How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-02-2008
rising star

Multilabel showrooms in London
It's just me or multilabel showrooms are really missing from London's fashion palette? I'm talking 'bout the ones which are constantly on the run for finding and promoting new designers (sometimes showcasing them only for a limited period of time)....Berlin is pretty good in this retail format but what about London?

17-02-2008
V.I.P.

hello godiva,

are you referring as to wholesale showrooms? i presume so. in this case there are tons and tons who sell and promote young and upcoming designers during london fashion week.
my personal favourite being rainbowwave.

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
17-02-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyla m. View Post
hello godiva,

are you referring as to wholesale showrooms? i presume so. in this case there are tons and tons who sell and promote young and upcoming designers during london fashion week.
my personal favourite being rainbowwave.
Hi Leyla,

I'm referring more to the likes of Best Shop Berlin (strictly no promoting here...) which seems to me more of a laboratory ("I like this design let's see if it sells or not") than a retail place which only cares for established names.
In a more general view my question is about whether London fashion retail has lost its risk-taking attitude in the last few years....it has the highsteet, independent boutiques, department stores, concept stores (DSM is far the best of its kind) but has no new retail tricks to offer lately .... and it's the enfant terrible capital of fashion. Or am I wrong?

18-02-2008
tfs star

times are probably not the easiest for experimental retail concepts in most countries, not only london in particular... look at what's happened with shops like pineal eye... and also strange fruit in berlin.

in the end, it goes back to eventually turning these ideas into a concept that sells and keeps a business going... it demands for enthusiastic people that have their feet not only in a visionairy, artistic environment but also grounded in a pragmatic thinking.

18-02-2008
rising star

Strange Fruit is over? Didn't know about that ... so sad.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
london, multilabel, showrooms