How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-03-2006
rising star

POP's Shop at Selfridges
From the Spring/Summer 2006 issue of POP

Quote:
POP's Shop
Selling Super Shiny Stuff At Selfridges

POP is transforming itself into a real-life boutique! For three weeks in March, POP's Shop will be setting up stall within Selfridges' London branch and selling exclusive, limited-edition items from the world's most exciting designers, specially commissioned by POP's editor-in-chief Katie Grand. Get ready to snap up fluolo-pink Miu Miu shoes in canvas and glitter versions; studded Perspex jewellery by Katie Hillier; T-shirts with button badges by Luella; jacquard cushions and scarves by Giles; and Mulberry's 'Roxanne' bag by Stuart Vevers in a unique beige and fluoro pink edition with 'added trinkets'. You can't but this stuff anywhere else! POP's Shop will also be the first outlet to sell Katharine Hamnett's upcoming reissue of her classic Eighties T-shirts. POP model Miss Piggy herself will be in attendance (yes, we almost can't believe it either), while Katie Grand will be designing the boutique's super, shiny environment. 'What I love about POP's Shop is that it's given me a chance to pick out my favourite items of the season and get them made in the colours I want,' she says. 'It doesn't get much better than ringing up Miu Miu and saying, "Ooh, can you do those for me in fluoro pink?"'

POP's Shop is at Selfridges, 400 Oxford Street, W1
(08708 377377) from 9th March
Here's a runway shot of the Miu Miu shoe that will available in pink:

I think I'm gonna check this out. Maybe pick up one of the Katharine Hamnett shirts, depending on the sizing and prices. I wanna see Miss Piggy, too.

07-03-2006
rising star

I can't edit my original post, but the runway picture is from style.com

Isn't Katie Hillier an accessory designer for Marc Jacobs?

07-03-2006
fashion icon

heh these 'specially curated' sections of boutiques always feel so gimmicky, yet for some reason I can't help but be fascinated by the stuff they put in them.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
pop, selfridges, shop