A. P. C. - Page 19 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
23-07-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone666 View Post
has anyone ever bought A.P.C from tenoversix??? I was going to buy a pair of shoes on sale for $195 USD...but when they sent the invoice the shipping and handling was so expensive..
is it normal to be charged $122 USD for shipping and handling??
when i have looked at overseas shipping it usually ranges between 25 to 45 usd. at farfetch.com, i think i rembember that i had priced some shipping at around 70 usd (which i though too much), so to me 122 seems way over the top. However, if you love the style and know they will fit you and be comfortable, it may be worth it You would just have to be sure about them. Also, A.P.C. usually offers the same styles with just a different twist from season to season, so it would depend on how quickly you want/need to incorporate them into you wardrobe. Another thought, most of their footwear starts out at around 300 to 400 usd, and if you bought at full price, you would most likely have the option of returning if they didn't fit right, etc...

hth!

24-07-2010
scenester

rlp1 - thanks for the advice. They were a pair of loafers and they were on sale...although I love them I don't think I need them as I have done a lot of shopping recently (for me anyway)
I just could not bring myself to pay that much in the end...I think the high shipping made me feel guilty about them, and I hate to feel guilty when I get something new. kind of ruins excitement of purchasing them in the first place...

28-07-2010
scenester

^bought them in the end...still cant get over the shipping though

17-08-2010
fashion icon

US$122 is painful!

Does anyone have the classic APC stripe long sleeve tshirt? How does the fabric wear over time?

18-08-2010
scenester

I know I actually think on some level that they were just trying to get more money out of me cause the shoes were so market down...and if I had bought the same style from their shop but on through farfetch they were still full price....
i will never buy from tenoversix again...
i have a stripe t shirt from a few years ago and it has lasted really well

19-08-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicciolina View Post
US$122 is painful!

Does anyone have the classic APC stripe long sleeve tshirt? How does the fabric wear over time?
Yes.. I want to buy the sailor tops from A.P.C. but I'm afraid the fabric won't last..

20-08-2010
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicciolina View Post
US$122 is painful!

Well mine is fine and It's already two seasons ago. If you wash it by hand and not very often it will still look good.

24-08-2010
flaunt the imperfection

i love the whole APC thing this season...

27-08-2010
scenester

^ yes so do I, they have really got the styling right and i love the lightly messy hair and red lips...the last few seasons have looked a bit to put together if that makes sense

28-08-2010
Aby
V.I.P.

Yeah the styling is better, less (Parisian) hipster.

^I tried the high heeled boots They're pretty classic and simple, that's what harder to find. Also, the heel is not too high too so I added them to my wish-list...

(tendances de mode)

scenester

i really love the style of the pink coat (i would get it in navy of grey) i have no idea of what size to get....and i kind of wish i could see the back

29-08-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone666 View Post
i really love the style of the pink coat (i would get it in navy of grey) i have no idea of what size to get....and i kind of wish i could see the back
sometimes they sell colors at the store that they don't offer online, you could call to check.

31-08-2010
front row

To those asking about the stripey top, the fabric does last and it holds up really well. I purchased mine in May this year, and have been wearing it pretty regularly. Mine's the men's short sleeved one, but I reckon that they use the same material.

This is mine:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....idxUfuTXTy8%3D

07-09-2010
windowshopping

I don't know if this is old news, but for those of you in USA, I just saw urbanoutfitters.com is carrying a.p.c madras. http://search.urbanoutfitters.com/?q=a.p.c.

also about the apc striped tees and quality - I have 2 from spring 2009 and i think they are holding up very well (just like all my apc). i either hand wash or machine wash gentle and never put my nicer clothing in the dryer.

09-09-2010
rising star

Last week I bought my first APC Petit Standard Jeans! They're soooo stiff, it's hell to put them on and feels very awkward to walk around in them. But I'll guess that'll be over soon and then they'll look awesome

The sales guy in the shop in Antwerp was really nice, and I also got a free bag with it! It's made in the same material as the jeans.

my own picture

Previous Thread | Next Thread »