How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-05-2005
rising star

Matthew Williamson Maxi skirt alternatives?

Hey everyone! I love this convertible skirt by Matthew Williamson, but it is sold out at Net-a porter (which is also the credit for the photograph). Does anyone know any places selling a product similar to this? Or, has anyone seen his skirt in a store in the US? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

11-05-2005
front row

No, I can't help you, but that is BEAUTIFUL. I've seen plain skirts like that - maybe someone else will find a more detailed similar skirt.

(And you really shouldn't hotlink - use the attachment function or use your own photo hosting site like photobucket.)

11-05-2005
rising star

Well, thanks for the input! I agree, it is exquisite. I managed to find it locally, but not in that gorgeous turquoise. I think I'm going to hold out and see if anytthing turns up in the next week. Just out of curiosity, why should I not hotlink? This was the only way I knew how to do it.

Last edited by valerie1115; 11-05-2005 at 08:52 PM.
11-05-2005
Of too many minds

I guess you will lose this picture if NAP takes it off their website when you hotlink, and it will be harder for the other posters to understand you when they read your post later

I fell in love with that MW skirt too but NAP didn't have it in my size.
I managed to find another maxi skirt in the same shade of turquoise in a thrift store, but without the beading. Cost me about USD$15 only!!

I'm sorry I can't think of any website/store with this shade and type of skirt.

Good luck! I hope you net your self one!

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
12-05-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie1115
why should I not hotlink? This was the only way I knew how to do it.
Hi, Valerie!

Agreed, very nice skirt! As to the hotlinking, it's considered bad practice b/c it takes up bandwidth of the site that hosts the photo and bandwidth is expensive. It's just a courtesy thing

Instead, you can usually right click on photos on the web and choose the "Save as" function to save it to your desktop. Then you can attach it to your post via the attachments function (directions in the membership guidelines) or you can use an image hosting service such as www.imageshack.us. Hope this helps! Welcome to tFS, by the way

12-05-2005
rising star

Thanks to both of you for the explanation! I will definitely do it as an attachment next time. I had no idea...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alternatives, matthew, maxi, skirt, williamson