How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-05-2006
windowshopping

Primark Lovers <3
...this thread kinda speaks for itself, the shop is bloody wonderful, lets all get together and discuss it's wonderfullness.....purchases, views, whatever !!

20-05-2006
V.I.P.

I bought a millitery jacket from there probally a year and a a bit ago now got quite a few wears out of it .. it was a a bargain at £12 but then a few months later everyone was wearing them so i threw it out .. the buttons were falling off as well lol. but for £12 its so cheap.. makes me wonder if its effical ? i had horible thorts of some kid making it =[

20-05-2006
V.I.P.

I bought a £5 grey hoodie, and its my favourite [cant think of the word...I mean the clothes you wear for around the house and stuff] top

*EDIT: I bought a £5 grey hoodie, and its my favourite lounge wear top

Last edited by Ceptuouse; 20-05-2006 at 01:14 PM.
20-05-2006
V.I.P.

^^ i just call it lounge wear .. i ahve loads of clothes like that .. wouldnt be seen dead in them outside the house lol

20-05-2006
kabhi alvida

God I went there today. It's great. I'll post some pics later. Just leggings and dress tees, but still-so cheap. And as long as you stick to certain items, you can't tell.

scenester

The £2 and £3 plain 100% cotton t-shirts are great at the price you can get one in every colour socks are fabby aswell

21-05-2006
front row

how is primark so cheap? Why? Do u think they operate sweatshops in some third-world country???

21-05-2006
V.I.P.

This is quite possibly the oddest thing I've bought in Primark. I usually only go to Primark for basics like T-shirts, leggings and the like but then I spotted this in the sale rack for 2 POUNDS! Everytime I wear it, people always ask what designer it is because it looks like some edgy designer deconstructed three t-shirts and racerbacks to make this dress. When I tell them it's Primark, they grab the label at the back because they think I'm lying!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG2709.JPG (52.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG2712.JPG (52.4 KB, 27 views)

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
21-05-2006
V.I.P.

^ Thats gorgeous susie...I certainly cant imagine it being from Primarks though!

21-05-2006
windowshopping

haha. wow. that dress is stunning, what a find. i love primark jewellery too, some of the stuff is hard to tell the difference from Topshop. amazing.

22-05-2006
V.I.P.

What is Primark? A competitor to H&M? Or a superstore that sells everything, from dishwashers to deconstructed RTW?

And why is it so cheap?

22-05-2006
V.I.P.

^Primark is a bit like Target except it just sells clothes. In recent years, fashion magazines like Vogue have been declaring certain Primark items to be must haves so it has risen in profile. It is the bottom of the British high street market though - prices much cheaper than H&M yet the quality is comparable. I don't even want to think about how they get their clothes so cheap - sweatshops all over the globe? It has defended its manufacturing ethics though in the press many many times so who is to say?

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
23-05-2006
Frozen irony.

Am I the only one that don't like Primark? I really can't stand it..

24-05-2006
rising star

It can be a bit of a jumble sale, and sometimes its a bit pants....but I find a lot of really nice cheap shoes in there. Got some hugely comfy silver ballet flats for £5, and some ankle strap brown peeptoe wedges for £6 last week.

French knickers for £2 each, gel padded bras for £5 :p

I get a lot of work clothes from there, combats and long tshirts and vests, even if they only last you a couple of months its no biggie because they're so cheap and cheerful.

24-05-2006
backstage pass

Some Primarks resemble a flee market but they're good for items you don't plan to wear to much, everyone keeps mentioning their ballet flats I'll have to check them out! I personally love their PJs and socks!

Tags
<3, lovers, primark