How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-03-2011
Riot Bug

I like to purchase thing online. I think its totally from "the past" they don't ship internationally!! It can be a marketing strategy but in a global net we are all in its almost ridiculous!!!

17-03-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediewho View Post
I like to purchase thing online. I think its totally from "the past" they don't ship internationally!! It can be a marketing strategy but in a global net we are all in its almost ridiculous!!!
I buy most of my Madewell stuff off Ebay, some of it is gently used, but it costs a bit less that way too. I love the style of a lot of Madewell items but generally I think for what it is, it's too expensive. There's always proxy shipping though.

26-03-2011
Riot Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphine View Post
I buy most of my Madewell stuff off Ebay, some of it is gently used, but it costs a bit less that way too. I love the style of a lot of Madewell items but generally I think for what it is, it's too expensive. There's always proxy shipping though.
You mean quality + prize = overpricing?
Anyway I think their commercial policy still obsolete despite I love their products...
yeah prob ebay its not a bad choice for us who live out of the States but the brand here loses and we gotta be like fishing clothes or so...

trendsetter

It's not overpriced, it's just not for my budget.

29-03-2011
Riot Bug

^I checked some on Ebay... like some people really bought whole collections from Alexa's one to make profit from it...yuk! I still loving one of the dresses... but i think i am getting scammed instead of getting a bargain its like way overpriced cause it went sold out in a single day...
I never got any Madewell product on my hands so I dunno what quality I am supposed to be paying for... you know what I mean...

trendsetter

It is really nice clothing, if you've ever bough Jcrew, similar as far as level of quality in my opinion, though it is in the domain of the $30 tee shirt, which is something I don't do. I make it in to the Madewell store once or twice a year and shop the sale rack, that's where the deals are. The materials are nice, everything is cotton, silk, leather, etc. Great shoes and jewelry as well. Sizing is similar to Jcrew also, things seem to run large to me.

29-03-2011
trendsetter

Madewell - the first sign of spring

http://jcrewaficionada.blogspot.com/

29-03-2011
tfs star

got these shiny shorts and the saint james sailor top, so excited for spring.
madewell.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg server.jpg (22.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg server-1.jpg (18.5 KB, 0 views)

29-03-2011
trendsetter

Cute! I want the Sailor Top. Maybe I will have to add that to my spring must have list.

30-03-2011
Riot Bug

^ dauphine thanks for the info (still I never shopped at JCrew either but I got an idea anyway...)

Last edited by ediewho; 30-03-2011 at 06:28 AM.
30-03-2011
front row

Love the striped tops from Madewell! Very classic but I like that they added a twist with a bit of vertical striping.

trendsetter

Madewell's fall looks, from NYmag's Cutblog.

[IMG]

I'm enthusiastic about it. Everything except the flares, which is a matter of personal opinion. This is why I love Madewell. The pieces just mesh so well with items I already own, and it all looks go great, but not in a contrived or overly trendy way. It's basically my closet, but better.

17-04-2011
trendsetter

Has anyone purchased their jeans before? I'm interested in a review of quality and also sizing - i.e. do they run large or small?

18-04-2011
trendsetter

They've ran small on me mostly, I think the fit is similar to Urban Outfitters, their slimmer cuts are very very skinny. I have a friend who is a 24, and she swears by them though. Says they fit her great.

25-04-2011
trendsetter

"Three years after opening its always-packed Soho store, J.Crew’s younger, jeans-obsessed sister Madewell unveils its largest outpost yet on Tuesday in the Flatiron (115 Fifth Ave., at 19th St.; 212-228-5172). For the next two weeks, the store will house a “Hometown Heroes” shop-within-a-shop, selling merchandise from more than a dozen local indie designers like Erie Basin, Top Hat, Bowery Lane Bicycles, and Other Music, in addition to the house line of colorful jorts, silky tanks, jute wedges, and bikinis."

nymag.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
madewell