How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-10-2009
rising star

levi's extreme skinny in the black wash ... completely faded to an awful grey colour in one wash

05-10-2009
backstage pass

Stradivarius.

05-10-2009
tfs star

^the violin??
prada: historically very poor quality

05-10-2009
In Bloom

Acne. Bought a skirt that just fell apart before I even got to wear it. It went back.

we were in love

06-10-2009
THE STRANGER

^That reminds me, Mango again! A white skirt that semi-fell apart before I was going to wear it. Had it returned and exchanged and the same thing happened again. It was such a cute skirt though, so I just sewed back the parts that fell out.

16-12-2013
front row

J.Crew. I love their things, but so many of my J.Crew blouses and tees have ended up with holes in them.

28-01-2014
flaunt the imperfection

i find that it pays to check the labels and see where things are made...

many companies have varying quality due to having things made in different factories around the world...
so i find that quality and even sizing can vary within one brand if they are not paying close attention during the production process...
this was not the case in earlier years, so 'vintage' tends to be more consistent in terms of sizing and quality...

most of my clothing from the eighties has held up while some things from more recent years from places like zara do not...

even a coat from zara in the 90's looks better than some zara pants from a couple of years ago...

this means that i usually take it item by item and assume nothing...

13-02-2014
windowshopping

Not happy with Mytheresa.com's service for Saint Laurent Petit Cabas
I ended up buying Saint Laurent Petite Cabas bag in black from Mytheresa.com. The bag had a deep scratch on the metal base of the bag and some light scratches on the exterior leather. I emailed Mytheresa.com and arranged for an exchange of the bag which their customer service assured that another bag has been put aside for me to be exchanged.

I sent the bag back and get an email from Mytheresa this morning advising me that they have received the bag but they can no longer do an exchange for me. And if I want a new bag I will have to put in another order! That was it, no explanation as to why the bag was no longer available for exchange and to make matters worse, the bag is only available to me as a new order.

But I paid almost $400 in tax, duty and shipping and those aren't refundable!

I emailed Mytheresa.com and let them know that if they no longer can do an exchange then they should refund the whole amount including tax, duty and shipping because they are not standing by their word and policy. I could understand if the bag was no longer available in stock but if they have one for me to purchase as a new order, then they must have one available for exchange!! I am really disappointed by the service. Has anyone had similar experience? if so, did you get the tax, duty and shipping back? This is really poor service from Mytheresa.com. I went on the facebook to put in a complaint, no one has gotten back to me yet but it's early yet.

I hope they fix this bungle or refund me the whole amount. I find it unfair and incomprehensible that I should lose $400 because Mytheresa.com feels like it on a whim. Thanks for listening and let me know if you had similar experience.

Last edited by Melona; 13-02-2014 at 12:44 AM.
13-02-2014
windowshopping

OK, I spoke with Mytheresa.com. Apparently, there was a mix up in email communication and I have been advised that an exchange bag has been mailed out to me. So fingeres crossed, it's all clear sailing from here on.

17-02-2014
windowshopping

Firetrap used to be great until they were bought out by sports direct. Now I'm not too sure, but I think might be using cheaper materials

17-02-2014
girl who fell to earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melona View Post
OK, I spoke with Mytheresa.com. Apparently, there was a mix up in email communication and I have been advised that an exchange bag has been mailed out to me. So fingeres crossed, it's all clear sailing from here on.
Let us know how it all turns out when your replacement bag arrives!

01-07-2014
rising star

Authentic Watches
I just wanted to give people a heads up on buying watches online as I got burned ....

I bought an expensive watch for my husband and thought I could get him a slighter nicer one for the same money online from the US.

The watch arrived and looked perfect and authentic. Reviews of Authentic Watches online are good.... for when the watch first arrives. After a few months it sounds like most stop working.

No problem they have a long warrantee.... I sent it to them in March and am still waiting for a response as to where the watch is!

01-07-2014
fashion elite

^How annoying! Hope for you they solve it soon.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
authentic, brands, cabas, disappoint, happy, issues, laurent, mytheresacom, petit, quality, saint, service, watches