How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-12-2003
Naturellement pulpeuse

I need a scarf for when I go to Russia in February. It could be -30 so no silk, wool or fur only. Any ideas on the below or any suggestions of your own?

Paul smith signature stripe

Or

Missoni (any of them really but I was thinking of that really shagalicious one, y'know
the one?)

Or

Something classical/romantic/Dante's Inferno inspired with swirls of flame and angels and things (I saw a really nice Dante's inferno swatch a few months ago and I've been thinking ever since how cool a Dante's Inferno scarf would look).

Or

Dolce & Gabbana rabbit fur stole

Or

Something you've seen?

03-12-2003
yes

missoni its fit for a prince

03-12-2003
Melody Nelson

Dolce rabbit stole

V.I.P.

MISSONI

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
03-12-2003
Naturellement pulpeuse

Could you be a bit more decisive Leyla?

I'm thinking of buying the Missoni and a black rabbit-fur stole to go with my long black overcoats.

etre soi-meme

fashion guru said it Prince, a missoni for sure

latest scarve style for guys in my part of the woods , classic English 'college' scarves with wide uneven stripes, in fresh colours. Not sure if those are you style but they seem very much 'new' here

03-12-2003
rising star

ooooh, Dolce Rabbit Scarf - will feel and look very luxurious!!!

I, myself thought about this David Cohen Rabbit "Donut Scarf" - it is a bit expensive ($220.00) - but it looks great....

(it also comes in brown)

Then there is this one (Anne Dee Goldin Fox Scarf) - which seems more reasonable (£198 - but I think fox is better than rabbit)

Oh well, enjoy and have fun

03-12-2003
no tom ford, no thanks.

i think there is nothing more quintessential than fur in a russian winter.

stylistically the missoni would absolutely make a splash...but i vote for the fur -- "when in rome..."

front row

The Dolce scarf, also keep in mind that you can find nice fur for cold weather in Russia much cheaper

04-12-2003
& b

Im dying for a Missoni scarve, Im designing my owns now, I buy preety fabrics and I sew them together... I have a hot pink silk one with Orange suede applique

Melody Nelson

How about the hermes cashmere scarf? hang on I'll find a pic...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 242025s08.jpg (36.2 KB, 2 views)

Naturellement pulpeuse

Too rococo for me. Pink doesn't really suit my style (especially not all the blacks I'm taking to Russia). As for classic English college scarves - I went to a classic English college and I don't fancy repeating the look (+ Dries Van seems to be carrying a lot of these this season and I can't afford £300+ for a scarf), thanks anyway.

I'm thinking take Dolce fur to Russia and buy the Missoni by selling off illegally imported Vodka when I get back....

Stitch:the Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by Alejandro@Dec 4th, 2003 - 2:11 am
Im dying for a Missoni scarve, Im designing my owns now, I buy preety fabrics and I sew them together... I have a hot pink silk one with Orange suede applique
Me too,Alejandro! I'm looking around thrift ships for pieces I might be able to recycle fabric(stuff that'll be able to keep me warm) from and making a sort of patchwork-ish scarf with visible stitches and fraying edges. I might even add a iron on stitch pattern character or something to give a slight naive sensability.

04-12-2003
& b

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott+Dec 4th, 2003 - 1:46 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scott @ Dec 4th, 2003 - 1:46 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alejandro@Dec 4th, 2003 - 2:11 am
Im dying for a Missoni scarve, Im designing my owns now, I buy preety fabrics and I sew them together... I have a hot pink silk one with Orange suede applique*
Me too,Alejandro! I'm looking around thrift ships for pieces I might be able to recycle fabric(stuff that'll be able to keep me warm) from and making a sort of patchwork-ish scarf with visible stitches and fraying edges. I might even add a iron on stitch pattern character or something to give a slight naive sensability. [/b][/quote]
Gorgeous Idea! I went to a thrift shop and I got this pants that were hideous, they had a very blurred paisley print with dark plum and rusty red and orange, so, I cutted them in six inches stripes and I sewed them together with purple and red velvet six inches stripes ....I think its hot

Naturellement pulpeuse

It sounds beautiful....at the moment I'm working out the best way to attach the design from 'Tournee du chat noir' to a tuxedo jacket...

Any ideas on how to do the cat's halo, as you all seem to be a dab hand with the needle?

I was thinking that maybe I should sytlise it into a single gold or silver halo.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
scarves