How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-01-2010
windowshopping

i have never had any bad experiences with them. good quick service, well packaged items. can be more expensive than in stores and other websites tho. hope u enjoy your purchase x

02-01-2010
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeistiffanyblu View Post
fair enough, i completely understand...i tend to be like that too i guess but i always enjoy looking at what others bought

i love the feeling when you buy something and its not weather or city appropiate so you keep it in your closet, and when you're packing to go elsewhere more suitable and see the pieces again it feels like finding gold lol
Yes that's how I feel about EVERYTHING I've bought ! I obsessed over style.com for days and made lists in my head,but made sure they were things I'd wear.I value these wardrobe additions so much.But they are just clothes to me....

04-01-2010
V.I.P.

It's a great site, slightly pricey on a few things, but everything is legitimate, and shipping is prompt. If you have any problems (whether fit or otherwise) I've never had any problems making returns.

04-01-2010
V.I.P.

pricey yes BUT best online luxury ladies RTW retailer worldwide!
i am yet waiting for better updates though... and much much better sales...

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
05-01-2010
rising star

Net-a-porter is wonderful. They have such good customer service and that is what I like in a store especially when I have to got it shipped overseas. And I love the black boxes that its all sent in. If I am less desperate I may go with somewhere else that is cheaper for the same product but seriously it is all about the experience with them.
I have to say the worst is saks, they are rude, unhelpful, took more money out of my account than should have been and told me it was gonna take 10 days to reinburse me! I was like nuh-uh and had a big whinge at them so they redeposited the next day and never replied to me again! I bought a cake from them as a christmas present for a US friend and asked the online chat lady how it would be delivered and she said 'thats up to the courier driver'. Wow helpful. Thats why i go with net-a-porter, would never have this trouble with them!
What is everyone wanting on net-a-porter at the moment?

11-01-2010
V.I.P.

New stuff added to the sale! http://www.net-a-porter.com/Shop/List/New_To_Sale?pn=1

Also there have been further reductions

11-01-2010
fashion elite

thanks for the update rosalynn!

front row

Net a porter
I too have never had any problems. I have purchased lots of items from them as they have a better selection than say Harvey Nichols or Selfridges. The packaging is better too. Never had a problem with returns. As long as you know the designer you are buying (e.g the fit, size and quality) you cannot go wrong.

11-01-2010
V.I.P.

Did anyone buy anything else in the sale? I was gonna get the Alice+Olivia black scarf top (have it in grey and I loooooove it) but they didn't have it in my size. Also tempted by a Paul & Joe dress (also sold out in my size) and I'm still tempted by a pair of flame Giuzeppe Zanotti heels but gonna think about that as they're totally not my style.

Oh, also tempted by a fedora hat, but really not sure if I could pull it off.

11-01-2010
fashion insider

There a Missoni scarf I'm toying with buying. It's not expensive, and I was actually looking at getting it before it was in the sale (glad I didn't get it then!), but I did say no more spending...

It seems like the N-A-P sale was really good this year! I'm sure I remember being disappointed before.

V.I.P.

I agree, last year I don't think they did further reductions did they, it just went onto Outnet straight away if I remember correctly? I bought a few bits in the first day of the sale, but missed out on a lot of the further reductions. That said The Outnet really seems to have come into its own recently as opposed to being just a hand-me-down for NAP - maybe I'm just paying more attention to it, I dunno.

Oh, those GZ shoes I mentioned have sold out in my size now, shame because looking at the price they were reduced from £890 to £267

12-01-2010
fashion insider

^ are they the black and purple ones?

I was so tempted by them although I doubt I'd get much wear from them, but they're such fabulous statement shoes. I remember when they first got them on the site, I'm kind of surprised they ended up in the sale, but perhaps they're too difficult to wear.

The Outnet is definitely a lot better than when it started. Although one of the big problems with the N-A-P sale is that I live in fear of seeing something I've bought turning up on The Outnet even cheaper! But this is (literally) the price we pay for having things now I suppose, and not risking them selling out.

I wonder if N-A-P have found that this has affected their sales at all, people waiting to get things cheaper on The Outnet.

fashion icon

I almost bought the gold See by Chloe skirt but it sold out in my size just as I was about to purchase it

Here's to hoping for someone to return it...

12-01-2010
V.I.P.

hautechild - yep, those are the ones. They're really OTT aren't they? You're absolutely right that they're statement shoes, I mean I think they look better on, too, but there's no way I'd spend nearly £900 on them when like you say you're gonna get limited wear out of them. The mark down in the sale was massive too, kinda a shame I missed out on them, but I bought myself a pair of Fendis in London to console myself, haha.

Yeah, I know what you mean about not wanting to buy something and see it appear on Outnet. If it's something unmissable (unlike the Giuzeppe Zanottis) then I will make sure I keep tabs on how many are left in stock in my size. You can normally tell.

Cicciolina - how gutting Definitely keep an eye out for returns though, the GZ shoes I meantioned were out in my size, then back in (but now sold out again) so it definitely happens.

12-01-2010
Meg
inspired contemplation

the Outnet wasn't open last year after christmas, so things did not go straight there - I still find no difference between the NAP sale price and the Outnet sale price. I still find their sales disappointing and given the price differences between the US and UK site, if there's something I want, I have to trawl between both and determine which is the best value. Either way, their shipping prices are too high considering a lot of others are now shipping internationally for free (if you spend above a certain amount). I'd rather just get the measurements of an item from NAP to make it fits and buy it elsewhere.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
netaporter