How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-11-2011
front row

Aby, thanks, I love that image in your profile pic (I'm a huge fan of Toast!)

Softgrey, I keep wondering about that, but whenever I try it on it sort of drains my complexion (possibly not my colour either) and makes my head look the size of a pea. It did look great with a scarf to drag attention from the width, but it feels wrong to hold onto it because it was so expensive. It would probably have to be perfect for that price. My own fault for buying online though.

That said, the quality is beyond exquisite - so painful to pack it up again!

09-11-2011
front row

I agree with softgrey about the coat. I would wear it loose as well, I don't think that it looks too boxy. A tiny bit of room in the shoulders is okay with me, as I tend to layer a lot in the winter. Thick scarves and sweaters need room.

16-12-2011
scenester

I'm a big APC fan and I thought I'd review my buys for this season; they might be of interest to some of you!

1. Navy sweater dress

(from www.net-a-porter.com)

This is absolutely perfect for me. It's cozy and chic and looks good with jeans or tights. The first day I wore it I had that rare feeling of knowing it would be a favourite for years. I got it in XS and it fits perfectly (I am a UK 8-10).

2. Shawl cardigan

(from www.apc.fr)

I got this in S rather than my usual XS - I find APC cardigans fit small - and it fits fine. It's not the most versatile cardigan imaginable - it works with round neck tops but looks weird with most of my collared blouses - but I kept it as a useful extra layer over dresses and jersey tops in winter.

What do you all think of the new look APC website? The moving models are a good idea in theory, but I find myself missing the lookbook style of the old site - it was easier to take in the clothes that way, I think. I'm not keen on the pictures of models wearing the clothes either - I don't like the way their heads aren't shown and the light is very harsh and doesn't show the clothes at their best. I'd be interested to hear what other APC fans think.

17-12-2011
fashion insider

^Love the dress, very classic <3

I don't own anything from APC but I quite like the style. I've been looking at their 100% wool sweaters. Does anyone own one and can tell me if they are itchy?

17-12-2011
front row

i also miss the layout of tthe old site. the new site seems a bit too stuffy to me.
i have two a.p.c coats. but unfortunately, i find their winter coats absolutely not warm enough. pity. cause they are beautiful. but to stay warm is more important for me.
it annoys me somehow cause i find some vintage wool coats on the contrary to be perfectly warm. and it's hard to find something similar in current brands&stores. so this is not only with a.p.c. but i love wool coat in the winter, and don't wanna go down the "down puffy coat" route.
anyone else has this problem?

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by advo View Post
^Love the dress, very classic <3

I don't own anything from APC but I quite like the style. I've been looking at their 100% wool sweaters. Does anyone own one and can tell me if they are itchy?
I own a couple, they are lovely and light yet super warm - and I haven't found them itchy at all.

In reply to greengrassia above, I also agree about the coats. I actually decided to keep my wool tweed (which I now love!) but have to admit that it is nowhere close to warm enough for an average winter. This kind of shocked me considering the quality of the coat. It sure looks warm, but it isn't.

And most stores carrying APC are on sale now, except APC themselves

front row

Oh, and any thoughts so far on their SS12 collection?

Aby
V.I.P.

I've seen a few cute things from the new collection at a corner.

There's this gingham top that really caught my eyes the other day thanks to Polyvore!

(apc.fr)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg u_12073538_001-2.jpg (41.8 KB, 99 views)