How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-09-2004
Soviet Camaro

Notify Jeans
Anyone have these? Do you like them? Any thoughts or knowledge?

01-09-2004
no photos, no photos

I just got a fax from their showroom, don't know anything about them, though.

"Notify was creatid in Paris by a team of highly skilled in the "know how" of denim. With about 15 diff. styles made in Italy, the collection's look transcends that of the traditionl jean. It personifies luxury with nearly invisible details and finishing touches done by hand. the cut combines street-wear with a sexy elegance. A favorite jean of Linda Evangelista and friends, Notify is one of the most creative and innovative jean lines on the international fashion scene. The line is enjoying tremedous success in stores like Scoop, Maxfield, Jeffrey, bergdorf's, Nordstrom....."

windowshopping

Notify have some great denims... Something specials, not like everybody else... Expensive!!! Huge sucess in Europe now... Check out their website, www.notifyjeans.com I think there is a like to Seven, not sure...

There are coming alot of French denim brands now, Notify, Aquaverde & Le Temps/Japan Rag... And they all looks great!!!

02-09-2004
V.I.P.

i liek their jeans , they are ncie cuts etc.

duffer do you have info on japan rags? i ahve seen them but i don't know any thing about them

V.I.P.

I am sooooo glad I found this site!!!!

Glad to meet everyone. You'll be seeing alot of me.

23-09-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by Spacemiu@Sep 2 2004, 06:12 PM
i liek their jeans , they are ncie cuts etc.

duffer do you have info on japan rags? i ahve seen them but i don't know any thing about them
[snapback]354426[/snapback]

I just bought a pair of Japan Rags jeans yesterday at a local boutique. They seemed to be doing really well there as I bought the last pair. I can only tell you about the men's, but they fit AMAZING. There are so few designer jean labels that actually make the effort to give their men's lines good fits. Usually they make their name with women's then make men's just for the money and as such they have no shape (Seven being the biggest culprit). In fact I often buy women's because of the better fit, I guess I am lucky to be pretty small (31 inch waist) so I can pull them off (at least I think I can). But back to Japan Rags, I bet the women's fit is pretty good and the washes are def to die for! So hot and vintage. The only thing is that they are kinda expensive, the pair I bought were $200 but I feel like they were worth it!

23-09-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by meister122@Sep 22 2004, 10:30 PM
I just bought a pair of Japan Rags jeans yesterday at a local boutique. They seemed to be doing really well there as I bought the last pair. I can only tell you about the men's, but they fit AMAZING. There are so few designer jean labels that actually make the effort to give their men's lines good fits. Usually they make their name with women's then make men's just for the money and as such they have no shape (Seven being the biggest culprit). In fact I often buy women's because of the better fit, I guess I am lucky to be pretty small (31 inch waist) so I can pull them off (at least I think I can). But back to Japan Rags, I bet the women's fit is pretty good and the washes are def to die for! So hot and vintage. The only thing is that they are kinda expensive, the pair I bought were $200 but I feel like they were worth it!
[snapback]373248[/snapback]
thanks, I'm a guy to ( i wear a 29) and I find ti veyr hard to find good fited jeans

fashion insider

Does anyone find the inseam too long? On many sites, it says the inseam is around 36"; can you wear it with flat shoes like sneakers and not have the jeans bunch up?

23-01-2005
trendsetter

I own three pairs of NOTIFY Jeans and I love them.

If you are tall these jeans are
FANTASTIC with heals-(I am 5'11.5).

I have the Anemone 5 pocket (no stretch- straight leg- antique wash) and two of the very first style that were first introduced in the states
(at least at SCOOP in Autumn of '04).

They were even feautured in an editorial in Nov Elle with .......
(GOSH her name escapes me- someone please help jogg my memory)

23-01-2005
fashion insider

Ok...what about without heels? Are they too long?

23-01-2005
fashion elite

I personally think they are overpriced, from what I've seen nothing really warrants the $300 price tag.

Meg
inspired contemplation

if they are too long I would just get them hemmed. 36" inseam is quite odd....to have only that but they might also offer 32 or 34. Anyone know?

23-01-2005
trendsetter

From what I know, they only come in one length.

However, its all about personal preference. Again, being 5'11 1/2 the length works perfect for ME- with or without heals.

Last edited by modelmama; 23-01-2005 at 03:55 PM.
23-01-2005
fashion insider

Can you suggest something better than? I can't find any nice slim bootcuts...ahhh...the skinners are nice but I don't like their wash and everything else is too loose on me
BTW I'm also 5'11.5" with a 30-31 waist depending on the brand

Last edited by Foxie-Pooh; 23-01-2005 at 03:59 PM.
23-01-2005
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJCouture
I personally think they are overpriced, from what I've seen nothing really warrants the $300 price tag.
Happy to say I didn't pay that much for mine, but I did see a new cut in the same store that I really liked, and they were $300. I didn't buy them because I wouldn't pay that much either. I wonder if their prices have gone up, or if it's only certain styles.

Foxie-Pooh, I have to get almost all my jeans hemmed, I don't pay that much attention to what the inseam is marked.

Last edited by tangerine; 23-01-2005 at 03:58 PM.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans, notify