How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-12-2005
Fashion Icon googoo gagaa

ah the CHLOE store in paris is horrible..I remember a couple of other tfs'ers complained about the store too!! SNOBBY...and I was wearing a chloe sweater and boots today (by chance haha) and carrying my birkin..the were just rude (Except the one upstairs) but the two ladys ds had a major attitude prob (they always do-not my first time there) i came in asking about a couple of cruise collection peices she kept on saying ( huh- i dont think we have that?..in a weird mean tone as if i dont know what im talking about) then shes like ooh u mean teh green shirt haha its not blue ..im like well ya its kinda blue(ish) i guess..nono green and we dont know when we're going to have it. Sorry. Then I waited almost 15 min (the store is small) just to get help from the same lady who was chatting on the phone..when i wanted to try a dress..then she finally came and said YES? i said..um do u have this in a 34>? she looked at me up and down (as if im not worthy of a size 34 ) and was like it doesnt come in such a size (which im sure it does) we have a 40..im sure it'll fit you! WUUUUUUH?! I got soooooo pissed..and left.....
I only buy chloe from department stores or NAP.....so just to point out that even when you are dressed to the nines...if they have an attitude..they will treat you like crap!!

Last edited by UNiQFashionista; 07-12-2005 at 11:23 AM.

07-12-2005
front row

It seems that Gucci has a tendency to hire snobby SAs. The Gucci in SF is no different, I had to stand around, literally, for at least 15 minutes until someone would help me. I asked an older woman if she was busy and she said and I quote, "uh yea I'm busy right now" and then walked to the back and two male SAs were chatting right in front of me not helping anyone and not asking if I need help! Unbelievable customer service, it's worse when you call them over the phone too.

Louis Vuitton in SF has sweet SAs but I noticed the guys are much nicer than the ladies. They're quick to ask you if you need help and don't hesitate in letting you see a product.

Dior in SF is pretty good with training their SAs too. They can keep a conversation but once you buy the product, it's over. =/

07-12-2005
backstage pass

Chloe London has very sweet SAs, very helpful (agree w/ Paris though)! Net-A-Porter SAs are really helpful, and are always very quick to assist you, and their special orders team are very dedicated. I think the snobbiest SAs are Celine's, they are always chatting, and don't ask if you need help even if you are the counter, unless you ask. And then when you ask for help, they hesitate to find any items from the stockroom. I will just buy from NAP, when they stock them in January. I find LV SAs are very well-informed. Here is my top five stores w/ snobby SAs...

1. Celine/Valentino
2. Gucci
3. Michael Kors
4. Dolce and Gabbana
5. Versace

Top five stores w/ nice SAs...

1. Chloe London/Louis Vuitton
2. Net-A-Porter
3. Fendi
4. Hermes
5. Marni

07-12-2005
tfs star

I def would expect NAP to have nicer SAs, since they have no clue who you are and have no base on which to judge you.. unfortunate but true.. for all they know the cc you've been using on their site is a black amex..

07-12-2005
Adorable illusion

I think Chloe London is ok too. Not really that snobby, but wasnt very impressed with one of them who was busy on the phone and amde me wait..I didnt like their security guard/door man
Has anyone else noticed that the SAs might be nice but the security guards can stuck up! Not all of them, the Chanel one is friendly.. Its nice when they bother to say good afternoon or whatever.

I also remember calling up Chloe NY and she was nice and helpful, giving me phone numbers etc. on where to find some shoes.

Last edited by vintage_princess; 07-12-2005 at 01:48 PM.
07-12-2005
rising star

After lurking forever, this is my first post....I couldn't resist adding my 2 cents to this thread.

When I was still in high school, I guess I was about 15 or 16, I went to the Versace store in Chevy Chase MD (D.C. area). There was a particular dress that I was interested in getting that was featured in a few of their ads. Well, they did have it and when I asked to try it on, the SA just said "These clothes are mostly just for models and actresses, maybe you can come back in a few years..." I just could not believe the blatant rudeness.

07-12-2005
Adorable illusion

^ Thats soo rude! And a blatant lie! "models and actresses" yeah right!

