How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-01-2005
windowshopping

Seeing as how I live in Michigan, and Michigan is far from NY or anywhere else that has designer clothing for that matter. All I have is

$120 or so jeans from this little expensive store called Impulse. Big Star I think the brand is. I don't care. But they're extremely comfortable
$180 suede boots that I wore once and I really should get rid of since the heels make me almost 6 feet tall . . .
$130 cashmere sweater. Yes, I hopped on the Abercrombie and Fitch "Ezra Fitch" line bandwagon and bought one . .

But I am still 15 and still young and I still hopefully have time to make my "millions" and buy tons of designer clothes.
. . . I like Betsey Johnson runway shows a lot. But when I see things off the runway, I don't like them as much.
. . . And there is a pair of Christian Dior stilettos I saw last summer that I really wanted . . .
But this stuff is way more then pocket change . .

21-01-2005
backstage pass

this summer i spent $600 on a gucci suit. it was totally clearance but still, being a college student this was absolute murder on my bank account and like a week and a half's pay at my internship. not sure if it was actually part of tom ford's last collection though. i've never seen it on the runway but maybe its a toned down version of one of the things he actually designed i dunno.

i think i owned it about 2 weeks before even having it altered. i kept on thinking 'keep it? return it? keep it? return it? AHHH' -- then finally decided i deserved something nice.

it's beautiful and totally me. only thing i'm worried about is that it'll go out of style cuz its very trendy and now. its a black pinstriped, very slim cut with peak lapels and a ticket pocket, very english style suit. very gucci-ish. i'm trying to wear the hell out of it before it goes out of style. if there's a formal/semiformal/interview/any dressup event opportnity you BET i'm wearing it.

but then again, its a nice feeling knowing you earned the money to buy a piece you've dreamed of having.

Last edited by sbbbjm; 21-01-2005 at 10:30 PM.
22-01-2005
backstage pass

my $7000 hermes birkin

backstage pass

i regret buying LV hair cubes... so expensive and yet so not worth it

front row

My wedding dress!!!

About 3 years before I was engaged and shopping for my OWN wedding dress, my best friend was getting married. We were looking at dresses for her, and I saw this dress, Alfred Sung, STUNNING and i wanted it SOOO bad...i didn't even have a boyfriend at the time.

Then when i got engaged, i went to that very store, and it was still there, and i bought it. First dress i tried on you could say! lol My mom made me try others, but i knew i wanted that one..$$$

24-01-2005
trendsetter

Taitai - am soo jealous!!!! It is crazy a sable for as you put it 'slightly more expensive than a birkin'. Says to me that Birkins whilst very nice are overpriced.

24-01-2005
Seductress in Eden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingenue
my $7000 hermes birkin
you got style hunny

24-01-2005
rising star

Don't spend $300+ for an Ipod, get it free, all you need is patience!
Hey-

Check out this great site that is giving away totally FREE iPods!

I've joined and I think you should as well.

It's a completely legitimate offer, and this company has already given away $4 million in FREE stuff!

All you have to do is join, complete an online offer, and refer friends to do the same. That's it!

Here is my referral link. To help me get my iPod, click this exact link to join, or copy and paste it into a browser:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=10565621
Its not a scam, its been all over CNN, NBC, and some top electronics magazine.

24-01-2005
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckycardslady
Don't spend $300+ for an Ipod, get it free, all you need is patience!
Hey-

Check out this great site that is giving away totally FREE iPods!

I've joined and I think you should as well.

It's a completely legitimate offer, and this company has already given away $4 million in FREE stuff!

All you have to do is join, complete an online offer, and refer friends to do the same. That's it!

Here is my referral link. To help me get my iPod, click this exact link to join, or copy and paste it into a browser:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=10565621
Its not a scam, its been all over CNN, NBC, and some top electronics magazine.
Is there a way to do it without downloading that crap? I really suspect Spyware there...and it does not appear serious to me...

01-02-2005
windowshopping

being an only child with generous parents could get me very far, but as my mother said to me last time we were in barney's - "if you get to wear everything you want now (at the time, an $1100 branquinho blazer) when you can afford it yourself it won't be as satisfying." i later got it for around 300 on sale at the end of the season. but anyway around $900 - a miu miu wool/cashmere topcoat.

01-02-2005
rising star

i cant really recall the most expensive item ive purchased ... (price usually gets lost on me unless im picking up the tab) ... when i was away at boarding school i bought some long black bcbg sweater coat thing with a hood ... it was like $8oo.oo ... i have never worn it ... its actually sitting in a trailer in my exboyfriends backyard ... pathetic, i know ...

shopping is going to be a serious problem for me when i have to start footing the bill ... i was trained to be able to find the most expensive item in a store ... literally ... when i was little my dad used to play a game with me when he took me shopping ... he would take me into a store and have me guess the most expensive item ... if i got it right he would buy me a cabbage patch kid doll... i had a LOT of cabbage patch kid dolls when i was little ...

i bought a michele watch about a month ago ... it was called the deco diamond or something i believe ... it was cute ... brown strap with the diamonds ... i thought it was awesome when i bought it and by the time i made it home i was sooo over it ... so i took it back ... i had a watch that i really loved and it had a terrible accident ... and i think its just too soon to replace it ...

my next big purchase for sure is going to be a fur coat ... i have to have one ... i just got a fur vest recently ... woven rabbit ... but its a little longer than i wanted and i havent worn it yet ... i saw a beautiful fur at neiman marcus the other day ... but i have to wait a little while to ask for one because i just got a new car and timing is everything with the parents ... so i dont know if ill own a fur soon enough to wear this winter ... or if ill wait for next winter ...

02-02-2005
Seductress in Eden

my rule is dont think about how much you are spending... i think i have secret shopping disorder... it drives me crazy until i buy what my brain says i have to buy

09-02-2005
windowshopping

450€ for Seiko Wrist Holo

Last edited by Riccardo83; 09-02-2005 at 10:34 AM.
09-02-2005
backstage pass

250 ($450) on a Balenciaga jumper which is now 125 in the sale

Although that does seem to happen alot to me

10-02-2005
trendsetter

1200 for my Indigo Balenciaga City Classique

i dont spend as much on clothes tho..the most i ever spent on an item of clothing was probably 300 on a jacket from Banana Republic

shoes-no more than 150

bags are my weakness

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
item, single, spent