How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
24-01-2006
  1
front row
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 478
Rick Owens
So who stocks Rick Owens in USA?

I know Jeffrey, Barneys and A have it in NYC. Where else in the midwest or westcoast can I get his stuff so I can try it before I buy it...

I think Rick Owens used to be based in LA, no?

 
 
24-01-2006
  2
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California/Hong Kong
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,236
a lot at maxfield..

I think the stuff works well with Linea.

 
25-01-2006
  3
kLm
front row
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionn26
So who stocks Rick Owens in USA?

I know Jeffrey, Barneys and A have it in NYC. Where else in the midwest or westcoast can I get his stuff so I can try it before I buy it...

I think Rick Owens used to be based in LA, no?
I wouldn't be surprised if H.Lorenzo had it in LA. Rick Owens is based in Paris now. Alan Bilzerian in Boston carries him as well.

 
25-01-2006
  4
front row
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 478
I tried H Lorenzo, lisa Kline, Scott Hill and Fred Segal.. No one seem to have it...

Maxfield does carry it.. but the jacket that I am looking for they don't have it...

HELP!!!

 
25-01-2006
  5
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San Antonio
Gender: homme
Posts: 945
Bilzerian carries Rick Owens?! Man... just goes to show how POORLY organized that store is. You have no idea what is where!

 
25-01-2006
  6
front row
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 478
yeah.. but they are discontinuing it...

 
25-01-2006
  7
V.I.P.
 
faust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionn26
I tried H Lorenzo, lisa Kline, Scott Hill and Fred Segal.. No one seem to have it...

Maxfield does carry it.. but the jacket that I am looking for they don't have it...

HELP!!!
What jacket? Pic? What about Barneys on Wilshire?

 
25-01-2006
  8
kLm
front row
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinor1z
Bilzerian carries Rick Owens?! Man... just goes to show how POORLY organized that store is. You have no idea what is where!
Yeah... they try to act like it isn't about the label, it is about the clothes, which is why if you buy anything you never get the label's label (i just wanted to write that--you never get the label's tag, you get the bilzerian one). Except, in the end, it is about the label, as it always is. Anyway, In the back left, not on the suit racks but facing them, is all the dark shadow stuff, and there is some rick owens stuff there as well. Most of the pieces there have been there for a while; I don't think they picked him up this past fall, but did dark shadow instead.

 
25-01-2006
  9
front row
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
What jacket? Pic? What about Barneys on Wilshire?
They don't carry it at LA.. only NYC has it...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2266.JPG (141.1 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2267.JPG (183.7 KB, 20 views)

 
25-01-2006
  10
front row
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by kLm
Yeah... they try to act like it isn't about the label, it is about the clothes, which is why if you buy anything you never get the label's label (i just wanted to write that--you never get the label's tag, you get the bilzerian one). Except, in the end, it is about the label, as it always is. Anyway, In the back left, not on the suit racks but facing them, is all the dark shadow stuff, and there is some rick owens stuff there as well. Most of the pieces there have been there for a while; I don't think they picked him up this past fall, but did dark shadow instead.
Yeah well... Maxfield does that whatever.. I guess it works for some shops..

Yeah I called them.. and they have mostly Dark Shadow stuff.. but they are discontinuing his stuff...

 
26-01-2006
  11
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San Antonio
Gender: homme
Posts: 945
That leather jacket is NICE!

I wonder if Bilzerian has their Rick Owens on sale since they're discontinuing?

It really is about the label. It's obnoxious to have the place set up the way it is right now. I'm always asking where things are. I don't have the kind of money to buy blindly and I'm brand-loyal. I like it when things are organized nicely so I can go in and see what I want to.

I do understand where he's coming from though. Mixing brands and styles that are similar so you can expand, but perhaps he should just put those racks next to each other instead of mixing in his dirk bikkembergs with his adidas tees hahaha

 
26-01-2006
  12
kLm
front row
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinor1z
That leather jacket is NICE!

I wonder if Bilzerian has their Rick Owens on sale since they're discontinuing?
It was on sale when I was in there, but there wasn't much left.

 
26-01-2006
  13
V.I.P.
 
faust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,312
That is a beautiful jacket, ionn. I've never seen it in person though.

 
26-01-2006
  14
Yes, please
 
baklanyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,142
You can see it in Jeffrey - they had it in the other week. It's quite nice. And quite pricey.

 
26-01-2006
  15
front row
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 478
yeah.. my friend send me the pic from Europe and I love it.. Jeffery SOLD OUT of my size ....

I WANNA have it... It is pricey... $2400... worth it??? I think so... it is like flying out of the door...

 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
owens, rick
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.