How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-06-2005
scenester

Nice Tank Top Brands??
i am looking to buy some nice tank tops/wifebeaters (although i hate the terminology wifebeater)...the kind u can wear layered underneath something sheer that will look nice.....that is thin and long enough to wear.....i have heard good thing about j.crew's tissue tanks, but has anyone heard about anything else? i hear that jockey tank tops are also a good alternative because of the cut?? thanks for ur help!

26-06-2005
offline.

i bought some cute tanks from express... they have lace on the straps... they'd be cute for layering.

27-06-2005
V.I.P.

When it comes to tank tops, I'm a cheapy. I figure even the priciest tank top can only last but so long...

For "wifebeaters" in the States -

- Target has some nice ones in their active department by Prospirit. $7.99. $5 bucks a pop if you get them during a sale.
- Old Navy has good ones in several different cuts. I get the "perfect fit" cut b/c it's a bit longer than the others. I think their generally around $10.
- I haven't tried JCrew's tissue tank, but I am a fan of their "Favorite" tank which run about $12.99 I believe. They're a bit thinner than the Old Navy/Target tanks.
- And finally, I agree with Luna. Express always has good staples & would be a good option for an embellished tank.

Additionally, I haven't owned them myself, but I hear good things about C&C California T's and tanks. There just a bit pricier. Good luck

27-06-2005
wiser now

In Australia Bonds sooo comfy

scenester

thanks so much for ur help! i've tried c&c tanks before, but because i am kinda short, the lengths of their tank tops tend to be too long on me...which is a shame, because i do like their thinness....i will go check on old navy next time i go shopping...generally, i avoid old navy because i just get too overwhelmed by their racks and racks of clothing, but i am willing to give it a try!

27-06-2005
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I had to post - I have fallen in love with Old Navy's Layering Camis:

I probably have about 10 now. They are long, and of thin material, and so cheap that you can afford to stock up. As far as I'm concerned, camis like this are the cheapest of luxuries.

27-06-2005
offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious
When it comes to tank tops, I'm a cheapy. I figure even the priciest tank top can only last but so long...

For "wifebeaters" in the States -

- Target has some nice ones in their active department by Prospirit. $7.99. $5 bucks a pop if you get them during a sale.
- Old Navy has good ones in several different cuts. I get the "perfect fit" cut b/c it's a bit longer than the others. I think their generally around $10.
- I haven't tried JCrew's tissue tank, but I am a fan of their "Favorite" tank which run about $12.99 I believe. They're a bit thinner than the Old Navy/Target tanks.
- And finally, I agree with Luna. Express always has good staples & would be a good option for an embellished tank.

Additionally, I haven't owned them myself, but I hear good things about C&C California T's and tanks. There just a bit pricier. Good luck

I also wear Perfect fit tanks from old navy.. I layer them all the time... they're the perfect thing to wear with a printed circle skirt in the summer.

Plus.. they're not cheaply made.. I still have some that I bought 3 years ago... and I wear them a lot.. even in the winter (under stuff)

27-06-2005
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ Who would've guessed that Old Navy would make such great essential pieces?

27-06-2005
offline.

I haven't tried those layering camis... do they have built in shelf bras? Or are they just tanks?

27-06-2005
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

They're just tanks... a soft, thinner material. They're the "tiny fit" style, so extra long and body-hugging. 2/$10 now. I wear them under everything.

I guess what I posted isn't exactly a traditional tank top. But since the thread is about that, I stick to J Crew's favorite tank tops. They're longer, as well.

Last edited by Erin; 27-06-2005 at 03:52 PM.
27-06-2005
V.I.P.

i'm loving american apparel right now... as well as james perse and splendid

27-06-2005
backstage pass

everytime i go to the outlets, i try to pick up a few j crew ones...
they're long, which is a HUGE plus for me, and soft, come in a bunch of hues and make good layering tanks...i live in 'em..

i'm almost ready..

bonds
hanes
american apparel
talulah

27-06-2005
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by agirlcalledk1ll
everytime i go to the outlets, i try to pick up a few j crew ones...
they're long, which is a HUGE plus for me, and soft, come in a bunch of hues and make good layering tanks...i live in 'em..
Agreed. The longer length is super important to me, as well.

27-06-2005
front row

James Perse are good- they come pretty long and theres a big selection of sizes
but Hanes are a hell of a lot cheaper and still good. Also, Jockey makes some simple, nice wifebeaters.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brands, nice, tank