How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-01-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
Aaaah, I see. No, she didn't make it up, I hate it. The leftovers that are there aren't worth looking at, and they are still priced higher than what you can get at a clearance sale at a dept. store or in a discount store. This is an NYC experience, btw (and all people who said they hate it are coincidentally from NYC).
- the author meant Europeans hate factory outlet shopping - not Americans

05-01-2005
offline.

It's just that anyone (who's never been there) hypes up Woodbury commons... they tell you it's the greatest place ever... yet they've never even gone themselves...

I guess you can find stuff there, if you're really not out for a bargain.

It really does depend on where you go.

05-01-2005
front row

Outlet shopping is like Charity shopping - you have to go every week, to get the good stuff. I do the rounds of the local charity shops here twice a week. For the past three weeks I have found nothing.

Yesterday I got a See By Chloe denim jacket, a vintage brooch and a vintage crochet blanket.

There have been months that I've been to TK Maxx when I've found nothing and then come back another week with so much stuff I can barely carry it.

Keep persevering folks.

05-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Muck
Yesterday I got a See By Chloe denim jacket, a vintage brooch and a vintage crochet blanket.
You don't by any chance happen to go to the Oxfam on Westbourne Grove?

It's my "local" charity shop...oh the finds I've had there..

I don't think we get proper outlet shopping here - maybe some with Armani, Versace etc, but nothing so exciting like the ones in Italy.

05-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne
I liked this hidden outlet in Toscany:

SPACE
Località Levanella S.S 69
52025 Montevarchi (AR)
Phone : +39.055.91901
I second that. I also found good pieces there (but be selective, they also carry weird stuff). you shouldn't go there in august (crowded due to Ferragosto - the Italians have their vacation).
as Hanne mentioned it's hard to find the place but they offer a cab service, which brings you to some outlet stores in this area (prada, gucci, fendi,armani, tod's ....).

05-01-2005
front row

I've found that most outlets are a terrible waste of time. I never like anything and the prices really aren't great deals.

05-01-2005
tailored

The Napa Outlets are pretty good..they have Barney's, Ellen Tracy, J. Crew, Kenneth Cole, BCBG.
Gilroy (south of San Jose, CA) has Banana Republic, J. Crew, Polo, Gap, Coach.
Vacaville has Coach, Banana, Calvin Klein, Ann Taylor, Burberry

I wish there was one high end outlet near SF; instead of 3 so-so ones. I've been to the Napa one the most; the Barney's is hit or miss...I did get a pair of Narciso Rodriguez shoes for 70% off.

06-01-2005
V.I.P.

I always find that the stuff they sell in outlets is all the crap they can not shift in sales. I know someone who is a mangeress of a shop in a outlet village and she said the outlets buy in cheap horrible clothes espesially to sell in them. From what i can gather from your posts this is not the case in the usa, lucky you. There is a tk maxx near by has some ok things like i got some cheap ck underwear from there buts thats all ive ever managed to find.

06-01-2005
crossed wires.

tk maxx is good, i've seen friends with good stuff from there...it's just i can never be bothered to rummage through the racks...it gives me a headache, so uncolour-coordinated

07-01-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilista
You don't by any chance happen to go to the Oxfam on Westbourne Grove?

It's my "local" charity shop...oh the finds I've had there..
I find the charity shops around there ok, but not as good as North London - I go to Golders Green, Southgate, Palmers Green and Finchley. All neighbourhoods with elderley, wealthy residents.

07-01-2005
no photos, no photos

When I was in Milan, we stumbled upon this TINY wierd outlet store at the end of Via Montenepoleone (sp?) They had really great stuff at pretty substantial markdowns. Much like a Century 21. I was dragged to Fox Trot (I think that's what it was called) just across the border to Switzerland and it was AWFUL. At least I got a nice view of the countryside from the train.

10-01-2005
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne
I liked this hidden outlet in Toscany:

SPACE
Località Levanella S.S 69
52025 Montevarchi (AR)
Phone : +39.055.91901

(S.S. 69 is the road it's next to..its situated in tinny industrial area..at the end of a road of the S.S 69..it can be tricky to find since they don't flaunt the locality.)

They stocked Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, D&G, Helmut Lang and Jill Sander
Mens and Womens wear, Shoes, Bags and Accessories

I bought
a prada cashmere sweater
a prada cashmere/silk cardigan
a prada belt
a prada wool sweater for my husband

I recall the price of the cashmere sweater being 300 Euros reduced to 60 Euros..so generally the prices where pretty good imo.
SPACE is awesome
They have one in Hong Kong and everytime I go to HK I always always visit there. So far I've bought three pairs of prada shoes from the store, and those pairs were priced approx. $50, $75, and $100 USD.

11-01-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9
SPACE is awesome
They have one in Hong Kong and everytime I go to HK I always always visit there. So far I've bought three pairs of prada shoes from the store, and those pairs were priced approx. $50, $75, and $100 USD.
So where is space situated in Hong Kong, I'm planning to go there in a couple of months.

12-01-2005
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Muck
So where is space situated in Hong Kong, I'm planning to go there in a couple of months.
Here, I scanned their namecard
They have prada, miu miu, and helmut lang

also, check out the Joyce Warehouse, its only 5 minutes away from SPACE

JOYCE Warehouse
21/F Horizon Plaza, 2 Lee Wing St. Ap Lei Chau, HK
2814-8313
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prada outlet.JPG (11.9 KB, 13 views)

17-01-2005
Storm & Sommer

Has anyone shopped at : il discount dell'alta moda ?

it's located in Rome..and have 50% on labels like Versace, Donna Karan, Armani, Krizia, and Ferré ??

Is it crap or worth visiting ?

pinterest : hanneonpin
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
discount, lauren, online, outlet, ralph, shopping