How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-12-2009
windowshopping

Oak NYC - bad customer service?
I ordered something from them a long long time ago, they haven't shipped it, they don't answer e-mails, and they don't answer phone calls. Whenever I go to the store to shop in person, nobody is nice or very salesperson-like. Has anybody else had this experience, or am I just expecting too much? I've read other reviews online, and a lot of other people seemed to have complaints with service as well.

I don't know, for me, I think I'm just not going to buy anything from them again. They have time to update the website, update twitter, and promote parties over facebook, but I can't get somebody to help me for 2 minutes.

08-12-2009
rising star

I like the brands and products they carry, but I hate going inside that store. They act really snotty and they give me zero customer service. It's a shame since I like the store.

windowshopping

Yeah, their products are fantastic, always a joy to look at online and in person, but actually buying them is kind of a hassle

trendsetter

Yeah, wasn't at all impressed with their customer service when I was in store recently. But it was more of like, everyone seemed hungover. Nobody was particularly nice or attentive, even when I was purchasing something.

10-12-2009
rising star

I had one good experience with one of the S.A's there - he was a tall guy. He was actually really attentive and friendly. He geninuely complimented me on my Alexander Wang jacket I was wearing, and found me my size of a shirt I wanted.

But other than that - I have always felt uncomfortable going in there.

scenester

I dont like going in the store either, its a shame because they carry such great products and i like trying things on before I buy, but I prefer just buying online and hoping for the best.

03-01-2010
front row

Interesting. I live in Europe and was thinking of buying from them online but if the service is bad, forget it! Imagine the hassle of trying to return something if you didn't like it?

11-01-2010
backstage pass

really? i always got the opposite impression, like to the point where i actually think of that as something i like about the store specifically! i found it really un-snooty for such a pricey store that carried so many of my favourite designers... e.g. a few months ago i emailed them begging them to carry a pair of shoes and they like carried on a lil' conversation with me about them, and then personally called me to tell them when they got them in. but i'd already bought them elsewhere, and like felt really bad about it since they'd been SO DAMN NICE about letting me know when they were getting them in! i'm talking like 4 emails and a phone call here, way more than i've ever expected from any store.

i've always found the people there super nice and friendly and like fawn over you in the dressing room and give me other stuff to try on etc or chat with me about the designers or the music they have on and stuff... maybe i just look like their "type" or something, or maybe i just go at hours when nicer folks are working? are you all going to the wburg or manhattan store? i think the wburg one is a bit more laidback.

total opposite of Seven IMO, ive found everyone there TERRIBLE except for the tall girl with the gareth pugh wedges

Last edited by lafindesiecle; 11-01-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bad, customer, nyc, oak, service