How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-05-2005
windowshopping

Shopping on eBay
Hi There! This is my first post. I'm a long time lurker but I have decided to crawl out of cyberspace to get some help.

People at my college always seem to have really gorgeous stuff and when I ask them where they got it from they say eBay. Everytime I go on there I just get lost. What so you search for to find the cool things?

Does anyone have any reccomended sellers that sell cool things? Also has anyone been scammed and is all the designer stuff fake?

Mebbes we could turn this into an eBay watch thread. If you have seen anything nice then post it?

Sorry about the million questions but I look forward to reading replies and posting loads!

Janie

xxx

25-05-2005
V.I.P.

Good idea for a thread. We've been needing this. My favorite seller right now is diabro_jp.

No, not all the designer stuff is fake. Certain designers are nearly all fake, though. All the super mainstream logoish ones. I was looking at Prada the other day, and it was just pages and pages of fake Prada Sport. Dolce & Gabbana/D&G is nearly as bad. But the good thing about those is the authentic and nice runway items and such stick out like a sore thumb. But if you're not sure, I'd generally stay away from labels like that on eBay. Or ask people here first in The Official "Is it Authentic?" thread here in this forum.

Last edited by AlexN; 25-05-2005 at 10:05 PM.
26-05-2005
windowshopping

Hiya, thanks for answering. I love that seller's things. I'm counting up my panny jar to see if I can afford his Marni dress.

Thanks for the advice on the fakes. I thought some prices were too good to be true. I was going to buy a Dior bag for my friend for her birthday, could you imagine the shame if it was outed as a fake!

I've had a good hunt and come up with this little metal jacket. I quite like it but I don't think it will fit ( could buy it and just hang on the wall ... Does anyone know anything about the label?

Thanks for your help!

Janie

xxx

Last edited by Luna; 26-05-2005 at 12:38 PM.
26-05-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiebaby
Hiya, thanks for answering. I love that seller's things. I'm counting up my panny jar to see if I can afford his Marni dress.
Wonderful! Please post if you get it.

I don't know anything about the brand of that jacket. Sorry.

28-05-2005
tfs star

one word...addicted

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoexgal
one word...addicted
Same!

You do have to be careful though... there are some dodgy sellers out there

28-05-2005
Adorable illusion

Generally speaking, stay away from most Dior bags and all the logo designer stuff as AlexN has pointed out!! Its nice to find a real bargain of authentic designer goods but they can be quite hard to spot though.

28-05-2005
front row

I'm not quite sure about buying on ebay. I mean, I cant figure how you guys buy clothes on the internet without trying it out once.

There are really great finds on ebay, but I should try once to know if its a good thing.

28-05-2005
V.I.P.

^If you're familiar with certain brands and how they fit you, and the seller provides measurements, you can't really go wrong.

29-05-2005
V.I.P.

my favorite sellers (all authentic ):

mysecretprada
handmadeinitaly
auctionarena
4sunglass
allymcgaly
orangemesales
urbanchicboutique

29-05-2005
rising star

check out

theurbancollection

31-05-2005
scenester

I am totally addicted. I usually find great stuff on there. You just need to do the obvious and check feedback, etc.

31-05-2005
scenester

here are some sellers I like:

JaneFinds
hrysuli799
alltogether (for cosmetics etc.)

If you guys know of good sellers for purses, please post! Thank you

01-06-2005
windowshopping

One of the best bag sellers I have come across is Rochellesells - gorgeous little handbags and she is cheap.

Be very careful shopping on eBay, forget about the scams and whatnot, it's addictive. There was an article the other day about a girl who had spent £30,000 in a year on eBay, it got to the point where she couldnt resist a bargain and was hiding stuff in her wardrobe. It apparently broke up her relationship!

tfs star

So true...I will put a positive comment on a seller that has retracted my winning bid and then they will go and put a nasty one on mine..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky_da_da_da
Same!

You do have to be careful though... there are some dodgy sellers out there

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ebay, shopping