How to Join
06-03-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunn19 View Post
I absolutely love this skirt. Want it

*Please do not quote the images*

http://www.theblondesalad.com/
I think I saw this skirt in my local Primark this week. It was something like 16-18 quids? Looks really cute with the tutu underneath.

Last edited by Legyviel; 19-05-2012 at 05:56 AM.
29-03-2011
front row

Does anyone find that Primark jeans are sized funny? I like to buy them because I can get long lenth jeans cheaply... but I have to buy two sizes bigger than I usually buy! And it's a tight fit even then.
Everything else fits me fine from Primark though.

29-03-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Naomi View Post
Does anyone find that Primark jeans are sized funny? I like to buy them because I can get long lenth jeans cheaply... but I have to buy two sizes bigger than I usually buy! And it's a tight fit even then.
Yeah for me the 8 won't go on and the 10 is miles too big around the waist but tight around the legs. Primark jean sizing is confusing

29-03-2011
front row

Ahh kinda the opposite for me, I'm an 8 in everything but I remembered that primark jeans are usually quite small... so I bought a 10... and they go fine up my legs but I can't even get them done up at the waist... i'm like stuff this I'm not buying a twelve, i'll get my jeans somewhere else

31-03-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Naomi View Post
Me too!
I am always a size or so up in primark pants, but their other items fit about right. Looks like they jumped off the vanity sizing bandwagon - or else began to practice its opposite!

31-03-2011
front row

But if i liked the jeans i would buy a larger size than usual, because I don't really think we can determine how good we look or what actual shape we are via these labels anymore. If it looks good, i don't care whether it's a 4 or a 16.

There's nothing wrong with a size 12, ???

But seriously, the vanity thing is really annoying. Like you I'm an 8, yet am sized out in many stores. I can't shop at Next at all nowadays as even their size 6 is too loose. Miss Selfridge tries to convince me i'm a size 4, even though my true measurements are a lot bigger. I dont find it flattering, just infuriating, and patronizing.
When i've seen old stuff from Topshop in charity stores, their sizes were much, much smaller in comparison to today.

Some consistency would be nice, especially online.

That said, I recently found a really cute mac at primark. And i love how they use paper bags

01-04-2011
rock-chic

Primark are the best fit for me in any jeans. Their size 8 could have been made for me, but to be honest, I don't know what size I am any more. I have things from size 6 to 12 often from the same shop. I think they just put any size labels in and hope for the best.

fashion icon

This is so Prada. Love it.

pinkhairedprincess/primark

08-04-2011
fashion icon

Does Primark make sizes UK 6? Or does it start from size 8?

09-04-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyJG View Post
Does Primark make sizes UK 6? Or does it start from size 8?
It starts at 8, they don't make a size 6 - although the sizing on some stuff is so off that some of the 8's could easily fit like a 6. I have a sleeveless t-shirt in a size 18 that fits like a 10! It's just pot luck really.

fashion icon

^ ok thanks. Yeah I heard Primark sizing was weird..

14-04-2011
tfs star

I went in today and discovered they actually do make a size 6! I don't think it's in everything but I definitely saw 6's in some items.

front row

^ they do size 6's in jeans, and the 'basics' like vest tops, etc, at least in mine they do.

15-04-2011
front row

Yes, but never in stuff i need a 6 for, like coats

here's hoping for more soon!

Also, regarding recent discussion about their items seeming a bit small, I find that a lot of them really slacken with use. A few pairs of pants and tops that I've purchased this past year have started out kind of tight but after a few wears...expanded.

30-05-2011
trendsetter

I'm going to London soon, and I've never been to Primark before but now I'm all excited. There is this blogger I follow that loves her Primark stuff and I'm so eager to check it out myself . Is the Oxford street store any good? And is there more than one Primark in London?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
<3, lovers, primark