Quality Issues - What Brands Disappoint You? - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-12-2015
front row

when I checked Marni in store in real I was super disappointed buy price tag and polyester type material. cause I was obsessed wth marni before. I was also disappointed by burberry bags when I checked them in store.

05-12-2015
#Resist

^ Marni isn't really me, but I do have a sweater, which is very nice quality and totally unique as well. I thought the price was reasonable.

14-03-2016
backstage pass

dries van noten isn't top notch pricing but still the quality often doesn't match up, sad, given that the designs are always great, but they really don't last very well.

carven is another one.

fall winter jackets are fine for me so far, but spring summer clothing's often almost rip apart after one season, and i take care of my clothes in general, dry clean and all that.

on the contrary, dsquared has pretty good quality, even t shirts i can simply throw into washing machine, dryer and they hold up pretty well.
margiela from before also.

14-03-2016
#Resist

^ I can't remember anything of mine ever ripping apart after only one season! As in not in my whole life. The last thing I was disappointed in was an Elie Tahari sweatshirt T that pilled like mad.

I don't own much Dries ... just a pair of pants and a pair of shoes I think. The shoes have lasted very well, but the beads are finished in silver, which develops a patina--I'm sure that was deliberate. They're easy enough to polish on shoes if I want--wouldn't have been easy if I'd bought the silk scarf (more like impossible). The pants, I was a bit disappointed in the fabric because it wrinkles easily, but I bought them ~2008 and still have them. The fabric has lost some of its body.

I will say that I've noticed cost-cutting measures at Lanvin where materials are concerned. Their silk and lambskin both used to be absolutely luscious. Now silk blouses are hard to come by ... last I bought was rayon/acetate. And the lambskin is a completely different texture, not soft yet tough like it used to be. As of now, no longer a problem for me

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 14-03-2016 at 06:34 PM.
14-03-2016
trendsetter

My Alexander Wang Rockie bag is falling apart after 2 years. Not happy about that in the least. I checked their site and they have a 1 year warranty.

Might need to resort back to Coach Bags and their lifetime warranty. (If that still exists.)

14-03-2016
#Resist

Dooney & Bourke used to have a lifetime warranty ... which amounted to 50% off your next bag, wallet, etc. Not a bad deal ... too bad they're not more exciting.

15-03-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetements View Post
dries van noten isn't top notch pricing but still the quality often doesn't match up, sad, given that the designs are always great, but they really don't last very well.
I noticed the same. The designs are often great but the quality isn't top notch unfortunately.

backstage pass

fashionista-ta,

happy for you your lanvin is still in good condition, lanvin is very highly priced i always thought they should better stay the way it is..even t shirts are in the range of the top range high fashion as it is..

nymphea,
yeah, my sentiments exactly

26-07-2016
V.I.P.

Blazer from Roberto Cavalli: the pockets don't match the print good enough and for 1650 Euro I expect better.

robertocavalli

fashion insider

I came across an article on Business of Fashion yesterday where Angelo Flaccavento mentions:

Quote:
I was quite surprised on a recent visit to a boutique at how Gucci’s collections, for instance, are designed to resonate visually, but feel quite rough to the touch.
One of my own bad experiences, albeit a non-designer one, is with ASOS. I got a lot of positive reviews by friends and bought a longline cardigan which turned to sh*t after the first wash. As a contrast, I've had this same-priced cotton cardigan from H&M for five years now and it still looks like new after countless wears and washes - even though a lot of people have complained about H&M's quality. So I guess it really depends on what you're buying and not so much the brand itself.

V.I.P.

A few months ago I also saw that Gucci's quality is declining. A ruffle on a blazer wasn't perfectly straight, the platform pumps with layering in the sole weren't even and a lace dress looked like very cheap fabric.

fashion insider

Anybody remember Cloak? That label's long-gone now, but in its prime, over 10 years ago, those 2 guys couldn't master simple buttons if their lives depended on it. Sad, because the designs themselves were great (the best mens line from America IMO) but the quality just did not match. Feeling..nostalgic.

19-03-2017
fashion insider

Anybody remember Cloak? That label's long-gone now, but in its prime, over 10 years ago, those 2 guys couldn't master simple buttons if their lives depended on it. Sad, because the designs themselves were great (the best mens line from America IMO) but the quality just did not match. Feeling..nostalgic.

19-03-2017
#Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphaea View Post
Blazer from Roberto Cavalli: the pockets don't match the print good enough and for 1650 Euro I expect better.

robertocavalli
You can see they planned for it to match, but then it's just that little bit off

Save

20-03-2017
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliaapple View Post
My Alexander Wang Rockie bag is falling apart after 2 years. Not happy about that in the least. I checked their site and they have a 1 year warranty.

Might need to resort back to Coach Bags and their lifetime warranty. (If that still exists.)
Wang does use pretty bad quality leather, my leather back pack became grimy/ slimy after like a few uses, for that price it's unforgivable

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brands, disappoint, issues, quality