07-12-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorella
Chloe London has very sweet SAs, very helpful (agree w/ Paris though)! Net-A-Porter SAs are really helpful, and are always very quick to assist you, and their special orders team are very dedicated. I think the snobbiest SAs are Celine's, they are always chatting, and don't ask if you need help even if you are the counter, unless you ask. And then when you ask for help, they hesitate to find any items from the stockroom. I will just buy from NAP, when they stock them in January. I find LV SAs are very well-informed. Here is my top five stores w/ snobby SAs...

1. Celine/Valentino
2. Gucci
3. Michael Kors
4. Dolce and Gabbana
5. Versace

Top five stores w/ nice SAs...

1. Chloe London/Louis Vuitton
2. Net-A-Porter
3. Fendi
4. Hermes
5. Marni
A very nice SA at Versace NY is Nelson. His voice is really weird, I couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman. He was very helpful though even after my purchase.

07-12-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
oh man I wish I could receive this kind of "service" from the Asian girl who works at Balenciaga in new york

Sorry Fade to Black, this might be one of those gay privileges. I think only a gay SA would be enough of a pig to try such a thing, although I could be wrong. Maybe you should ask the Balenciaga sales girl the next time you are in and see what she says. :p

08-12-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
oh man I wish I could receive this kind of "service" from the Asian girl who works at Balenciaga in new york
Don't you wish hahaha

Hmm it's funny how many people don't like the service at Holt's (in Vancouver). The SA's are always so nice to me when I go, and I don't buy stuff all the time. The women at the Dior counter are super nice...I always like to look at the jewlery I also love love the Indian man working at the Tiffany counter. Super great service. I bought the thick atlas ring for my bf a while ago and the SA was so kind and offered us many times to come back and resize the ring if it didn't fit. Speaking of Holt's, did everyone get their catalogue yet? I got mine today in the mail, and the stuff looked mildly boring......

I don't have the nerve to go into a high end designer boutique by myself, they'd probably look down on me and think I'm way too young. I have no problems going in designer shops with my mom and dad though. My dad is super stylish, and they all come to serve him.

08-12-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by maraschin0
Don't you wish hahaha

Hmm it's funny how many people don't like the service at Holt's (in Vancouver). The SA's are always so nice to me when I go, and I don't buy stuff all the time. The women at the Dior counter are super nice...I always like to look at the jewlery I also love love the Indian man working at the Tiffany counter. Super great service. I bought the thick atlas ring for my bf a while ago and the SA was so kind and offered us many times to come back and resize the ring if it didn't fit. Speaking of Holt's, did everyone get their catalogue yet? I got mine today in the mail, and the stuff looked mildly boring......

I don't have the nerve to go into a high end designer boutique by myself, they'd probably look down on me and think I'm way too young. I have no problems going in designer shops with my mom and dad though. My dad is super stylish, and they all come to serve him.
Aww I love Holt's! I remember when I was visiting family last summer we would go there at least 3 times a week and the SAs at the LV counter were always so darn sweet. The SAs at Holts are definitely more 'down-to-earth' than the SAs at NM/Saks/etc. they let you practically roam around the store without eagle eyes preying upon you. I had one of my best shopping experiences there.

08-12-2005
windowshopping

the people at the marc jacobs in SF are really nice...well at least the two that were working there when i went...they helped me choose clothing and gave honest opinions on what looked good and what didnt (instead of telling me that everything looked good, trying to force me to buy their clothing)...but it could have been because i was the only person in the store at the time...who knows...

08-12-2005
scenester

I've been to Saks in NY, Harrods in London or Brown Thomas in Dublin and SAs were always nice and friendly, despite my not-perfect English [I'm Italian]. They helped me finding what I wanted and they weren't snob.

08-12-2005
scenester

Quote:
Hi mello_yello_jen!! i dont live in sf..but i go there a lot (for the food..YUM..i lovee zuni's..HIGHLY recommend that for some salmon n oysters or pork chops for lunch..YUMM!! lol u should try it if u live in sf I live in sj..but yeh BAY AREA-ERS WHAT WHAT!! hehehhe lol

and fade to black LMAO (u might get that type of service from the male SA though)

front row

the sa's at neimans, saks, and barney's are always really sweet, in beverly hills. as well as most of the one's in the individual designer boutiques. although, i don't ever mind having my mother there with me, just because they treat her even better than me. i wish nobody paid attention to age...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
luxury, shopping, stores