How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance
when are they putting their f/w 05/06 and cruise collection shoes on sale?
I can't imagine that they'd put any cruise items on sale until June/July with the rest of the spring/summer stuff. They always seem to be super late with their discounting and seasonal sales.

I must say I am not too keen on their choice of stuff for this season so far. They also appear to get everything much later than the the stores. Living in between Paris and London - I'd always prefer to shop in stores than online but then given where I live I am rather spoilt in this way!!
Oh yeah and another thing, why do they stock Sass & Bides from size 26 - when they start at 24 and lots of people wear the smaller sizes...I mean they stock the smallest sizes in tops. Is Net-a-Porter simply conforming to the belief that most English women are pear-shaped:p

02-03-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

I don't have a problem with their sizes really....and I don't think they are that much later than the stores (well for some things they definately are....) but I agree their stock choices this season thus far has been really uninspired. Their update yesterday sucked.....but still best place to shop on the net.

02-03-2006
Fashion Icon googoo gagaa

size 26 are pear shaped?

Meg, totally agree.

backstage pass

Don't worry UNiQ, I don't think size 26 is pear-shaped. It's a size 8, much smaller than the average 14...

04-03-2006
tfs star

I also get really excited on Wednesdays...but then lately I've also been really disappointed!!!

They seem to have gone for a very cheap-looking (but by no means cheap) kind of bling as far as shoes go,and their clothinghas been utterly uninspiring....very little that you could justify paying 1500 euros for as opposed to 50 euros at Zara.

I had a great year there last year though;I bought at least one thing every Wednesday,and I loved their summer shoes so much i don't need to buy any shoes this S/S !!

(Which is not to say that I won't ...just so far,not from them .)

I am unimpressed by their Special Orders at the moment though...put my name on the waiting list for a black Stam bag in December,promised that it would come "early in the new year"...halfway through January this because "February",and now it's March,and still no black stams.

Furthermore the prices do sometimes fluctuate with currency fluctuations too...only the price in sterling is constant,so if they charge you at a moment when your own currency has a dip,you pay more!!

24-04-2006
V.I.P.

NAP had a makeover!

24-04-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

wow thanks for the tipoff gg. Will have to get used to this new nap.

24-04-2006
tfs star

I really like it actually...and it's so much faster! It's about time!

24-04-2006
V.I.P.

I like ita lot better too. Their old site used the awful frames and things often loaded weirldy for me and sometimes right click > open new window didn't show up either.

24-04-2006
V.I.P.

it's 1000 times better!
Unfortunately they don't have many interesting items this year. I also think that they should start using actual models.

15-06-2006
Adorable illusion

I have a rant about netaporter! I ordered something 2 days ago and wanted to take advatnage of their free shipping promotion they have right now..and 2 days later they still have not delivered
Im surprised they can deliver quickly overseas but for a local London address they take their time Im going to probably have to go to dhl offices myself and pick up my package. Some free shipping!

16-06-2006
fashion icon

I just used their free shipping which saves a lot since I'm all the way in Australia. Now I'm just scared that when the free shipping period expires, they're going to reduce all the current winter stock they have (I just bought a winter collection bag at full price) so I would have saved more if I had just held out... Would it be too evil if that did actually happen, to return the bag and repurchase at sale price?

05-07-2006
V.I.P.

Fendi at Net-a-Porter!!!

05-07-2006
Of too many minds

^I can't believe the B-belt is selling so quickly like hot-hot cakes!! (Only size L left!)

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
07-07-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_princess
I have a rant about netaporter! I ordered something 2 days ago and wanted to take advatnage of their free shipping promotion they have right now..and 2 days later they still have not delivered
Im surprised they can deliver quickly overseas but for a local London address they take their time Im going to probably have to go to dhl offices myself and pick up my package. Some free shipping!

They are often quite shocking at sale times,or when the new season's collections are just out.

The delay is usually at NAP,not DHL. One would think that NAP makes enough money to employ enough people to deal with busy times though.

hope your parcel arrives soon!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
netaporter