Marc Jacobs Sales - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
29-09-2004
V.I.P.

Does anyone know when Marc Jacobs stores have their sales for their fall/winter collection (handbags)? Do they have a sale near Christmas & then an end of season sale? What % off do you usually get for a regular holiday sale & then an end of season sale?

Also does anyone know when Neiman Marcus might have MJ bags on sale from fall/winter season?

Thanks.

29-09-2004
fashion elite

MJ stores only really started discounting bags majorly the last couple of seasons. They put a some clasic (stella, venetia, etc.) in seasonal colors on sale, but then quickly marked them back up when they saw the responce that people had. For fall most stuff won't likely be marked down until december/januaryish. But I believe that this year it will only be seasonal styles (nothing with a the classic double-pushlock and zipper front). I don't know about Neiman's et al, but I think they are more likely to mark stuff down.

V.I.P.

When they go on sale in Dec or Jan... do you know how much they are marked down?

I think the bag I want might be seasonal. Its just new this season... its not a Stella or any of those bags that have the pockets on the front or anything like that. It costs $895 which is a bit steep for me lol thats why Im hoping for a sale on it.

Thanks for your help.

29-09-2004
flaunt the imperfection

might get marked down dec or jan...roughly 30-40%

29-09-2004
backstage pass

The MJ stores had a huge sale this past summer. Up to 70% off. The stores were overwelmed and took awhile to ship some bags, but word spread fast and I think the MJ stores had to end the promotion because dept. stores complained as people were trying to get price matches. My sister loves those bags and was telling me about how she scored two at 70% off. Of course the seasonal bags/colors are usually easier to find on sale, but I do recall her saying that the even some of the classic bags were marked down.

Neiman Marcus may be another good source.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jacobs, marc, sales