How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-01-2006
windowshopping

Dressing your kids (boys) stylish
I am curious how the other mothers out there dress their kids. I know that it is fairly easy for girls (barring the muffin tops for 3 year olds GROSS! and a whole other topic) but as the mom of a boy....I can't really find anything aside from the standard jeans and "T". I have vowed to never buy another pair of overalls, and I am not putting a bow tie and a vest on a 2 year old. I am pretty much stuck with Baby Gap. I don't want to buy WalMart clothes, as they fall apart after one washing and generally look cheap, but Baby Dior is a bit over the top don't you think?

16-01-2006
blue

what about osh kosh?

rising star

There is little I like for girls it always pink and ... or it is reaaaaally expansive
I am actually 'designing' my own childrens' clothes now.
i live in the tropics where choice is limited and mosquitos are everywhere so
i designing for the little girl lots of kaftanlike tops in indian cotton and always got such compliments my husband is trying to convince me to set up my own line to sell to expats here I am not sure

14-01-2007
rising star

and for my boy I put him in linnen straight trousers or 3quartes with a long or short kurta, actually t shirts are a lot heavier so he likes this a lot more but of course this only works for summer
i do think babygap has some nice things and of course if you want to spend a little more pinko pallino 1950 or the pullovers from bonpoint

14-01-2007
backstage pass

I have a nine year old son and I dress him mostly from catalogs. Over the years I have purchased most of his clothing from CWD, Lands's End and LL Bean. The quality from these sources is very good and I can usually sell most items at consignment after he's outgrown them. Another benefit is that his clothing differs from his school mates but he still "blends in" enough that he doesn't feel different. I must admit that I don't like a lot of what's available in stores for his age group, I don't like "tough guy" or athletic wear on boys. Just my two cents.

12-05-2008
windowshopping

shopping for kids/toddlers
looking for good online spots to buy clothes for my 2 yr old son. have access to all the big stores here in nyc, but looking for some more interesting stuff....something other than the plaid shorts and no lace converse's you see everywhere. Thanks

07-07-2008
V.I.P.

http://www.laredoute.com
http://www.vertbaudet.co.uk
http://www.nippazwithattitude.com/
http://www.drjays.com
http://www.tuttibella.com

sites ive used before .. i dont do much online shopping so cant help much sory

08-07-2008
V.I.P.

I love gap and jcrew for kids.

09-07-2008
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I buy most of Olivia's things from either Target or Pumpkin Patch. Although it's nice to receive some sweet designer pieces from my family, I don't really see the point in spending a lot of money on 'designer baby clothes - she grows out of them too quickly!

front row

we buy from ed hardy, ralph lauren, timberland, g unit calvin klein, black label all make cute kids clothes

21-09-2009
tfs star

Mini Boden, Crewcuts by J.Crew, Hanna Andersson and Oilily are a few of my favorite childrenswear labels, if I ever have kids, I'd definitely dress them in those labels. My cousin dresses her kids in mostly boutique labels and they always look cute. And you can find really cute stuff at Tj Maxx, Nordstrom Rack and Loehmanns, at which I have seen Baby Lulu, Beetlejuice, Catimini, Clayeux among many others. And children's clothing consignment stores, I used to work at one and most sell only "like new" things, you never know what you could find.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
kids or toddlers, shopping