How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-09-2010
fashion icon

Oh it looks really cute so far! I was deliberating over it, then it sold out. How are you planning to wear the dress? I love the Alexa Chung x Madewell dresses but I'm fearing they may be a bit girly for me.

19-09-2010
earthbound

I'm planning to wear it with floral lace tights and black leather ballet flats. It's already quite cold in Canada so I can't wear it barelegged!

19-09-2010
flaunt the imperfection

i just love their website and all their styling...

20-09-2010
fashion icon

I love the styling on the website too - I've actually gotten a few outfits ideas just by looking at some of their images that can help me wear what I already own in a different way.

06-10-2010
front row

got this skirt in the mail today (in a 0) and it was about a million sizes too big.. sending it back; bit gutted as it's so pretty i think

madewell.com

windowshopping

i just received a cardigan, and a few tees i ordered online. I got the xs and they are MASSIVE!! So sad!

09-10-2010
catch me if you can

How is the quality of their shoes? There is a pair of boots I am thinking about buying!

tfs star

The looks on the site are really good, great pics, great ideas, great pictures. Saved many as inspiration board.

31-10-2010
windowshopping

Eh I was there a few days ago, and I was super excited about it as I've followed the website and this thread and seen some really cute stuff, but it was so disappointing! Idk if they have more than one shop in NYC, I was in the one on the street in soho that Topshop is on... :/

31-10-2010
earthbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveCouture View Post
How is the quality of their shoes? There is a pair of boots I am thinking about buying!
Oh it's been a while you've written this post, but I tried on a few of their boots and I think most of them are made of real leather, because they were really comfortable and sturdy (more in the solid than stiff way).

I had to pass them up because they were a bit out of my budget (I was only in NY for fun so I had lots to spend elsewhere) but if you have the money, I think you should go for them!

31-10-2010
front row

Also, the boots run a size too big. Just got the buckle motorcycle boots and love them. I'm glad I waited until I could try them on in the store b/c all of the boots I tried on ran really big.

24-12-2010
fashion icon

Finally went to the Soho store and another one in LA. Cute stuff but so overpriced. The shoes looked like they were great quality though. One of the sales assistants was wearing boots that she said will be coming in store in a few weeks time - lace up boots with a wedge and buckles. She said they're cut slightly big and to go a size down. I'm waiting for them to appear online, they were so cute.

25-12-2010
front row

^Shoe quality there is great, but the store is definitely overpriced. If you get on their email list you can keep abreast of the sales . . . I really only think that their clothes are worth the money when they're marked way down.

Riot Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey View Post
i just love their website and all their styling...
Same here, I love their combinations to put up their own clothes... & Alexa Chung collection was great... (& its gonna be another one according to Alexa Chung topic... surely i would love several things).

Every time I fancy something it gets sold out so quickly!!! but anyway do they have shipping to Europe?

fashion icon

They don't ship internationally But when I do buy off there (rarely) I just use a mail forwarder.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
madewell