Rick Owens #2 - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
31-07-2011
scenester

Great jacket! I believe the pointy arm was from A/W 2009.

rising star

Thank you! I thought that was the case, but I wasn't sure

02-09-2011
V.I.P.

is anyone else loving the new style wedge boots as much as i am? although i can appreciate the extreme ones, inspired by the work of sculptor Constantin Bracusi, the ones i am gushing over are the simpler version with the panels (or speed bumps as i like to call them).
the wedge height is 120mm which is manageable and just the slightest bit more umpf than the 110's but not nearly as high as the 140's.

one more question, does anyone have the 140's and actually wear them successfully as everyday shoes or are they that uncomfortable?

since this is a rick owens shopping thread, i'd like to mention that this seems to be my current collection of desirable staples. lilies with angora in them are really going to make fall and winter tolerable and the colors are bittersweet.

Last edited by luckyme; 02-09-2011 at 12:05 PM.
02-09-2011
rising star

I would really love to see this season's boots in person. I love the extreme bump wedges, but I do think the simple speed bumps are possibly more appropriate (but since when did that matter?!). They remind me of those cute little armadillos. I've also fallen in love with the black distressed suede low wedge boots. The texture gives them a lot more character than the regular smooth leather wedges have.

I was really disappointed with one of the Lillies dresses I bought, a fabric of a mix I can't remember off the top of my head. But the first time I wore it the fabric pilled hardcore. So if anyone's had more favourable experiences please share! It's put me off from buying anymore lillies pieces.

But out of everything, I just really want one of those fur halo hats from F/W 2009.

V.I.P.

my secret is only by lilies with the angora, its soft and not pilling. the rayon mix sucks.

i spoke with a fella at the owens store and he said the distressed suede were beautiful and that they will distress more with wear, on purpose of course. seems like many options this season for all tastes and expectations.

03-09-2011
V.I.P.

I have the 140's and I definitely wouldn't wear them everyday...and yes I have tripped in them but after a few wears they are fine to walk in!

04-09-2011
V.I.P.

lemeray, who can resist a true life experience like that! so funny...

Last edited by luckyme; 15-11-2011 at 08:07 PM.
15-11-2011
rising star

Has anyone tried on one of the pillbox jackets? I'm curious as to how flattering they are on your shoulders.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, owens, rick