How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-01-2005
trendsetter

FTB, the suits are good quality - but better can be had for $2100.
Thats it, on sale its much more reasonable.

Last edited by raijin; 09-01-2005 at 10:20 PM.

09-01-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by raijin
FTB, the suits are good quality - but better can be had for $2100.
Thats it, on sale its much more reasonable.
Yeah I guess you are right. I bought mine on sale, so I think it was worth the price I paid for it

10-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionn26
Hi Albert,

We are definitely in the same boat here... I did add up my calculation what I have spent in the past 1 year in excel(yeah I am a control freak!) and it added up like $5K... soooooooooo crazy...

but I have a different mentality with the way money spent.. I do agree that it sounds crazy when you add up all the values together.. but my perspective is that I would rather spend $300 on a cloth that will last me at least a year... whereas a $300 air-ticket is only a one time thing and for 12 hours max not as longer lasting I would say!!!LO

BUT yes.. so much nicer to travel than to have all the clothes in your wardrobe.. and it will just become a drag when you have to move...
Haha, I can understand it both ways. I won't stop spending money on clothes, just sort of allocate funds towards other things as well. I've been pretty rabid at purchases lately (all good of course!) but there are other things that are just as worthy of cash.

Moving will definitely be a pain hahaha!

Cheers,
Albert

11-01-2005
trendsetter

My most expensive single purchase ever was for a limited edition (9 pieces only) Marc Jacobs sable coat that I bought a few years ago. As for the price, let's just say it was slightly more expensive than my birkin. But I love the coat so much and look forward to winter only so I can wear it. It goes with everything. I have no regrets buying the coat.

11-01-2005
fashion insider

690 Euro for the Louis Vuitton Douville BeautyCase

11-01-2005
flaunt the imperfection

tai tai and heroin cic...those are some serious purchases...

12-01-2005
about to fall or fly

my boyfriend and i are pretty good at finding really expensive things on the cheap...brand new men's prada ankle boots for $5, brand new madden boots for $8, new seven jeans for $40, tons of jackets and coats for less than $100. i don't think i've spent full price on anything ever. needless to say, a musician and a photographer don't have the resources to drop 3 grand on a pair of shoes or a handbag. what a nice life, though.

13-01-2005
windowshopping

i would never buy anything so extravigant, i wouldnt get chance to wear it, so i try to stick to casual clothes. my clothes usually set me back 100-150 a piece. my wardrobe is worth atleast 5000 id say. not bad for a student bum, heh.

13-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
What are you doing up at this time? Shouldn't you be in bed?

16-01-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
Yes but softgrey it is really beautiful and I wear it almost every day during winter. The cut is perfect on me. I've been asked if it was a custom made coat because it falls on me like no other coat ever has! Winter can be so depressing and this helps cheer me up. So good investment, yes?

16-01-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taitai
So good investment, yes?
Sounds like it to me.

17-01-2005
scenester

probably my marc jacobs lovely ladylike 1950's-esque black coctail dress that i bought f/w 2002. It was 975 and i never wore it. it was a little big when i bought it but i figured i could have it taken in at the waiste a bit. then i lost about 20lbs. Its now so big that i couldn't wear it if i wanted to and to try to tailor it from a size 10 to a 4 would be rediclous. i keep thinking i should try to sell it but for some reason i hold onto it...maybe sentimental value?

shoes: around 300-ish one several pairs of prada shoes (snakers and maryjanes)...i don't regret it

belt: $250 on a white leather prada belt...i feel like an idiot paying so much for something so trendy. it's white so i almost never wear it

i have a few 3-400 dollar TSE cashmere sweaters, and a lot of pieces in the 2-400$ range from nannette lepore, rebecca taylor, and tracy reese.

and while i haven't bought it yet, i'm begging my daddy for an 8,500$ ferretti wedding dress.

17-01-2005
scenester

I had some custom silk and wool suits made when I was in Hong Kong. I think those were around $700 each.

I bought a pair of Oscar Leopold leather pants for $599. Never wore them. I'm debating whether I should try and sell them on Ebay.

Last edited by Jenny5150; 17-01-2005 at 04:51 PM.
17-01-2005
Seductress in Eden

my car

17-01-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taitai
My most expensive single purchase ever was for a limited edition (9 pieces only) Marc Jacobs sable coat that I bought a few years ago. As for the price, let's just say it was slightly more expensive than my birkin. But I love the coat so much and look forward to winter only so I can wear it. It goes with everything. I have no regrets buying the coat.
a sable coat for slightly more than a birkin...that doesnt seem like such an awful price lucky you!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
item, single, spent