How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-09-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight fairy
shoplastyle.com has Notify jeans but are there any other ones that stock up on the wax ones?
revolveclothing.com

24-09-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckashie
When I was shopping in one of the main strips in Sydney I discovered by chance that by some miracle the Notify wax jeans were sold here! Anemones in the blue and black with yellowish stitching that I haven't seen online anywhere, they were quite nice. It's lucky I didn't order them as I seemed to be inbetween sizes- 26 was too small, 27 too big. And they weren't skinny enough for me. They are beautiful jeans though
Where in Sydney do they stock it?

V.I.P.

update - I wore my notify waxed jeans yesterday shopping for a whole day and the jeans didn't stretch

01-10-2006
fashion insider

Ooh...that's good to know. I'm still waiting for revolveclothing to get back to me about my 28 special order...hopefully I'd get the answer back in a week. Anyway...I'm still waiting for Guessgirl's photo...come on, don't keep us waiting for too long :p

01-10-2006
Empire State of Mind

I still haven't placed my order at revolveclothing because I'm just not sure about the sizing. I usually wear a 27 in most jeans but I'm fraid these run smaller because of the material and they are not supposed to stretch so I'm not sure. I tried on a pair of Levis wax jeans on the weekend and they were so tight and uncomfortable that I would have to go up two sizes.

01-10-2006
fashion insider

Levi's make wax jeans too?

01-10-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie-Pooh
Levi's make wax jeans too?
I hope not, besides they should work on the fit rather than the material

02-10-2006
Empire State of Mind

yep, they do. That particular pair didn't even look like Levis. The fit was terrible though. Very very low cut (which I hate) and didn't make a nice butt. Just wanted to try to see how these wax jeans look on.

06-10-2006
fashion elite

anyone looking for the black waxed Notify skinnys should either go to or call Scoop Street in the Meatpacking District. I was in their yesterday and they had what looked like multiple sizeruns of them just sitting there untouched. I was tempted to get a pair, but I know from the past that Notify womens jeans just don't work on men at all.

fashion insider

Ooh...can you elaborate a little bit on how it doesn't work on you? Is the fit weird or just uncomfortable to wear?

07-10-2006
fashion elite

I have tried on a few different styles and I just found that they really looked like girls' pants. Sometimes I think skinnys can be unisex (APC, Acne, etc.), but the Notify's really just seemed to be made strictly for a woman's body. They seemed too low in the front and high in the back. It may have had something to do with the size though, I am a 28 (probably more like a 27) and I only tried on 29s. I am still very tempted to try the black wax style though, because I know the quality is on spot and they are really cute.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJCouture
I have tried on a few different styles and I just found that they really looked like girls' pants. Sometimes I think skinnys can be unisex (APC, Acne, etc.), but the Notify's really just seemed to be made strictly for a woman's body. They seemed too low in the front and high in the back. It may have had something to do with the size though, I am a 28 (probably more like a 27) and I only tried on 29s. I am still very tempted to try the black wax style though, because I know the quality is on spot and they are really cute.
yes you are totally right. the back is a lot higher than the front to protect privacy I actually like it that way (but probably not suitable for guys). The quality is actually the best I've seen. All those stitching and details are amazing.

07-10-2006
fashion elite

^yeah it kind of creates a weird look on guys. You are absolutely right though, the quality is amazing. I have two pairs of men's from them which I love. .

fashion insider

Is that the case for all types of Notify? I have the Calypso intrigue jeans in 28 and it fits me fine, but can get a bit loose after wearing it for a whole day...although it is very low waisted, it doesn't look especially girlish...I'm still waiting for revolveclothing to get back on my special size order in 28 but I wonder if I should just order 29 from another website since most experiences here indicates that it runs slightly smaller and don't stretch out much...I don't want to go through the hassle of returning but I am dying to try these jeans on...I should go to the store but I have just been so damn busy lately...MJ did you try on the black wax anemone in 29, or were you just talking about your experience with other styles? I am so indecisive it's killing me

ok just for reference this is the calypso jeans and then the black oily anemone

revolveclothing

Last edited by Foxie-Pooh; 07-10-2006 at 10:24 PM.
08-10-2006
Empire State of Mind

I just ordered the anemone off revolveclothing. They only had 25 and 27 left so I ordered them in 27 which is my actual jeans size. I'm really afraid that they might be too tight and I would have to send them back and not being able to size up because they are out of stock in 28.
Do they really run much smaller because of the fabric? I noticed that they have 2% elasthane which other jeans have as well so I would think they will stretch after a while. Can't wait to get them and try them on irl.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans, notify