How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-05-2006
backstage pass

Men's Vintage Inspired Tees Tops?
Does anyone know any good designers that carry shirts like these:

Photo Credit: Men.Style.com

04-05-2006
scenester

*bump* I would also like to know who makes shirts in these type of cuts.. (or just loose fit or loose neck) I've only seen expensive brands like material boy and selvedge.

05-05-2006
backstage pass

just grab some scissors, take one of your t-shirts and go at it.

06-05-2006
Yes, please

Right now there are two lines I can think of that are making tees similar to those you posted, because I've been hunting down the exact same things myself.

1) Rick Owens makes some very soft, worn-looking and extremely thin tees that have that look, but at the same time look somewhat new still. Unfortunately, his prices aren't cheap: a simple tee at Atelier goes for $225 (I just tried it on today).

2) The Paul Smith store in NYC has a line called Selvedge which I think is made in Australia. I bought one for $95 and it has a wide scooped neckline with a rough edge but a fairly decent slim but easy fit otherwise, not unlike the pic you got from men.style.com. If you and I are responding to the same thing, it's the look of a cotton tee that has been used so mucht hat the fabric has gotten thin, which is the look of these tees. Unfortunately they only have it in a mottled blue or green (like a teeshirt that was dumped in some dye and unevenly colored). I took a pic but can't find my cable to download it to my computer. I'll post it online when I get the chance. But you can call the store in NYC (check the website for the number) if you want to ask them about it.

Hope that helps.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
inspired, men, tees, tops, vintage