How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-12-2005
tfs star

don't worry gg, that customer didn't even have a receipt! don't feel bad about returning to sephora though.. since they carry so many brands, I don't think its uncommon for them to put a little dent in the used jar and return it to _____(skincare brand) and say it originally came as a defect. I know we've done it a few times

15-12-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theory
A lot of SAs at better dept stores (where many here shop) make wayyyy more than $7 an hour. Some of the top sales folks at Bergs can make upwards of $100,000, more than their manager. I know a guy who works there, no college degree and is under 25 and pulled in 60k last year...so while many are snobs, many customers come in with the idea that the SAs are beneath them and can never afford the clothing in the stores..it works both ways....Of course SA pay depends on the store, but many are making more than entry/mid level college grads....something to keep in mind..
Uhhh -- and you think making $100,000 as a salesgirl is impressive?

There are 23 year old bankers who make $120,000 at Goldman Sachs. Give me a break.

I don't give a **** if "a guy who works at Saks" makes $60K a year. His job is to HELP ME and FOLD CLOTHES. He better earn that $60K doing that well.

As far as I'm concerned, I will have your balls if you give me attitude in any store. I've made salesgirls who at once were frosty bitches break down and cry after I spoke to their managers.

15-12-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame_X

I don't give a **** if "a guy who works at Saks" makes $60K a year. His job is to HELP ME and FOLD CLOTHES. He better earn that $60K doing that well.

lol, i agree with you completely.

walked into Burberry and the SA came up to me before i even started to look around and she said "don't touch anything." i swear, sometimes i'm glad i don't carry around dangerous weapons...

15-12-2005
Adorable illusion

^ Whats the point of it being a shop then if you cant touch anything!

15-12-2005
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlooking

walked into Burberry and the SA came up to me before i even started to look around and she said "don't touch anything." i swear, sometimes i'm glad i don't carry around dangerous weapons...

Here's what you do next time ... at the top of your lungs ... "OMG, have you guys received a BOMB THREAT??? ... NO??? Well why else would I not touch the merchandise in a RETAIL store???"

PS Should mention, the Burberry people here are really nice.

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 15-12-2005 at 11:50 AM.
15-12-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:

you've got to be kidding me? is it your age or something?

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
15-12-2005
V.I.P.

when i shop at "holt renfrew" i touch whatever catches my eye. i'm careful of course. although i reaked out when i dropped a beaded chloe dress.

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
15-12-2005
when the rats run riot

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlooking:
that's insane... what did you end up doing?

15-12-2005
tfs star

Quote:
she said "don't touch anything."
when i read that, i had this mental image of naomi campbell slapping the SA and then yelling "you didn't say don't touch anyone!".. which could have been an option if you aren't afraid of being arrested.. what a haughty and rude SA!

16-12-2005
fashion elite

my best friend is the best at shopping at luxurious stores...

amazingly she pickes the items as fast as if she were in the supermarket or something! she often buys some stuff for myself as well so i keep finding that a virtue. even the shop assistants look very surprised she just doesnt think things twice!

Sonny xxx

http://www.myspace.com/sonnycam
16-12-2005
slightly dizzy

^ I've gotten that reaction as well. If I want some small leather goods or something, I just snap it up quickly. It's like grocery shopping, quickly in and quickly out. A SA at Prada even commented that it was her fastest sale ever.

25-12-2005
backstage pass

I went to Fred Segal for the first time last week. Why the hell do the SA's walk around like cheap models? They cant make that much money...so lame. It made me discover a new way to shop...look like your dissapointed with everything at all times!

25-12-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruki
I would like to speak out for the good SA's who know how to provide special service. There was an SA at Jil Sander in Costa Mesa several years ago who would go into the changing room with me to help me with trying on the clothes. One time while tucking my shirt in the front of the pants for me his hand stayed in my pants for many minutes, if you know what I mean. In talking to friends I've learned this kind of service is not so rare, although this was the only time I've ever been treated so well in a changing room.

28-12-2005
backstage pass

Yesterday, I was stunned by the service I received at Hermes, South Coast Plaza. It was friendly -- two young female SAs helped me, got me my scarf and were very personable. And I wasn't dressed that well -- wore a short jacket, a knit top, black pants, ballet flats and carried two wallets into the store.
Because it's the holidays, I'm not sure they are regular help, but it was nice nonetheless.

28-12-2005
backstage pass

Hermes staff are very helpful But at the prices of their products, they should be

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
luxury, shopping, stores