How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-08-2009
front row

The big Loehmann's in downtown Chicago has a terrible men's department. There is only one dressing room which remains locked. You have to begrudgingly retrieve a SA to unlock it. Their selection hardly ever changes. They have a lot of Juicy Couture, Converse by John Varvatos, DKNY, Buffalo Jeans, Paper Denim, some Diesel, some Helmut Lang.

30-08-2009
tfs star

The Loehmann's that I normally go to seems like it has gotten worse over the past few seasons. Last summer I remember finding really nice things there but lately it's very non-designer and nothing spectacularly cute and no "must have" items. I wonder if some companies have started making less product/quantities because of the economy so there isn't as much high end "leftover" or "overstock" items to go to the discount stores. I've also noticed more department stores having lower sale/clearance prices than usual the past few seasons.

02-09-2009
girl who fell to earth

the loehmanns near me isn't as good as it used to be either...
the cards they send to my house advertise marc by marc jacobs but when i went into the store i didn't see anything...

sunglasses selection was also a bit on the lower end when i stopped in to return something the other day.

jeans selection looks ok thoough...
i bought a pair of black hudson jeans there a week or so ago...

05-02-2010
trendsetter

My mother said she had heard that the buyer at the location near to her had left, and the quality of the goods has taken a real nosedive in the last 2 years or so. I was able to find incredible finds there, including the bags and the clothing brands were varied and very good (even more off the beat ones like Sinha Stanic). All I see lately are ripped, dirty JPG and lots of Theory. Sad. It used to be a great store, but the Backroom has really taken a hit in terms of quality pieces.

06-02-2010
tfs star

^ I know, the backroom seems to be nothing special anymore. It's really sad because I always thought Loehmann's was a fantastic store but now it seems so hit or miss. I think Nordstrom Rack and TJ's has better things. Loehy's also doesn't seem as busy at it used to be, I hope they don't start closing stores.

09-02-2010
V.I.P.

the back room use to be filled with treasures i still wear. i have very fond memories of going with my mom years ago and i would sneak into the back room since she would never let me browse there. i would come back with beautiful things marked down more than on the floor. oh, lucky you she would say...

09-02-2010
girl who fell to earth

^^those were the good old days..
every time i see this thread updated i want to go to loehmanns but i haven't really found any treasures there for a while now..

unfortunately

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
loehmanns