How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-12-2005
windowshopping

Moncler
Hi guys, my first posting here so do be gentle.

Just wondering if anyone's got a clue whether any stores in London stock Moncler jackets for men? I know Dover Street Market has a couple of limited edition puffers but I'm pretty sure their prices are gonna send my knees a-shakin'...

Also a side note - I'm glad to be on this forum, you guys seem knowledgeable about the stuff and it's great for me to be learning!

13-12-2005
V.I.P.

Well, Moncler prices are not for the faint of heart to begin with. I don't know where direct you to exactly, but department stores that cater to upscale but conservative clients should definitely have them. Stores like Bergdorf Goodman and Barneys have them here, so maybe try Liberty or Harvy Nicks or Harrods or something like that.

13-12-2005
fashion icon

Just wondering, what exactly is it about Moncler jackets that set them apart from the rest of the puffy down jacket industry (both price and quality wise i guess is what I'm asking)?

Out of all the collabs I've seen with Moncler this season (Balenciaga, Junya, Y's by Yohji), I have to say I like the Y's X Moncler jackets the best.

13-12-2005
follow the lights

The CDG x Moncler ones were quite nice too... not that i would wear any puffy jackets myself

13-12-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
Just wondering, what exactly is it about Moncler jackets that set them apart from the rest of the puffy down jacket industry (both price and quality wise i guess is what I'm asking)?
Same thing that sets a Kiton jacket apart from a Banana Republic one would be my guess.

13-12-2005
kLm
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
Same thing that sets a Kiton jacket apart from a Banana Republic one would be my guess.
maybe... but if I was looking for warmth, from the Moncler jackets I've seen I'd go a different direction. But I haven't worn one out in the cold, so...

13-12-2005
windowshopping

Yeah I know puffers usually garner a whole range of responses from people... But I'll be off to -10 degree weather in Bavaria in a couple of weeks and honestly I don't think my Calvin Klein field jacket will hold up to that even though it was ok for Poland last month...

If anyone's got any better ideas other than Moncler, sure would appreciate it!

13-12-2005
slightly dizzy

I have a Moncler jacket and it's one of the best down jackets I've ever had! It's very light and voluminous and not the least bit stiff like some other brands, both cheap and expensive. The down is excellent. And it's very, very warm! Love it!

And there are all kinds of Moncler, from the "gentrified" to trendy. They've collaborated with Corso Como 10 as well, to add to the ones mentioned above.

Edit: Welcome to tFS, ithaka!

Last edited by tott; 13-12-2005 at 03:23 PM.
26-08-2006
backstage pass

I'm interested in buying a jacket cos winter's approaching... do you know where the prices are lowest? (countrywise) and how much do you have to pay for a basic down jacket, going down to the waist? (I've seen some today for 365€, can it get lower or is it pretty low anyway?)

Besides the price, any more infos on the quality? I tend to freeze in winter... so right now I think Moncler is the best bet. How long does one jacket hold up with normal use?

28-10-2006
backstage pass

I finally got the Viennois style in black but temperatures aren't low enough yet. Another option would be Canada Goose, less stylish and heavier, but used at polar expeditions... and surely cheaper to buy in the US than Moncler in the US and viceversa

03-12-2006
scenester

hey guys..i've been meaning to get a moncler jacket for a while...am heading to ny this winter..can anyone suggests where to go for a larger selection?? thank you

03-12-2006
V.I.P.

The Bloomies in SoHo has a nice selection of Moncler puffers that arent puffy, Im considering one, but Ill wait until it's frigid before I get a puffer.

04-12-2006
V.I.P.

oh good subject.
am looking for mens MONCLER in London. Harrods had a lousy selection last time.

btw, the puffy ones

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
04-12-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

I was just going to suggest Harrods Leyla. I don't think selfridges carry Moncler but they might. I HATE the way harrods lays everything out - it's terrible, it's all just lumped together and you get no feel for the pieces. But then again, I don't really like harrods at all.

04-12-2006
windowshopping

Dover Street Market basement - plenty of Junya Watanabe collaborations with Moncler -- mostly in camoflage/military style... although they do have some other kinds as well. Harrods seems to be an old-school emporium the more I go into it... dunno why.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
moncler