How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-01-2005
scenester

thaaks for reminding me you took it back before I ordered it, isn't it annoying when the item looks good in the picture and you get it and it's totally different from what you expected it to feel or look like.I have problems with sizes as well, I ordered a shirt dress and a tunic in a size UK 6 and they looked like they were a UK 12/14, and I'm not even exagerrating!I wasn't happy.

I to was thinking they must've got inspiration form the chloe pineapple top to when I saw the tank, good thing it's at a snip of the chole price.

01-02-2005
Storm & Sommer

I've been comtemplating getting the Gaultier trenchcoat..but the colour strickes me as dull (I would prefere a warmer sandy colour)... has anybody bought it..and what are your thoughts on it ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg le redote trenchcoat 969se.jpg (17.3 KB, 3 views)

pinterest : hanneonpin
02-02-2005
flaunt the imperfection

hi hanne...
well..i haven't bought it...but i actually like the colour...
i think it will depend on your skin-tone...i find some taupes have a little too much green/yellow in them making my skin look grey-ish...it's a tough colour...

but i like the piece...i like the epaulets on the shoulder and the length...
does it come in blk?...that would be very cute as well and very audrey hepburn...
i imagine it with capri pants and ballet flats...

tres chic....

02-02-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne
I've been comtemplating getting the Gaultier trenchcoat..but the colour strickes me as dull (I would prefere a warmer sandy colour)... has anybody bought it..and what are your thoughts on it ?
I was sent large card pics of the coat so I was trying to analyze it for you!

They call the colour "cream" which I wouldn't agree with - it looks like a light grey or taupe, but I think it's a nice alternative to the usual trench coat colour. The length is nice and the striped back yoke is also good! That's my favourite bit!

Have you noticed how creased the coat is in the photos? there are terrible big lines on the lower half...and I assume the stylist did try to iron/steam it...Makes me wonder if it will be delivered in the poly bag so crushed it will be hard to make look presentable.

02-02-2005
Storm & Sommer

Thank you for your advice Softie and Stilista

This is why I partly HATE ordering things on-line..you can't try, touch or be sure of the colour.. and the back and forth bit is a hassle.
But *sigh* I do feel the need for a nice trenchy

03-02-2005
Procrastinator.

The Gaultier trench is part linen. I imagine that might turn into a wrinkled nightmare.

03-02-2005
windowshopping

boots
hi all! informative thread.

does anyone have any info on these boots?

http://www.us.redoute.com/laredoute/...arent_id=4645&

has anyone bought them? do they look cheap? opinions por favor.

they are an exact replica of a pair i've seen kirten dunst pictured in.

thanks in advance.

03-02-2005
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilista
I was sent large card pics of the coat so I was trying to analyze it for you!

They call the colour "cream" which I wouldn't agree with - it looks like a light grey or taupe, but I think it's a nice alternative to the usual trench coat colour. The length is nice and the striped back yoke is also good! That's my favourite bit!

Have you noticed how creased the coat is in the photos? there are terrible big lines on the lower half...and I assume the stylist did try to iron/steam it...Makes me wonder if it will be delivered in the poly bag so crushed it will be hard to make look presentable.
hey stilista...could you request a sample for a shoot(make-believe)...or is there a showroom there...?

i can't get samples easily because they have to ship from europe...maybe you could check it out ... if you have time...

04-02-2005
scenester

Hi Magatha, I'm getting those boots too but from Topshop as they have a fold over flap at the top that allows you to pull it up over your knee which I quite like.But no I don't think they look cheap-they're lovely, they looked really good on Kirsten too

04-02-2005
Proponent of Plaid

I introduced one of my friends to redoute.com today. She was impressed.

I really like a couple of things...enough so that I am actually considering an order, and I don't buy clothes, especially not from catalogues!

04-02-2005
front row

Oh this site is brilliant!lol! I love La Redoute! I missed the issue when Vanessa Paradis modelled though, anybody have the pictures?

04-02-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by laineybugz
Hi Magatha, I'm getting those boots too but from Topshop as they have a fold over flap at the top that allows you to pull it up over your knee which I quite like.But no I don't think they look cheap-they're lovely, they looked really good on Kirsten too
am responding to your post from a while ago: thanks for the input, lainey! i think i will get those boots.

and i "do" love topshop.

05-02-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
hey stilista...could you request a sample for a shoot(make-believe)...or is there a showroom there...?

i can't get samples easily because they have to ship from europe...maybe you could check it out ... if you have time...
I just saw this! It's quite a coincidence as I'm doing a newspaper thing next week and have requested pieces from Redoute...but I had to give them my sample list on Friday morning for a Tuesday delivery as most of it gets shipped in from France (only a small selection of basics are kept in their UK warehouse)

I wish I'd seen this earlier, I could have easily included it If I'm doing a similar job the following week I'd definitely request one, if Hanne hasn't made up her mind by then!

They don't have a showroom in London - they are run by a huge mail-order firm in the north of England, so anything in stock in the UK comes from there...they do have a London PR firm but I go direct to Redoute's press agent as she's much more helpful.

05-02-2005
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilista
I just saw this! It's quite a coincidence as I'm doing a newspaper thing next week and have requested pieces from Redoute...but I had to give them my sample list on Friday morning for a Tuesday delivery as most of it gets shipped in from France (only a small selection of basics are kept in their UK warehouse)

I wish I'd seen this earlier, I could have easily included it If I'm doing a similar job the following week I'd definitely request one, if Hanne hasn't made up her mind by then!

They don't have a showroom in London - they are run by a huge mail-order firm in the north of England, so anything in stock in the UK comes from there...they do have a London PR firm but I go direct to Redoute's press agent as she's much more helpful.
That would be great stilista!

06-02-2005
Storm & Sommer

No need..I just did a more thorough check of the trench and it has blue stripes on the back..no thanks

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
la, redoute