How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-09-2006
fashion insider

They look like the hellobora but I'm not sure...I love the wash though

03-09-2006
Frozen irony.

Those wax jeans are pretty hot, anyone know how the fit is on them?

03-09-2006
V.I.P.

i ordered 25 on shopbop, I normally waer 24 but some people said that they fit small...I'll report back once I try them on

03-09-2006
fashion insider

I have the calypso intrigue jeans in 28 and they fit pretty true to size I think...if not a little be big because I have worn 28s from other brands that run smaller...but it may be the cut as well since the calypso is a loose bootcut...I would love to try the glossy and oily blue/grey anemones and helloboras but I can't seem to find any stores that carry those...Jeffrey usually carries Notify but I only saw some cords on sale when I was there...anyway all the Notifys have super long inseams but since I'm 6' I don't need to get them altered. Im pretty impressed with their denim quality in general

03-09-2006
Frozen irony.

yes, please do report back caffeine when you get to try them on.

I'm interested in their blue/grey oily finish.

Foxie: you are 6'?? Wow.. you lucky thing. Thanks for the comments about fit.. have to check out if the dept. stores here will carry the oil finish.

03-09-2006
fashion insider

love this...blue/grey wax hellabora

from shoplastyle

04-09-2006
tfs star

What is the difference between the Hellebora and the Anemone? Is it that the Anemone has a skinnier leg? I am def gonna buy one of them in the wax finish, not sure which, I want whichever one is skinnier. I normally wear a size 26, so I am going to try on the Notify jeans stocked in Sydney (ie like, 2 pairs ) for the fit and then order them online.

Notify Anemone 4 Pocket in Dark Blue Glossy from revolveclothing. You can't really tell they're glossy jeans from the pic, though.

04-09-2006
rising star

I tried the oily black Hellebora at AB fits in San Francisco a month ago, and they where just stunning. They are VERY long, which was great since I am 6'1 tall, but they where the longest jeans I ever tried.

They might run a bit small at the waist, 31 fit me perfectly even though I often wear 30.

They are absolutely beautiful, I just have no idea how they have to be washed and to me it felt as if the color might come off onto sofas/ chairs/ clothes.

04-09-2006
fashion insider

If you read the style description at revolveclothing closely, it tells you the measurement of the different styles. The anemone is a skinnier straight leg measuring at 15 around the knees and ankles. The hellobora is slightly boot legged at around 14 for the knees and 15 at the ankles. Hope this helps. I personally can't shop for jeans online because I have to see the fit on myself before I can decide on something...

I found a fit guide at active endeavors...it's quite helpful
http://www.activeendeavors.com/fitGu...fy/default.asp

Last edited by Foxie-Pooh; 04-09-2006 at 10:23 AM.
08-09-2006
V.I.P.

I got my size 25 jeans. It's comfortable on the legs, but the butt part has a little extra room. The legs are amazing though. Should I go down to 24 (try to find one) or is that possible to have it altered?

08-09-2006
fashion insider

I think it's better to size down because it will probably stretch out even more with wear...also, it's probably a pain to alter the seat and it will cost a lot more so if possible, I'd try the 24 you should post pictures of you in the jeans

08-09-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie-Pooh
I think it's better to size down because it will probably stretch out even more with wear...also, it's probably a pain to alter the seat and it will cost a lot more so if possible, I'd try the 24 you should post pictures of you in the jeans
Thanks I'll try to do so tonight. The problem is that size 24 is not available anywhere...

08-09-2006
V.I.P.

I put them on again. the waist is actually tight. 24 might be too small. I will ask for teh tailor's opinion on the sizing and the extra fabric.Hopefully it's not too expensive.

09-09-2006
tfs star

Thanks for the update Caffeine I'm usually a size 26, but I'm going to order a 27 in the wax Anemones.

09-09-2006
Empire State of Mind

Caffeine, i'd love to see a pic of you wearing them so that I get an idea of how they look on a real person.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans, notify