How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-06-2005
dsq
backstage pass

most of the outlet malls i have been to in the past were not really worth it. Maybe it is because i haven't been to enough outlet malls, but I find that a lot of the pieces they stock are really uninteresting. I also sometimes feel that these outlet malls just sucker you to buy these uninteresting pieces only because of the label attached to it. therefore, i usually just wait for the sales at the stores and boutiques (if available) or buy it at regular price

29-06-2005
windowshopping

this is my first post here but had to chime in on the subject of Outlet malls - I was never a fan, always seemed that they were as others have said full of the junk they couldn't shift on sale but recently I have changed my attitude - at least with regard to Miromar Outlets in Southwest Florida and especially Saks Off 5th. I love it The Gap & Banana outlets there are great too for basics for super cheap that I would easily have paid full price for.
I bought a BCBG Large Signature Tote at the BCBG store this week for $148 which I was delighted with.
You do have to go frequently and if you see something you want you have to act quick chances are if you debate it - it will be gone. Some beautiful Marc Jacobs Green sandals did just that while I looked at the bags.
I also love TJMaxx and Marshalls but the great bargains are few and far between.
Going early is always advisable as is finding out when they get new deliveries to get the best pickings especially at Saks off 5th.

29-06-2005
User Friendly

Well London Fog in Vacaville has like 60% off basically everything in their store... makes sense since it is the middle of summer and they are an outerwear store.

I bought a nice jacket there 2 days ago.

29-06-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinnacess
this is my first post here but had to chime in on the subject of Outlet malls - I was never a fan, always seemed that they were as others have said full of the junk they couldn't shift on sale but recently I have changed my attitude - at least with regard to Miromar Outlets in Southwest Florida and especially Saks Off 5th. I love it The Gap & Banana outlets there are great too for basics for super cheap that I would easily have paid full price for.
I bought a BCBG Large Signature Tote at the BCBG store this week for $148 which I was delighted with.
You do have to go frequently and if you see something you want you have to act quick chances are if you debate it - it will be gone. Some beautiful Marc Jacobs Green sandals did just that while I looked at the bags.
I also love TJMaxx and Marshalls but the great bargains are few and far between.
Going early is always advisable as is finding out when they get new deliveries to get the best pickings especially at Saks off 5th.
I love off 5th and I love Last Call Neimans...I was just in the store at the Dolphin Mall here in south florida and they are just both great.....

29-06-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermesfreak
Thanks...I am going to give them a call now...do you know if they have clothing or only accessories?
both clothing and accessories

29-06-2005
scenester

I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT WWW.THEBAGLADYHANDBAGS.COM IS A VERY GD WEBSITE TO FIND OUT WHAT IS FASHIONABLE RIGHT NOW SO WHY DONT U TAKE A LOOK!!

29-06-2005
fashion elite

I am going to LA in two weeks, and I am staying there for about 11 days...Its my first visit there, any tips to where i should shop? Best places to shop at LA?

29-06-2005
scenester

down town la is good 4 fakes in santy ally excellent!!!!

07-07-2005
front row

i must report that i went to the franklin mills outlet in philly recently and was not disappointed by the saks and neiman's outlets-- i got a $495 ysl top for $62, a $595 ysl top for $74, an $800 luca luca skirt for $100, and the original rickard shah $471 t-strap lizard pumps for $88. i'm going back soon for lotsd of cheap flats for work, yippee! please note though that these are the only places worth going to at franklin mills and you do have to dig through tons of damaged old crap to get to the good stuffm since all the new shipments seem to remain at their original "sale price" (ie ysl dress @ $900) for several months. also, quite disappointed in the handbag selection at both places . . .

07-07-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenimmacto
i must report that i went to the franklin mills outlet in philly recently and was not disappointed by the saks and neiman's outlets-- i got a $495 ysl top for $62, a $595 ysl top for $74, an $800 luca luca skirt for $100, and the original rickard shah $471 t-strap lizard pumps for $88. i'm going back soon for lotsd of cheap flats for work, yippee! please note though that these are the only places worth going to at franklin mills and you do have to dig through tons of damaged old crap to get to the good stuffm since all the new shipments seem to remain at their original "sale price" (ie ysl dress @ $900) for several months. also, quite disappointed in the handbag selection at both places . . .
Agreed...I used to go to Franklin Mills when I lived up north and you have to really dig to get to the good stuff but it is really really worth it when you find the designer goodies

07-07-2005
front row

I was just at the Sawgrass Mills outlets in South East Florida and must report my buys as I am very very excited!!!!!
At Nordstrom Off Rack, I bought two spring/summer 2005 Juicy Couture linen tops (retail for $110 ea) for $24 ea.
An Ann Klein tweed/velvet trim suit (retail for $380) for $65.
A pair of Danang cargo pants (retail for ????) for $65.
At Neimans I bought a down fur collar winter jacket (retail $900) for $253.
At Saks Off 5th, I bought a pair of 7 for all Mankind white jeans(reatil $128) for $55.
At Ralph Lauren, I bought a hoodie jump suit for $70 (retail $200).

I was very excited...

08-07-2005
backstage pass

I have found that outlet shopping is productive if you are good at haggling, which seems to be a lost art. I guess when companies started Walmart-izing, everyone assumed that higher-ups would set the prices and that's that... but it's not so. The few times that I have found nice things at outlets, I have gotten the manager to lower the already-reduced outlet price by at least 50%.

Being broke teaches you to be a bargain-shopper to the ultimate!

08-07-2005
taz
MUSE

are the outlets in France, Paris for YSL, GUCCI ,CHANEL, PRADA & DIOR??

08-07-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphelle
Being broke teaches you to be a bargain-shopper to the ultimate!
so true!

08-07-2005
barcode

The only true outlets I've been to have all been for big designer names, upstate New York has a good outlet mall.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
discount, lauren, online, outlet, ralph, shopping