How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-04-2008
Geometric Discharge

Massimo Dutti
Heya guys, i've just been looking at the Massimo Dutti website and thought it looks tres awesome, I wanted to know if any of you had bought anything there yourself?
Also, does anyone know where you can buy Massimo Dutti online?

(www.massimodutti.com)

08-04-2008
scenester

It is a great store, it is part of the Inditex group,, as Zara and Bershka, but this label is like the "high quality" brand of the group, so for the quality theya have it has a great price, at least in Spain, where it comes from.

08-04-2008
Aby
V.I.P.

The MD designs are as always "inspired" by luxury brands but moderately trendy.

I guess it's supposed to target a more mature consumer. The prices are a little high but the quality is better than Zara imo.

Like Zara, I don't think you can get MD items online, no e-sop yet.

08-04-2008
scenester

Yes, the quality is much better than Zara, and they have beautiful leather jackets!

V.I.P.

a spanish colleague raved about Massimo Dutti. i wanna try it out. since they're expanding Zara worldwide, i think they should expand Massimo Dutti in Europe too...

08-04-2008
fashion insider

Massimo Dutti has lots of shops in Europe, I actually thought they had at least one in Every European country.
I buy loads and loads of things in Massimo Dutti, it's my favorite High street store, Back in Portugal there is one in every street corner, but they have a bunch of stores here in London too. It's not cheap but it's worth it. I agree with Abby it is directed to a more mature client, they even have a tailoring service for men(it started as a men's store) But I guess it depends on the way we decide to combine the pieces with other labels.

08-04-2008
V.I.P.

actually, i checked on their website (horrible. white text on white background. *smack forehead*)

London's got one (1!) store on Regent Street. Germany got 3, and no, Berlin, the capital, doesn't have one.

and when i'm talking about Europe, i'm talking about places relevant to me (that means, Vienna, Austria lol).

and their tailored stuff seems cheap too! 450 Euros for a custom suit? sounds good to me!

08-04-2008
Geometric Discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
Massimo Dutti has lots of shops in Europe, I actually thought they had at least one in Every European country.
I buy loads and loads of things in Massimo Dutti, it's my favorite High street store, Back in Portugal there is one in every street corner, but they have a bunch of stores here in London too. It's not cheap but it's worth it. I agree with Abby it is directed to a more mature client, they even have a tailoring service for men(it started as a men's store) But I guess it depends on the way we decide to combine the pieces with other labels.
How do you mean not cheap? How much would you say like a mans jumper would cost?

08-04-2008
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying Diamonds View Post
How do you mean not cheap? How much would you say like a mans jumper would cost?
I say not cheap compared to Zara but it's still an high street store, A man's shirt costs around 50Euros to 60Euros, a man's jumper around 75Euros.
The last dress I bought in there costed 99 euros. it's everything around those prices, a little bit less a bit more.

London has got 3 stores that I know of Regent street, Knightsbridge, and High street Kensington. Probably it has even more.

09-04-2008
fashion icon

I really like Massimo Dutti. The quality is great and the price is alright.

As someone mentioned earlier it's like an "expensive" and more conservative Zara, but still very much chain store prices.

I introduced my dad to it even, and he loves their jeans and shirts - he was really impressed! :p

09-04-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_a_Licious View Post
actually, i checked on their website (horrible. white text on white background. *smack forehead*)

London's got one (1!) store on Regent Street. Germany got 3, and no, Berlin, the capital, doesn't have one.

and when i'm talking about Europe, i'm talking about places relevant to me (that means, Vienna, Austria lol).

and their tailored stuff seems cheap too! 450 Euros for a custom suit? sounds good to me!
I'm pretty sure London has more than one now, I've seen the Regent St one and another near Knightsbridge.
Other cities/ counties near London have MD stores too

10-04-2008
Aby
V.I.P.

^Inditex brands' websites are not often updated which is quite foolish for such an important and worldwide group!

For example, a new Zara Home opened recently in Paris but it's not even mentioned...

So I wouldn't count on that source to get reliable and up-to-date info about MD or any other brands from that group.

18-04-2008
tfs star

I think there's more than one in london, in italy there's one in Milan in the galleria and one in florence across the street from Miu

fashion icon

the construction of their bags are simply mesmerizing!

scenester

I cant believe not more people like this store. I think its great for its relation price-quality, and has very nice shoes and bags, and now its on sale, many items have a 50% off.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dutti, massimo