

28-05-2006
Empire State of Mind

Thank you! I might consider ordering a pair. I just checked the fat4 site and they do have the scooter jeans but only in sizes 6,8,10,12. I am a 27 and thought I needed a 9. Do you think I should order the 10 instead? Also, is the lean bean style really skinny (compared to the scooter) because they don't look that skinny in the pic.
The site is really good especially as they ship internationally for only AUD $15.

28-05-2006
backstage pass

^ Hey Veloney, my opinion is that if you're on the smaller side of a 27, to go for an 8 because the scooters do give a little after a few wears, just give it a wash when you want them to be real fitted. But if you're a larger 27 then a 10 would probably be better .
Also regarding the lean beans, they are definitely a skinnier cut compared to the scooters. I actually wouldn't say they're 'skinny' but they are definitely a fitted, straight leg style and easier to dress up and down, whereas the scooters are more casual, well, in my opinion anyway. Hope that helps .

rising star

the lean bean i'd say is cross between a straight leg and skinny cut, it has an 18cm leg opening (7.2 inches) lying flat where as the scooter has a 19cm (7.8inch) leg opening. lean beans are quite long though and have a higher rise.

i think tsubi scooters are fairly true to size, especially in the grey and black washes, they also do stretch a bit as well (even though they are rigid denim).

im generally a size 26/27 in most jeans and i find that the size 8 fit me well. the scooters will stretch after some wear. my scooters (these are the superfaded blue pox scooters) are a size 8, and they measure 37cm (14.8 inches) lying flat around the waist. when i first got these they were a little snug but after some wear they stretched out and now fit me perfectly.

A size 10 is 39cm (15.6 inches) in the waist lying flat. i hope those measurements do give you some idea what size to buy!

hope that helps anymore questions feel free to ask!

28-05-2006
Empire State of Mind

Thank you so much for your help and ideas! Now I'm not sure if I want the scooter or lean bean style. I like my jeans fitted and not too casual but I'm definitely too curvy for really skinny jeans. But since the lean bean seems to be in between skinny and straight leg they might be an alternative and the leg opening differs only in one cm. What do you think?

28-05-2006
rising star

the lean beans are great i love this cut and style, its not super skinny like the S&B misfits or any oher drainpipe/skinny jeans. they are versatile, great for casual and going out because of the cut they are also easier to move around in because they stretch! the leans beans sit higher though, they have 21cms rise, so if u dont like midwaisted jeans dont buy them! scooters are more hipsters.

otherwise, id say the lean beans are the way to go! they are excellent and are more forgiving than your standard skinnies! will u be getting them in the worn grey wash?

28-05-2006
Empire State of Mind

Great! I think I'm getting the lean beans then in worn grey. I actually like the fact that they are not hipsters as I don't have slim hips. I can imagine that they are more comfortable then. I just noticed that there is a Tsubi store in NYC now. I'm going there in about a week so I think I will check it out and try them on. That way I know my size. If the jeans are very expensive over there of if they don't have them in stock I will order them from fat4.
Thank you so much. Now I know exactly what I want to do.

28-05-2006
rising star

thats okay im glad i could help!
ive heards tsubis are expensive in NY, so maybe try them on in store, find the right size then order them from fat4???

i cant believe how much they charge for tsubis o/s

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans, ksubi, tsubi