How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-07-2009
backstage pass

can anyone tell me if they have any good ankle boots in at the moment? im in need of a new pair but can't afford any from topshop or anything like that. we dont have a primark where i live but me and a friend are travelling to one on thursday so i would love it if anyone could know what kinda shoes they have just now, thankies!

22-07-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeistiffanyblu View Post
i find that the tills in the mens section is a lot better to queue at than downstairs, it just seems to move quicker.

more than the tills i think its the lack of changing rooms...whenever i am in there and see that huge line of people waiting to just try on a skirt or something i just get discouraged and leave.
ahh thanks for the tip!

I get highly irritated with the changing rooms too- i figure ITS A £12 SKIRT PEOPLE! BUY IT THEN TAKE IT BACK TO YOUR LOCAL STORE WHERE IT ISN'T CRAZY BUSY!! grrr!

How much are the primark straight leg jeans at the mo? want really dark ones!

Last edited by FashionGirl87; 22-07-2009 at 02:36 AM. Reason: i was an idiot and typoed!
22-07-2009
fashion elite

no problem! its probably because men dont buy such huge bulks of stuff so their tills have higher turn over...or you never know there maybe a million people reading this and lol soon it will be a huge queue for the mens!

yeah or with skirts just pull it up on top ofwhatever you are wearing and try to get an idea of how it looks...its £12 like you said so as long as the fit is decent..just go for it..and if not happy return it..

22-07-2009
fashion insider

I just bought a cool shirt there

Last edited by unknownLady; 22-07-2009 at 05:27 PM.
24-07-2009
rising star

I want the £3 BALLET PUMPS!

24-07-2009
backstage pass

ok i went the yesterday and it sucked, LOL.

25-07-2009
rising star

Oh me too- just got basic tops and now wish i'd got the 10's and not the 8's..Oh well, guess they'll strech out after i've thrown them in the wash,lol. Didn't have any dark rinse skinny jeans in either..: (

25-07-2009
don't look down

I love the place for their flat shoes, because I walk everywhere and so it's better for me to pay £4 and not £40 for a pair that'll wear out in a few months' time regardless of where I bought them. The range is cheap and cheerful and when they finally fall apart, I salvage what I can - laces, leather, sequins etc - for arty projects.

However, I find the £1 belts are a false economy, because they tend to break off, or the surface material peels after relatively few outings. Then they get recycled for straps or bracelets.

As for clothes, I bought a winter coat, which had a nice 1940's shape, but I haven't bought anything else recently, I wouldn't expect any of it to have a flattering fit because it's made on such a mass scale.

Last edited by tigerrouge; 25-07-2009 at 03:40 PM.
26-07-2009
windowshopping

I buy my tights here! They're so cheap and the quality is pretty good as well! Screw AA with their overpriced ones...

27-07-2009
trendsetter

For all of you Primark lovers, here is a sneak preview at the A/W '09 Collection

Images myfashionflirt.blogspot.com

These pieces are due in store mid September

27-07-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by beduina View Post
For all of you Primark lovers, here is a sneak preview at the A/W '09 Collection
*Please do not quote the images!*
Images myfashionflirt.blogspot.com

These pieces are due in store mid September
Ridiculous!

Not meaning to sound snobby as they're an excellent translation of the f/w catwalk trends, sure they look nice in the advert but the quality will suck. I hate how the popular pieces in Primark are worn by everyone, individualism means nothing to the brand. Fair enough, as it's not expensive by any means, but it just makes me sigh. Anyway, rant over.

Last edited by Legyviel; 27-07-2009 at 11:10 AM.
29-07-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by StotheL View Post
Not meaning to sound snobby as they're an excellent translation of the f/w catwalk trends, sure they look nice in the advert but the quality will suck. I hate how the popular pieces in Primark are worn by everyone, individualism means nothing to the brand. Fair enough, as it's not expensive by any means, but it just makes me sigh. Anyway, rant over.
Yes I agree with you on the quality, my items from there break and come apart quite easily.

Also I agree about the popular peices being worn by everyone. I remeber when I bought a pattern bag, everyone had one. Ah If only I have realised what a mistake I was making. Anyway after a few months it broke and is now wrapped up in cellotape at the handles.

I did like the leather jackets and considered buying one for a while but everyone had one and so did my friend so that's what made me not buy it!

I still would buy clothes from there cause it's pretty cheap and I am only on a student budget. And actually I even buy from ASDA. But I have found that the quality is a little better than another of my tops. I bought a v-neck top because I love them and sinc it's ASDA no-one I know wears it! Result!

front row

Primark is the one shop that to me is never even slightly empty, no matter what time of the day you go there and the queues to try things on always amaze me .
I only ever run in there when I need tights and some plain tank tops - for 98p i can not expect much, but i will say that some of my tanks have changed size and shape much quicker than others.

I have to agree with you guys ^ I never buy any other items of clothing there, not only for the fact that the quality/materials is not worth it, but it is sort of boring to see so many ladies wearing the same clothes.

I would also say that when I think of Primark clothes I am automatically drawn to the idea of 'disposable clothing', which to me is not a great thing. But each to their own, I know it can be good for a student budget and when you can take apart some of the pieces to create new garments.

05-10-2009
windowshopping

I want to see pictures!

09-10-2009
rock-chic

I don't find the quality that bad. I've spent a load more on things that are of far worse quality. I buy most of my work clothes from Primark, mostly jeans and long tops and they wash and last well. I also love their skinny jeans as for me the fit is brilliant. I get them in black and they wash really well, haven't faded or gone baggy at the knees like I have found with other (more expensive) brands.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
<3, lovers, primark