How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-05-2011
scenester

The Oxford Street store is good, has plenty of stuff but go as early as you can. I try to go before 11 otherwise there is too many people and it's a mess, people also seem to think it's okay to leave their buggy's in the middle of the shop etc etc. I get stressed easily around people though so you might be okay.

There are other Primarks in London- not really central though, Hammersmith might be the next closest but it's probably easier to just go for the Oxford Street one.

30-05-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleurDeLys View Post
I'm going to London soon, and I've never been to Primark before but now I'm all excited. There is this blogger I follow that loves her Primark stuff and I'm so eager to check it out myself . Is the Oxford street store any good? And is there more than one Primark in London?
Oxford St. Primark is CHAOS. I'm from North England so I've only been a couple of times but compared to the equally big stores in Manchester and Liverpool I hate it! You've got to have a lot of patience, especially if you want to try something on since the queues are massive. I would suggest going for when it opens if you can as it's probably a lot quieter early on.

trendsetter

Thanks a lot girls! I'll go to the Oxford st. Falsecontender, I'm just like you, I get stressed easily too. I'm get very stressed with people who block the way but I really want to check out the cheap clothes. So I'll make sure to be there at 8.30 .
How is their return policy? Maybe If I really don't want to wait I can just try it on at my hotel and return/exchange it for another size.

31-05-2011
scenester

The return policy is great, they're usually are quick and don't ask questions but the queues are hell because people are usually exchanging and buying more stuff. The customer service tills are separate from the other tills.
I usually try stuff on in store, like on the shop floor but the queues for changing rooms shouldn't be too bad early on so I would risk it, better than having to go back and stand in a queue anyway.

04-06-2011
scenester

Oxford St is GREAT when they open. Less queues, and no crazy people throwing things around the floor. I am a glutton for organisation!

backstage pass

Found a pair of denim shorts for a fiver yesterday

rising star

Bought set of panties in primark and they are fallen apart after just one month (hand-washed!!). I know the price is very low, but I feel like throwing my money that way.
Posted via Mobile Device

19-05-2012
V.I.P.

how is the quality of primark-items?

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by myown View Post
how is the quality of primark-items?
On the whole, not good. It's hit and miss, I have items that've lasted for years but other stuff falls apart quickly. Never had a problem with accessories or clothes but as someone said before the underwear is pretty terrible.

in the mood for love

I'm loving their ultra soft super skinny jeans. They come in a variety of colours and fit me great! Just got the dark teal ones and if they don't fall apart after washing, I'll definitely be buying more!

Their towels are pretty great too.

backstage pass

Got some owl gloves for £2 yesterday, absolute bargain.. especially when Accessorize charge £12.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
<3, lovers, primark