How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baklanyc
You can see it in Jeffrey - they had it in the other week. It's quite nice. And quite pricey.
Oh, so it's from the new season? I'll have to check that out in person. Thanks.

27-01-2006
test pattern

oh damn, i totally love that jacket... now i need one for myself!

27-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinor1z
That leather jacket is NICE!

I wonder if Bilzerian has their Rick Owens on sale since they're discontinuing?

It really is about the label. It's obnoxious to have the place set up the way it is right now. I'm always asking where things are. I don't have the kind of money to buy blindly and I'm brand-loyal. I like it when things are organized nicely so I can go in and see what I want to.

I do understand where he's coming from though. Mixing brands and styles that are similar so you can expand, but perhaps he should just put those racks next to each other instead of mixing in his dirk bikkembergs with his adidas tees hahaha
they fold all the RO's clothes and put them on the shelves, so I have to ask for them if I look for anything. They also lied to me that the smallest size is 42 in Rick's design as if I know nothing about this designer it was disgusting.

27-01-2006
kLm
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine
they fold all the RO's clothes and put them on the shelves, so I have to ask for them if I look for anything. They also lied to me that the smallest size is 42 in Rick's design as if I know nothing about this designer :yuk: it was disgusting. :angry:
Hey, I warned you about them a while ago... they aren't always on the level there! ;)

Just wait till you've been shopping there a few seasons and suddenly for next F/W there is stuff on the shelves for full-price from... last season! Because it isn't about the labels, it is about the clothes, man!

Also, they cut out the designer tags on all their clothes and measure themselves to find the "true" size and that is what goes on the Bilzerian tag--that's what they say, at least.

27-01-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by battles
oh damn, i totally love that jacket... now i need one for myself!
me too...Can't get it but!!!!

27-01-2006
backstage pass

So I stopped by Bilzerian's yesterday to check out their RO. It's pretty much all the darkshadow jeans in small or super huge sizes. They had some interesting sweatpants type things that had cool metal details on the waist but elastic cuffs on the legs which were hilariously gross.

The prices of the jeans were reasonable on sale... $180 or so. The quality and construction was very nice as well.

I too don't like their weird pricing system. They have a sale, and what doesn't sell during the sale goes back up to full price hahaha. I've seen McQueen stuff there from a couple seasons back at full price.

Does anyone actually buy Bilzerian's own clothing line? I'd be hard pressed to buy something like that for those prices....

27-01-2006
front row

so which one should I buy? the rick owen jacket from previous page or this one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BGM004E_mp.jpg (35.9 KB, 15 views)

27-01-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinor1z
So I stopped by Bilzerian's yesterday to check out their RO. It's pretty much all the darkshadow jeans in small or super huge sizes. They had some interesting sweatpants type things that had cool metal details on the waist but elastic cuffs on the legs which were hilariously gross.

The prices of the jeans were reasonable on sale... $180 or so. The quality and construction was very nice as well.

I too don't like their weird pricing system. They have a sale, and what doesn't sell during the sale goes back up to full price hahaha. I've seen McQueen stuff there from a couple seasons back at full price.

Does anyone actually buy Bilzerian's own clothing line? I'd be hard pressed to buy something like that for those prices....
Albert... when Maxfield goes on sale.. they don't even label they are selling... The sales guy don't even tell you unless you have splurged with them before...!!

I am sure that is the same with Bilzerian... for some reason... it seems to be happening alot... I have seen Riccardi does the same... that past season go back to full price after sale. AND further more.. I found that Riccardi prefer to just keep their stock if they don't sell at 50% off even if it is 10 years old stock..

27-01-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionn26
Albert... when Maxfield goes on sale.. they don't even label they are selling... The sales guy don't even tell you unless you have splurged with them before...!!
That's really retarded. I hate stores like that.

27-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kLm
Hey, I warned you about them a while ago... they aren't always on the level there!

Just wait till you've been shopping there a few seasons and suddenly for next F/W there is stuff on the shelves for full-price from... last season! Because it isn't about the labels, it is about the clothes, man!

Also, they cut out the designer tags on all their clothes and measure themselves to find the "true" size and that is what goes on the Bilzerian tag--that's what they say, at least.
I remembered what you told me so I shop there with a lot of caution. I also saw some Y's stuff there from seasons ago with full price and then marked down to 30% off
They seemed to justify the way they do business, but hey, there are better vendors there and people do not have to shop everything there. They are hurting their own business.

27-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionn26

I am sure that is the same with Bilzerian... for some reason... it seems to be happening alot... I have seen Riccardi does the same... that past season go back to full price after sale. AND further more.. I found that Riccardi prefer to just keep their stock if they don't sell at 50% off even if it is 10 years old stock..
yeah. I remember seeing some old CDG stuff there...at full price

28-01-2006
front row

I know that Kirna Zabete (Soho) carries a little bit of Rick Owens, and of course NAP and luisa via roma. There is also an ebay seller with TONS of rick owens...I can't vouch for authenticity or service but it looks pretty legit.

In case anyone is interested, BCBG has total copies of Rick Owens jackets (leather ish, WITH the knit inserts in the arms in some of them ) on sale for around $200 right now...but the colors and cut are not up to snuff imo , and i am fairly sure they don't get as small as rick owens stuff does (i found BCBG XXS to be too big and i have heard that rick owens can be tiny). Then again they are pretty close for someone who just wants something with a little "Rick owens" touch.

About sizing...does anyone know what the smallest size Rick Owens comes in is? I'm trying to figure out whether to order an NAP "XXS" or whatever the smallest size is...or whether a 40'd be okay.

28-01-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by elschic111
I know that Kirna Zabete (Soho) carries a little bit of Rick Owens, and of course NAP and luisa via roma.
They all carried only womens only, no?

I am actually looking for mens

28-01-2006
front row

ohh sorry about that.

i did see that you had asked for a men's jacket in particular..but i noticed that the thread is "rick owens," and both men and women have posted, and you asked who stocks it...so i just thought i would add to the general body of knowlege..for people who don't know and who might come looking for answers about where to find rick owens....

28-01-2006
V.I.P.

...susan in san francisco...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
owens, rick