How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-02-2004
Proponent of Plaid

I need a new bra or two. I simply detest the bras I have (Lily of France from Dillards). They have an itchy mesh over the underwires and they are so densely and stiffly padded that it is like wearing a false pair of boobs. I literally feel like I am following my tits around when wearing these bras, and it ruins the line of most of my clothes, which I made specifically with my 33B figure in mind (many blouses were fitted over an older bra that finally completely wore out last summer).

I made a couple of attempts at bra shopping recently, and just can't seem to find anything like what I want. My old bra that I really liked was from Hanes Her Way, and it was "lightly lined" and an underwire model, though I would be happy enough with a non-underwire bra. Support is not a big issue as my breasts are fairly small and not especially jiggly.

My main concern is that it not be padded (a thin layer of interfacing or batting is fine, to combat nipplage, but I don't want The Girls augemented by a stand-alone armour of unyeilding polyester fibrefill). Secondary concerns are smooth fabric finish with little or no trim.

I'm a really common size...34B (actually 33B, but I just put tucks in the band right in front of the fasteners) so that's not so much a problem. It is finding something simple and non-padded at a reasonable price that I am more interested in.

So, anyone have any great favorites?

14-02-2004
front row

Last time I went bra shopping I saw a line of bras called (I could be wrong) Shape. They didn't have my size but my sister bought one and she says it's very comfortable.

17-02-2004
windowshopping

Many of the bras at La Senza fit that description perfectly.

17-02-2004
flaunt the imperfection

in terms of price-no padding- (I'm with you-I don't have fake boobs and I think padded bras make me look like I do )- I prefer a natural look...and easily available-I recommend Warner's. they are reasonable, good quality and fit well-you will have to find a style which works best for your figure.

My fave of the dept store brands...

17-02-2004
offline.

I always have a problem finding my cup size in lightly lined bras... the only place I could find any were at Victoria's secret. their Body by Victoria line.

19-02-2004
rising star

I LOOOVE GapBody bras! Their panties don't fit me so well (I have a flat ***) but their bras are fantastic! The smooth tshirt bra is my favorite, and is now only $29(US)

Also, their sports bra is the best I've ever owned, way better than any sports brand.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bra.jpg (6.4 KB, 3 views)

22-02-2004
rising star

I got a plain, unlined, full coverage bra from Victoria's Secret about a month ago. I picked it off a rack near the registers. I got mine in orange and it retailed for about $16.

22-02-2004
Proponent of Plaid

Wow, thanks for all of the suggestions. I didn't used to like Victoria's Secret, due to overtrimming and over-padding, but maybe they have changed their stuff in recent years. I've never even looked at GAP Body, because I don't care for most of GAP's regular clothes, but if they have plain, simple bras in reasonable styles at affordable prices, I shall suck it up and check it out.

Now if I can prevent the Crazy Perfume Ambush Ladies from attacking me, it will all be good.

trendsetter

I hate bras. Especially in summer. I seem to have several padded bras lying around though, which would futher aggitate the situation. Shopping for bras is such a hassle.

I just saw this bra in a VS ad, and it looks really comfortable. It also seems slimming. Has anyone ever tried it on? Or atleast tell me if I can find the same style from somewhere else.

(victoriassecret.com)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg V257833.jpg (49.2 KB, 1 views)

23-08-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

My mom does the no underwire, no padding thing... and she loves one of Victoria's Secrets new bras.. not sure which one it is... but they have on with no wire OR padding.

23-08-2006
flaunt the imperfection

pavement....that vs bra looks like exactly what i am looking for!...
thanks for posting!..

23-08-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

pavement - softgrey -

I have that VS bra. I'm a 34B... sometimes fluctuating to a 34C... and I don't like that bra. It doesn't have enough support. But if you have smaller busts. it's going to look fantastic.

23-08-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

I was just going to post that erin. To have a triangle bra like that, you really cannot be over a 34 or 36 B. possibly even smaller.

23-08-2006
trendsetter

Well that's no good then. I'm like a C cup. I hate bras more now.

23-08-2006
God Save McQueen

at victorias secret, they have all the bras in dressing room so you can just try them on and see what you like before looking on the floor. i dunno, i like the body and secret embrace ones. im not for frilly lace and too much padding either

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bra, nonpadded, plain, simple