How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-09-2004
flaunt the imperfection..

Reiss
this weekend while shopping on West Bdwy.,..i saw that they are building a branch of the English chain in NYC...the sign said it is their first branch in the US...

i don't remember when it said it will open...i think it said in the spring...

fyi...

20-09-2004
Swim Upstream

well enjoy - some of it is nice but I find it really repetitive every season. Its quite formulaic. They do good suits for work at ok prices. I bought a black batwing jumper there last week. Nice party dresses too. The colours for winter are dodge this year I think. insipid.

11-11-2004
V.I.P.

Heh, I was just going to post this! It's a good thing I searched. Take note, n00bs, search is useful

11-11-2004

i'm on it baby...

11-11-2004
backstage pass

Thanks for the info...I'm not familar with the store so I googled it and according to the website, the NY store will open in Feb 2005 and carry both mens and womens...

http://www.reiss.co.uk/reiss.html

They have some interesting looks, it's not too expensive..seems to be around the Club Monaco/BR price range, which isn't bad at all...I was expecting it to be a bit pricier if its on West Broadway...I like what I see.....

How's the quality and fit and most importantly sales....thanks for the update Soft...another reason for me to come downtown more often....

12-11-2004
trendsetter

I like reiss I have a few pieces from there, and they are really good, nice quality and i think the price is reasonable.

I agree that it can be pretty repetative though, but still there are some lovely things at good prices so its always worth a browse

Enjoy Reiss in New York!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Theory@Nov 11 2004, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the info...I'm not familar with the store so I googled it and according to the website, the NY store will open in Feb 2005 and carry both mens and womens...

http://www.reiss.co.uk/reiss.html

They have some interesting looks, it's not too expensive..seems to be around the Club Monaco/BR price range, which isn't bad at all...I was expecting it to be a bit pricier if its on West Broadway...I like what I see.....
How's the quality and fit and most importantly sales....thanks for the update Soft...another reason for me to come downtown more often....
[snapback]427966[/snapback]
Theory, have you been on W.Bway lately? Save for Alberta Ferretti, there is not a single high end store there - it's all tourist oriented mid level garbage (Coach, French Connection, Hilfiger, Polo, Diesel, etc.). Bagutta moved. Rene Lezard closed a long time ago. The only store that's left walking into for me is Tootsi. It's the mid and cheap stores that make most of the money. Just look at Jones Apparel that just bought Barneys for $400 mil.

12-11-2004
backstage pass

Oh that is true, I didn't mean W Bway was high end, but its higher end than Broadway where Armani Exchange, Club Monaco, Aldo, Ken Cole, Pottery Barn and whatever other mall chain everyone seems to like dominates. Crowds are thinner on WBway and stores like Kerquelen, Tootsi, Diesel StyleLab, Emporio Armani, D&G, DKNY, Add, Bodyhints....its just a step above Broadway which is why I was thinking in may be in a bit higher price range...I just cannot stand Broadway at alll

I have yet to check out the new Bagutta store.....that was a major loss for the street....also a bunch of stores on WBway

Quote:
Originally posted by faust@Nov 12 2004, 11:28 AM
Theory, have you been on W.Bway lately? Save for Alberta Ferretti, there is not a single high end store there - it's all tourist oriented mid level garbage (Coach, French Connection, Hilfiger, Polo, Diesel, etc.). Bagutta moved. Rene Lezard closed a long time ago. The only store that's left walking into for me is Tootsi. It's the mid and cheap stores that make most of the money. Just look at Jones Apparel that just bought Barneys for $400 mil.
[snapback]428666[/snapback]

12-11-2004

true theory...just an fyi...i think kerquelen closed two yrs ago...
ps...i like reiss...and got 5 things there when i was in london recently...including two prs of shoes...
it's not cheap...but it looks more expensive than it is...which is what i like about it...mixed with designer, no one can tell which is which...

13-11-2004
backstage pass

That shows how long its been since I have been down in the trenches of Soho....I had no clue they closed! Thanks Soft....I look forward to this Reiss store and I completely agree with you about mixing with designers.....

23-03-2005

Reiss opens in NYC
Monday, March 21, 2005
Reiss: Quality Over Quantity
By Sharon Edelson

NEW YORK — From the fiberoptic chandelier in its new 5,000-square-foot store here, to the distinctive styling of its fashion, there’s nothing cookie-cutter about Reiss.
Unlike other foreign chains that are trying to conquer the U.S., such as H&M and Zara, Reiss doesn’t have hundreds of stores. The retailer operates a modest 32 doors, most of them in the U.K.
“We’re a niche player,” said David Reiss, the company’s founder. “I’ve always felt there was a gap in the market for what we’re doing.”
the store at 387 West Broadway in SoHo, officially opens March 30, ...He defines the brand as designer-led fashion at bridge prices....
“Our product isn’t derivative,” he said. “The inspiration doesn’t come from the catwalks.” Instead, the company’s design team looks at vintage clothing, for example, for ideas.

Designers emphasize luxury fabrics such as cashmere and Italian wovens. With five key deliveries each season and new product arriving weekly...Rather than displaying clothes by classification, the company organizes clothing by color story,
The store’s decor, which uses materials culled from around the world, feels exotic without conjuring a specific place. Chandeliers were manufactured in China and assembled in the U.K. The metallic wallpaper used in the dressing rooms is from Australia.
“Everything is bespoke and custom-designed by us,” said Borrien Hopley, director of D-raw Assoc., which designed the store. Brick walls were left exposed but softened with hanging glass screens printed with scenes from the Reiss ad campaign. Floors are made of shredded and reprocessed wood and display tables and the cash wrap is tinted Perspex plastic lit from below.

David Reiss founded the Oliver shirt manufacturing company in 1970 and opened the first Reiss men’s store in London’s Bishopsgate in 1975 at the height of the “Mod look.” In 1980, a Reiss flagship opened on Kings Road in London. The women’s wear collection launched in 2000.

27-03-2005
blue

sounds good!
has anyone been to the store yet?

oh nevermind they are not open yet

it is open though...just not 'officially'..
faust and i stopped by last week...i really like it..!!

03-04-2005
fie
scenester

Reiss do you like it.
Hey
I was just wondering if anyone here like Reiss clothes, we have so many of these shops in London, any I belive there is one in NY too.

www.reiss.co.uk

03-04-2005
V.I.P.

Hopefully they'll make their way to the west coast. I like what I see.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
reiss