How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-09-2008
V.I.P.

I have a pair of Alaia leggings, Filene's basement for $25 :p
They are 100% cotton. they are the most comfortable leggings I own but they sag on the knees. They also have the Velcro issue Softgrey was talking about.
Wolford is nice. I love my leggings from them and tights.
I also have a pair from a random brand in Filene's basement. They are of thick knitted wool. They keep me warm in the winter

13-10-2010
backstage pass

What a great post, softgrey! I was wondering what a good mid/high rise legging was and first thing I thought was to come here and do a "leggings" search. So, let's "bump" this thread up and see if we can get some more recommendations!

I am going shopping for leggings this week, and I will report back to you all!

- Leo Buscaglia
04-11-2010
backstage pass

I went shopping for leggings and literally tried on about 10 pair! I found one pair that I love, no sagging, perfect...they are Who Cares by Alisha Levine. I found them at Off Saks, normally $68, but I paid $30.

I also HIGHLY recommend the Pixie pant at J. Crew. It is a bit more structured than a legging, but the same affect, in a gorgeous stretchy fabric. They are so comfortable and have a sexy zipper up the back! I bought a pair in black and literally have worn them non-stop. I think they were about $80.

- Leo Buscaglia
04-11-2012
flaunt the imperfection..

leggings have become a lot more popular and there are a lot more brands and styles out there now so i thought i'd bump this thread...

uniqlo now has leggings/jeans...i guess you could call them jeggings but i prefer not to!...

anyway- they are super inexpensive and seem like a good idea...
my only issue is that they are still not totally tight on me because my legs are so narrow...

i'm thinking of going back to danskin...
i really haven't found anything else that is as good...

04-11-2012
front row

I have mixed feelings about the Uniqlo jeggings. They are my go to airplane and early morning class pants but they get saggy in the crotch area and by the end of the day I feel like I am hiking them up every 5 seconds. Maybe I should have sized down? They do make my butt look cute though.

My go to leggings are by One Step Ahead. They are thicker weight and high waisted (although I can fold the band over if necessary) and they stay in place like a second skin. They are meant for activity but they don't look like exercise pants. My favourite pair is just starting to pill a bit after two years. I have the regular and the capri styles and love them both.

I need a cheap pair to tide me over before I go back to the states. Does anyone have any opinions on H&M vs American Apparel?

ok- that means i am returning the uniqlo leggings i just got...

i was going to get them altered to fit, but if they stretch and sag, that means the fabric is a problem, so the fit will never fix that...

thanks so much for the feedback sidda...

12-11-2012
V.I.P.

^ I have a pair and I dont exactly have thin legs & they are baggy on me & then sag through out the day..the fabric is very odd doesnt keep its shape at all..by end of day crotch dropped and baggy knees & all twisted..not a good look!!

08-12-2012

thank snowqueen...i returned all the uniqlo leggings...
:p

so-
if anyone cares...
i figured out what i need to get...
ponte leggings...
if anyone can recommend a brand?...

i have ponte pants that i live in and i just need to find a good pair of leggings in the same material and it seems a good number of brands and varying pricepoints are making them now...
i don't think they need to be expensive because ponte is all the same and i don't want anything low waisted, which trendy brands tend to be...

leather leggings would be great...
but at an average of $1,000 a pair, i just don't think i would wear them enough to justify the pricetag...
plus, i haven't found a pair of leather leggings that is really comfortable on me...
i'm pretty annoyed that the mmm x hm leather leggings didn't work out actually...

i've got a pair of pleather and lycra leggings that i guess are fine...
at least they satisfy my leather legging craving enough to keep me happy for now...

Last edited by softgrey; 08-12-2012 at 12:27 PM.
10-01-2013

found...
*now i can check that off my list...

10-01-2013
Swim Upstream

ok - none of you mentioned the length of the leggings. For me thats the very most important thing...I like leggings to be super long so that they come as low as possible on the ankle. I even like them when they bunch up on the ankle. Like those leggings pakistani women wear under their shalwar kameez.

The only ones i have found that work for me are by Vanessa Bruno and Isabel Marant.....and i'm sure both are a wool/cotton mix - they have an almost sheer quality. I have a wolford pair too but i find them too tight....like tights. so i may as well just wear tights.

I really don't like super tight cotton leggings with lycra esp when they are cropped.

15-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by helena View Post
ok - none of you mentioned the length of the leggings. For me thats the very most important thing...I like leggings to be super long so that they come as low as possible on the ankle. I even like them when they bunch up on the ankle. Like those leggings pakistani women wear under their shalwar kameez.

The only ones i have found that work for me are by Vanessa Bruno and Isabel Marant.....and i'm sure both are a wool/cotton mix - they have an almost sheer quality. I have a wolford pair too but i find them too tight....like tights. so i may as well just wear tights.

I really don't like super tight cotton leggings with lycra esp when they are cropped.
i like different lengths for different purposes...
i like the ones like you describe and have a few pairs like that but i hardly ever wear them...probably because i don't wear ballet flats so much and that is what i think looks best with those kinds of leggings...

i wear boots most often...
so you don't even see the length unless it's summer time...
and then it gets too hot here for anything like leggings...
only loose clothing works...

in spring though, i like the ones that you hate-
cotton lycra and cropped to capri length...

for winter- i'm going with the ponte ones for the sake of warmth...

leggings and a big long top is one of my fave things to wear---
in and out of the house...
comfy comfy comfy...

i wear them rather than jeans, which you know i don't like so much...

Last edited by softgrey; 15-01-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
leggings, shopping