How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-09-2010
fashion icon

Madewell
I thought I should start this thread up, especially in the wake of the Alexa Chung collection :p So has anyone bought any Madewell pieces recently?

I just bought the cable knit jumper from the Alexa Chung collection and the Saint James Meridien top in blue.

11-09-2010
V.I.P.

i heard there was a special alexa chung for madewell thread but it appears not..i wish that we had this store in the uk anyway!!

front row

i bought the black velvet tennessee dress from the alexa chung collection! it shipped out yesterday..really hoping it fits argh

backstage pass

Last month I purchased one of their tan suede biker jackets in a shopbop sale. It fits so well and seems to be holding up nicely.

11-09-2010
front row

there's a thread for this collab in the designers & collections thread <3

i wanted the tennessee velvet dress with the peter pan collar, but i couldn't justify the expense. $200 for a dress that's too short to wear to work just isn't in my budget. i'd love to see someone model it though!

12-09-2010
fashion icon

I thought this could be more of a Shopping related thread about Madewell overall, the other thread seems to be more about the Alexa Chung collection itself and less about well, purchasing the pieces.

My order didn't go through in time so I wasn't able to get my hands on the Aimee knit I hope they get restocked online.

12-09-2010
tfs star

I'm so annoyed that they don't ship to Europe...I'd spend a fortune on their clothes!

12-09-2010
windowshopping

they were out of one of the dresses I wanted at 4am the day it started and then other pieces were sold out in my size so I'll just have to wait.

12-09-2010
Meg
inspired contemplation

I know most of the focus here is on purchasing the Alexa Chung collection but you can get some Madewell items through Shopbop (and they ship internationally) and J.Crew sometimes stocks their pieces as it's owned by the same group

13-09-2010
fashion icon

I was hoping this can be about Madewell over all I guess the Alexa Chung was more like an impetus though.

Shopbop I think present the Madewell pieces pretty well, and they're great at international shipping.

13-09-2010
tfs star

Ohhh...thanks guys. I didn't care about the Alexa Chung pieces. Next months I'll try to order 1,2 shirts over Shopbop!

13-09-2010
front row

hahah i actually skipped my last class of the day so i could be sure that i'd be here to sign for my package.. i was a bit worried that the dress (black velvet tennessee) wouldn't fit right, since i usually hate dresses with the elasticized waist and i wasnt sure what size to get (i got a 0 and it's a little big in the waist actually), but omg it is perfect! it seems like it's good quality and is a decent length and all that too.

tfs star

Yay for you :-))) can you pllllease post a picture?

18-09-2010
fashion icon

Does anyone know what the Madewell sizing is like? Or for particular items - I'm after the Saint James Meridien top.

And yes, pics please!

18-09-2010
earthbound

The Madewell sizing I find usually true to size when it comes to tops, especially their V-neck t-shirts. I haven't tried their bottoms! The Tennessee dress is really soft and easy to put on because of its (hidden) elastic waistband. I ordered more pieces for which I'll post pictures later.

my photo

Last edited by La bordélique; 18-09-2010 at 08:04 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
madewell