How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-05-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci_mama
.. and children are used for buying cheap trendy things it's all good, right!!?
A huge number of companies have sweat shops the only difference is Primark would have a lower mark up price.

10-05-2007
front row

i love how the younger set calls primark primarni because of how well the copy

26-04-2008
tfs star

I love Primark! However, i think that the quality of the clothes has really gone downhill. Its hit or miss whether the zips break and the seams come undone. It annoys me because sometimes they really do have some lovely things! At times, i love it and other times i really cant stand to be in there

26-04-2008
scenester

I didn't know what Primark was but I was in London last weekend and now I definitely know. Everyone had Primark bags. I bought a nice skirt for 8 pounds, but then I had to get out to get some fresh air. Cheap place though.

05-06-2008
rising star

i have had a bit of a splurge in primarche (as i call it) in the last few weeks.. this is what i got..

bag 1pound down from 3 and shoes 12 pounds

some better, less blurry pics
the shoes are more like this than the last pic and also have a motled, vintagey finish!
love the lining! was sooo tempted to get the grey ones as well

bag of joy..

some more bags..

floral bowling bag with added ribbon and badge - 6pounds
flowery bag that i use for my mp3 player and earphones 2pounds i think??
oversized clutch 6 quid

i saw this coat AGES ago - maybe new years eve in fact in the oxford street store but they only had a size 8 for some reasons over 6months later they have it at my local store?? love it 15quid

close up

"leather jacket" 8 pounds

and little house on the prary dress 8pounds.. will wear it out to town with new brown bag and shoes.. also have an amazing purple cardigan which will be so cute with it!!

its actually a darker blue than this but oh well.. close up

also got some earrings and a necklace but couldnt be bothered to post them. i love primark - where else would you be able to get all these things for under sixty pounds? its disposible fashion at an affordable price which is brilliant as styles seem to come in and out of fashion SO fast these days.. we are constantly in undated with the next "it" "cool" thing we "must have" ugh.

and while i dont agree with it, there is a good chance that primark use sweat shops and do not treat the people who make these clothes in a decent manner. however those who defend other high street stores are foolish. i work for h&m and recently had to watch a video on how ethical and great their factories are.. it was pretty non believible. i dont think standards in these places get checked reguarly nor are they controlled. and sorry but as somebody who earns 6.20 an hour as a student i do not have the money to afford goods that are hopefully made in a fair enviroment. its harsh but true.

Last edited by modern_romance; 05-06-2008 at 01:46 PM.
05-06-2008
tfs star

the brown boots are cute. good buy

06-06-2008
backstage pass

I have tons of pajamas from there and the MOST comfortable slipper/sock things. I did buy a few t-shirts and dresses, but the quality was awful. I guess that's whats to be expected when it's that cheap.

Oh but I did get some bangles as well, and they're actually not bad at all. They're perfect for me because I lose stuff like that all the time.

tfs star

I am scared of the people in primark, Leeds. They will do anything to get to that last 3 pound dress! Hehe. I never find anything so I don't really go, but last time I got some great gladiator sandlas, a snakeskin skinny belt and a huge gold chain. Woop

25-06-2008
fashion insider

I have a love/hate relationship with Primark. Hate it for the ethical issues obviously + also for the fact that it's riddled with chavs and also some realllly tacky clothes. I occasionally see an amazing item but then it becomes something that EVERYONE has so it's not so good anymore :/

25-08-2008
backstage pass

I bought some skinny jeans there and they're great. For a tenner, you can find so much garments haha.
I love the store on Oxford Circus, it's insane !

ps: Primark for girls is great, for guys it sucks

25-08-2008
V.I.P.

^ my sister has some of those jeans...they are in really bad condition after only one wash and crease really easily :\

front row

I brought a great green coat from there yesterday its a 'festival coat' as I would call it kinda like a famers jacket rolled up selves lots of pockets 13 quid wayyheyy I love it

V.I.P.

I have some primark jeans that were only £8.. yet everywere i go people keep complimenting the cut etc on them they are only dark indigo skinnys but seriously it was like they were made for me .. ok so the legs are super long =(

ive love being complimented on something and then telling them its from primark the shock on their faces is hallereous

26-08-2008
V.I.P.

Primark is so cheap and chic. While there are a lot of ugly stuff in the shop, it's balanced out by the good! The very good!

fashion icon

It's good for cheap basics,tee-shirts,shirts,and stuff. I have a few shirts which aren't too bad quality-wise. But sometimes something is so obviously primark,i.e a distinctive print or dress that I wish Primark never exsisted,everyone wears it

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
<3, lovers, primark