How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-10-2004
scenester

my most expensive thng i ever bought would probably my prom suit...It was a YSl suit but it only cost me 150. bloody bargain i must say! lol (it was the single breasted type of this suit)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg suit.JPG (16.6 KB, 80 views)

07-10-2004
seagreen serenades

Quote:
Originally posted by MaLkAv@Oct 7 2004, 09:09 PM
about the Chanel_girl with the Dior couture dress... why should her HAVE to prove you anything? I think it's very childish to ask... and by the way in the world there MUST be someone who buys those dress, or they would quit making them... right right?
[snapback]389405[/snapback]
Yah to be honest, Id think it more peculiar for someone with no other use for a digital camera, to buy one to prove themselves to some strangers. That is the person who feels the need be popular online. That is the person Im not sure Id like to meet.

Besides, I could see more pleasure in pretending online... than in accusing online...

07-10-2004
Reanimated

Quote:
Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Oct 7 2004, 04:12 PM
Yah to be honest, Id think it more peculiar for someone with no other use for a digital camera, to buy one to prove themselves to some strangers. That is the person who feels the need be popular online. That is the person Im not sure Id like to meet.

Besides, I could see more pleasure in pretending online... than in accusing online...
[snapback]389455[/snapback]
Right on, strawberry :punk:

07-10-2004
V.I.P.

Right on strawberry

07-10-2004
trendsetter

I got sucked into the Chloe 'horses' collection and ended up buying the top with the sequined horses on the shoulders. It cost me $500 at a consignment shop. After I got it I wore it once. Now I hate it and am trying to sell it.

flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Oct 7 2004, 04:12 PM

mmmmhmmmm....

actually...buyers are inseparable from their digicams...they are invaluable when viewing a collection at a showroom...they provide a record of the collection and of the pieces that have been bought for the store... the company provides one for their use...

fyi ...

07-10-2004
front row

softgrey, you're awesome.

i guess i haven't actually responded to the original subject of this thread, so i will now! i spend more on clothes than anyone I know, but i'm also a college student and most of the people i know are poor. plus this is oregon.

i've spent $100 on a shirt, $127 on jeans, $400 on boots (chanel, dior) and $120 or so on a dress. most of those were on ebay, though, with the brand new boots originally $795 and $1055, respectively. i have several marc jacobs pieces, from ebay as well, and about seven items from bcbg s/s 04.... also ebay.

i work three jobs (grocery, nanny, columnist), make very little, and have rent to pay and go to school full time. i dotn think fashion is about how much you spend, but unfortuantely, the things that look the greatest also tend to have a hefty price tag...

07-10-2004
Melody Nelson

Well that is true, the company does provide me with a digital camera whenever I go on a buy trip...and as previously mentioned who really cares if I do actually own these things or not? and do you people take immense pleasure in accusing me of lying?? because it really seems like it to me...I would go on but I've got much better things to do and feel free to say or think whatever about me, I don't care at all

backstage pass

The most expensive piece of clothing I own is a black one-piece cocktail dress by Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti. It's black with spaghetti straps and is made of a chiffon-like material, and near the hem there's a spirally splatter of matte black sequins. It was about USD$1,000, and I got it as a present from my parents to wear to my graduation dinner in grade 13.

Then there's the bags... but I feel more justified spending money on bags than I do on garments I also try to buy bags that I could carry a lot, which are practical.

I just got my scholarship of CAD$1,100! I'm going shopping, any suggestions?

07-10-2004
backstage pass

My mom bought me a vintage suede jacket for $100 at Screaming Mimi's in NYC. Um, that's the most expensive item that I can think of, and it was a gift. As far as things I've bought for myself, the most I've spent was on a blue jacket at Anthropologie for $50 (on sale). My parents have bought me pants/jeans for as much as $50, but I don't think I've ever spent more than that on pants. Oh, I wore a dress to a wedding that was probably over $100...once.

Then there are always things that I bought for under $10 that would have cost around a couple hundred in stores...but they don't count here, I think.

I'm pretty cheap. Can you tell that I adore jackets, though?

08-10-2004
gromosexual

Quote:
Originally posted by chocsta@Oct 7 2004, 08:53 PM
The most expensive piece of clothing I own is a black one-piece cocktail dress by Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti. It's black with spaghetti straps and is made of a chiffon-like material, and near the hem there's a spirally splatter of matte black sequins. It was about USD$1,000, and I got it as a present from my parents to wear to my graduation dinner in grade 13.

Then there's the bags... but I feel more justified spending money on bags than I do on garments I also try to buy bags that I could carry a lot, which are practical.

I just got my scholarship of CAD$1,100! I'm going shopping, any suggestions?
[snapback]389710[/snapback]

Nice going!! What university do you go to? I see you are in toronto, so just trek over to Bloor St in the yorkville-ish area and go crazy!!!

08-10-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by chanel_girl@Oct 8 2004, 02:32 AM
Well that is true, the company does provide me with a digital camera whenever I go on a buy trip...and as previously mentioned who really cares if I do actually own these things or not? and do you people take immense pleasure in accusing me of lying?? because it really seems like it to me...I would go on but I've got much better things to do and feel free to say or think whatever about me, I don't care at all
[snapback]389599[/snapback]

But of course! And your answer wasn't at all predictible...

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by stylegurrl@Oct 7 2004, 06:26 PM
I got sucked into the Chloe 'horses' collection and ended up buying the top with the sequined horses on the shoulders. It cost me $500 at a consignment shop. After I got it I wore it once. Now I hate it and am trying to sell it.
[snapback]389532[/snapback]
omg i just remembered..i usually just refuse to spend a lot on basics, or stuff like cotton shirts and the like but i got into the whole BANANA screenprint shirt thing from chloe (maybe it was see by chloe?). and then there was this shirt with this varsity letterish thing on it also from chloe...it was over or just around $100...furiously expensive considering what it was (imo) i don't think i ever wore them and i don't even know where they are anymore.

08-10-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Oct 8 2004, 06:12 AM

It would be sad if it's the key to be popular on tfs..

08-10-2004
rising star

$2500 mink jacket - but I would say this. I bet not many people regret spending what ever they did on their most expensive item!!!! - buy cheap buy twice

x

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
item, single, spent