How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-06-2005
offline.

Cynthia Rowley slingbacks.. i took the second bow off of the strap

Brown croc slingbacks

black croc slingbacks by carlos falchi

Green vintage bag... my professors company made this bag... but he brought one like it into class as an example and i loved the closure... got lucky with one on ebay!

13-06-2005
Adorable illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9
when you are buying an expensive item do you ever use escrow?
ive bought some stuff from ebay but ive never bought stuff over $1000.
can you use a credit card? or is paypal better?
how do you guys pay for expensive items?
I just use Paypal. They usually have paypal protection. I have got refunds before when dishonest sellers have tried to rip me off

Luna..love that shade of green and the key is cute.

13-06-2005
offline.

TY

14-06-2005
tfs star

yah with paypal you can always get your money back

front row

I'm actually pretty upset with paypal recently, I got an empty package, they didn't even ask for my evidence and don't give my money back. By the time they made that decision, I can't request a charge back from my credit card company!!

rising star

There is a new service launching at the end of this month called GreenZap which is supposed to be an alternative to PayPal with somewhat cheaper fees. Here's a link in case anyone wants to sign up, you get $25 in your account for signing up and its free. We'll see if its better than PayPal or not but at least some competition is good and may help keep them on their toes!

http://www.greenzap.com/join-greenza...alJewelsDotCom

14-06-2005
tfs star

That really sucks! Omgish i feel so sorry for you serenade

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misako
Has anyone bought jeans (particularly sevens, rock & republic, true religion & diesel) on eBay and can recommend sellers? I'm wary about ebay but the prices better than most and I want to ensure that I'm getting something authentic.
I have bought authentic sevens and true religion from hrysuli799.

Be wary of VIP Fashions. I have heard of a number of people getting fakes from them.

And I also agree with the 'use PayPal' comment. That offers you protection. Also if the seller is a member of "Square Trade" (it will say on the auction listing) then that offers even more protection.

I don't buy denim very often off ebay though, simply because I am so picky about the fit. I like to go to the store, try the style, and then see if I can get it a little cheaper on there....

14-06-2005
Adorable illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_ingenue
I'm actually pretty upset with paypal recently, I got an empty package, they didn't even ask for my evidence and don't give my money back. By the time they made that decision, I can't request a charge back from my credit card company!!
Sorry to hear you got ripped off. Normally when someone tries to take my money and not send me anything, I demand a refund and send them lots of emails telling them im going to report them to paypal etc. That usually does the trick

14-06-2005
rising star

Luxndesire
Blacklabelresale

Both resellers, and know clothes. Not much danger of fake goods from either I would expect. I've bought dior from both sellers, authentic.

14-06-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar991
Be wary of VIP Fashions. I have heard of a number of people getting fakes from them.
I hope they are ok. I just bought a JUICY Thermal Hoodie from them but it hasn't arrived yet. They still have 99% feedback so I hope they are okay. Sometimes I think people think they've gotten a fake and don't know when its the real thing..we'll see! I have the same hoodie already in another color that I know is real because I got it at Saks so I'll compare the two.

15-06-2005
scenester

please let us know - hopefully it is authentic!

16-06-2005
windowshopping

=P
ebay is addictive...!

stop by my place sometimes : ...nhustyle

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misako
Has anyone bought jeans (particularly sevens, rock & republic, true religion & diesel) on eBay and can recommend sellers? I'm wary about ebay but the prices better than most and I want to ensure that I'm getting something authentic.
I dont know how you guys buy clothes on Ebay, I mean even Sevens- depending on the style they fit diff...

rising star

It's easier with men's clothes, though you have to be careful. I only by stuff I've tried on before. Even then it's tricky. Most designers change their sizing from season to season. I've got helmut lang's in identical models ("low waist contour fit") that fit just the same, and one's a 31 and the other is a 32. Basically I buy only from sellers who own tailor's soft measuring tape and are able to take some key measurements. It's easier with brands like dior homme which provide item numbers which allow you to pinpoint the season and style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic'sWife
I dont know how you guys buy clothes on Ebay, I mean even Sevens- depending on the style they fit diff...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ebay, shopping