How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-05-2008
V.I.P.

^ Yes! They have a new line of shirts now that are especially thin and sheer and so soft.

28-05-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey View Post
nice idea...
thanks!

lucky- the j crew are just too fitted for my taste...even a size up..

*my fvourite grey t is an old j crew style...
i keep checking to see if they will do anything like it again...
v nk, narrow without being tight, hits just at the hip...
it's so perfect, but now it has holes, etc...

so funny, I must have the same jcrew ones, they are slightly cropped, boxy and a light weight but not tissue...with the holes to boot.

28-05-2008
V.I.P.

for the guys:

Skater Tees. they're plain perfection. i love ALL of mine. they stay in shape for ever and, given you choose the right brand, super soft. my personal favorites are from éS. i just love them.

17-08-2008
scenester

Can anybody recommend a style by Kain? They're pretty but all look big (they're one-size) so I'm wondering which styles work.

front row

Plain tees/singlets to wear under timeless cardigans
I am looking to buy tees and singlets to wear under my timeless cardigans. I will be travelling around California and will be visiting NYC for a week. Would love to hear suggestions for both affordable and/or long lasting but timeless singlets and tees to wear under cardigans

V.I.P.

I am looking out for perfect t-shirt in black and gray, soft, light, the perfect one!! Suggestions? Price range 0-50 e.

12-05-2014
girl who fell to earth

Not sure what the price would be on these brands, but have you tried Vince or James Perse?

12-05-2014
V.I.P.

^1+ for James Perse.

I bought some tees at Madewell a while ago and I can recommend those, too. They are super soft and and look really nice.

13-05-2014
V.I.P.

Thanks guys! I have james perse skirt and i've liked it. Will try the t-shirts next

10-06-2014
fashion insider

Believe it or not the most beautifully designed, drapey t-shirt i own, i bought for like $5 dollars at goodwill. the label reads Bitten by Sarah Jessica Parker!

backstage pass

I hate that all t-shirts are eather super long or way too shirt.... argh, finding t-shirts is harder than finding perfect pair of jeans.
And I would love to find white t-shirt that is not too sheer.

26-06-2014
fashion insider

i agree! they're either those useless super cheap looking way to sheer lets let the world see everything under this white piece of cloth or that grody stiff beefy t-shirt material that does nothing to flatter your shape. i usually just get angry when merely shopping for t-shirts at the thrift store and give up.

i like a scoop neck but not too low and a loose but shapely cut. apparently that's too much to ask cuz i never have any luck even at full price retail stores.

i once dropped $100 on an Eileen Fisher basic black t that was part of my work uniform but i could justify that in my mind since a) the quality is very good with EF in my experience b) i wore this everyday for work c) black is a practical color as opposed to white d) it fit me perfectly.

but I wouldn't spend that much again even with those factor going for the shirt. girl's gotta pay the mortgage. my husband would definitely not understand

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellastica View Post
i like a scoop neck but not too low and a loose but shapely cut. apparently that's too much to ask cuz i never have any luck even at full price retail stores.

i once dropped $100 on an Eileen Fisher basic black t that was part of my work uniform but i could justify that in my mind since a) the quality is very good with EF in my experience b) i wore this everyday for work c) black is a practical color as opposed to white d) it fit me perfectly.

but I wouldn't spend that much again even with those factor going for the shirt. girl's gotta pay the mortgage. my husband would definitely not understand
Re. scoopneck, how about Uniqlo? I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for, but they have nice scoopneck tees with a fitted shapely cut. I usually have a black and a white one in my wardrobe.

But personally I'm still looking for more slouchy tees. I don't like Uniqlo slouchy models for some reason, I find them mostly too tent-y or the sleeves strangely unflattering.

Yeah, for me too, more than 50 euros is for me too much to justify on a tee...I've done it before but now I wouldn't either. James Perse is gorgeous but a little too pricey.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cardigans, perfect, plain, tee, tees or singlets, timeless, wear